Days Inn / overcharging on the deposit

Golden, CO, United States Review updated:

Me and my family checked into the Days Inn and Suites Golden/Denver West on march 3rd. When we got there they told us they had a $50 deposit that would be returned when we checked out. They lady at the front desk charged me $97. When I went in and told her about it she didnt even say she was sorry. The manager told me that the money would be put back on my card. We got to our room and the floor had tape and dirt ect. My husband decides whe would only stay the one night we asked about getting our money back and they said no. So we ended up checking out at 6 on the 4th. The same lady I delt with before told me I wouldn't get a refund cause we checkes out late. I said ok. We left and they finally put my $97 back in my account. Now on monday the 5th. They hit me for 2 different amounts equalling to the $97 I was charged on day one. I had to file fraud charges with my bank and cancel my card. All because of their imcompatance!!!
I will never stay there again!!!

Cm
Mar 07, 2018

Comments

• Lu
      Mar 28, 2019

The weird part for me is the last 2 days I've been booking a stay at Days Inn (Currently homeless). In 2019, I have to pay for a $200 security deposit and funny enough if you smoke in the room you pay $200.
    Based on my apparel & appearance people do think I smoke weed or cigs, but I myself don't. I understand the need to protect yourself, but what I've notice in the 2 days I've been their.
    1st day = Someone was outside smoking in front of me as I parked my bike in a non-light area (very dark) and checking the room took 10secs (I realize it was a sniff test)

2nd day = My 314 (opposite side of the building) room window (Its March and temperatures are below 10 degrees) was left open so lucky I inspect the room before laying down. When I was leaving that morning while checking out, front desk ask me why am I still standing at the their while a loud vacuum was going on in the background...I ask for my 200 deposit back

I understand if your not making money, but don't turn honest business into a scam.