Days Inn / never stay in this days inn!

Short Version of the story - I had a family emergency and had to cancel a noncancellabe reservation in July (which I made in February, how could ia not predict an emergency 6 months in advance!!)I called in June, a complete month ahead to see if anything could be done, knowing I ran the chance that it couldn't.

The deal was made I would pay one night of the two nights and the reservation would be taken care of, which is better than nothing. I was sent a fictious bill for a stay in June I never had to cover the no show fee. I complained to corporate about a fictious bill as that seemed awfully fishy (I figured zi would be charged after the reservation since the hotel may have been full and then they would get double revenue) - who said I would hear from the hotel within 48 hours. I didn't. Seems corporate really doesn't care since all their hotels are franchises, and they can do their own thing. Then, I was charged for one night of stay in July which I had cancelled in June and paid for through a ficitious nights stay. So, the manager went back on their deal AND accused me of lieing about them making the reservation in June when I called to dispute it. She says I made the June reservation and was a no show. I would highly suggest that NO ONE STAYS AT A DAYS INN since you have no recourse with corporate if their franchises do not follow through on their "deals." I have already canceled my trips rewards account and will find every way to speak out against the hotel I can. I am drafting a letter to the local newspaper there, and am even considering taking out an advertisement in their local tourist flyer stating the facts, no slander or libel.

Va

Comments

19th of Jul, 2009

You could send in a compliment on the repairman you know...
    This would be nice as it's a great way to help an honest person keep their job.

• De
      10th of Aug, 2009

in july we made resverations for the days inn at new stanton pa wow we had no idea what we were gettig into we booked our rooms for 16days for our employees while we were working there it was the most disgusting motel we have ever stayed in and the owner and employees were very rude and did not care then they made a mistake and had us checking out 4 days before our job was done we will never ever stay in a days inn again no matter what this is sad that the days inn alows owners to do his to there name

• De
      27th of Aug, 2009

I agree! I knew nothing about a no refund until I tried to cancel 6+ weeks prior to my trip. Ridiculous! I booked through Expedia and they kept trying to blame them, when it it's their policy. I love Expedia and use them all the time!! They charge your card immediately instead of, like most hotels, charging it when you arrrive! Don't ever stay at a Days Inn if you can help it! I would like to report them to the BBB!!!

• Ka
      3rd of Sep, 2009

Umm.. it is a cheap hotel. Did you expect the Wilshire? lol

7th of Sep, 2009
    Days Inn Groton - Filthy
    Days Inn Groton, CT
    135 Gold Star Hwy, Groton, CT
    Groton
    Connecticut

Horror- horror- horror! Our room was changed after I called to complain the toilet was filthy with feces, area around sofa and bed not vacuumed, sheets touching floor-not properly tucked (new policy it’s not mandated anymore??) as the manager explained and inspected first hand.

However, the second room, for a second time the maintenance person had to vacuum around the sofa and certain areas of the living room. The toilet had pubic hair, shower curtain infested with mold, cigarette lingering because the smoking floor was below us and it came thru the vent in the bathroom. I thought I was in a $10 dollar motel room.

This should have been a stress free weekend for my husband who is battling cancer and scleroderma. I did not or could not change hotels due to the holiday weekend and all were full. I requested for disinfectant, but the manager refused and informed me the staff had to do it. Sadly, the cleaning person was overwhelmed; handicap and I didn’t want to burden him. I took it upon myself to purchase a disinfectant and bleach cleaner, in order to do it myself, as I showed the manager when we check-out this morning. My stomach is still upset with this experience, which will be forwarded to all I am able to reach. Not only to my friends, family but also co-workers from the HHC institution under the Bloomberg administration, Consumers Affairs, Chamber of Commerce, especially the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Cancercare.org, Scleroderma.org with whom we are active members of. No one should have to thru this dreadful and disgusting experience.

Shame on your establishment for allowing such occurrences to hamper the little happy times we plan for our love ones who are chronically ill.

• Co
      24th of Sep, 2009

This is totally not right. At some point in time people will stop booking at all Days Inn hotel and you will no longer have a business. This is no way to treat people and a bad way of doing business. Add one more person who will no longer stay in a Days Inn again.

• Mv
    Days Inn-corning - Very deceitful
    Days Inn-Corning
    daysinn.com

Our room rate was quoted at $71 per night when we were charged $79.00 per night upon departure. The manager Kerry refused to adjust the bill. Upon further research we found out that the person who booked our room was fired the week before for not giving customers the correct room rates. Instead of adjusting the room rate to make good on the fired persons quote the manager ignored our complaint.

Manager knew about the reservation clerk being fired and didn't acknowledge that fact to us. Very deceitful.

• Ih
      4th of Oct, 2009

When you book a non refundable rate (as it sounds like this person did), its just that non refundable. Know what you are getting into before booking it!!! Accept responsibility for one's actions.

• Ih
      4th of Oct, 2009

You people all need to understand what it means to book non-refundable reservations. It says it in multiple spots before you complete the booking. Accept responsibility for your actions!!

• Su
      7th of Oct, 2009
    Days Inn - VERY RUDE DESK CLERK & PLACE WAS FILTHY
    Oshawa
    Ontario
    Canada

MY HUSBAND & I ENTERED QUEBEC ON SEPTEMBER 23RD/09, WHERE WE PULLED OFF AND WENT TO THE "INFORMATION CENTRE" JUST INSIDE THE BORDER OF THE PROVINCES. WE WERE ASKING FOR RECOMMENDATIONS FOR A PLACE ON THE OTHER SIDE OF MONTREAL AS WE WERE HEADING FOR THE EAST COAST. WE WERE TOLD THAT THE DAYS IN SAINTE-HELENE WAS A GOOD AND REASONABLE PLACE - AND WE WENT THROUGH THE INFORMATION CENTRE AND BOOKED A ROOM. WHEN WE ARRIVED THERE - THERE WAS A BIG SIGN OFFERING THE ROOMS FOR $69.99, AND WE HAD BEEN TOLD $80.10 BY THE INFORMATION CENTRE. I ASKED THE "NOT SO FRIENDLY" DESK CLERK IF SHE COULD JUST CANCEL US OUT OF THE COMPUTER AND WE COULD JUST START AGAIN - AS WE FELT THE RATE ON THE SIGN OUTSIDE SHOULD BE HONORED. SHE SAID "NO - THAT'S THE RATE YOU PAY AND ONCE IT IS IN THE COMPUTER I CAN'T REMOVE IT." I THEN ASKED TO SPEAK TO HER MANAGER AND SHE SAID THAT HE WAS IN THE BAR AND PROBABLY DRINKING, AND HE WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO HELP US AS HE WASN'T INTERESTED IN THE PLACE ANYMORE. I THEN SAID - "WELL - PERHAPS WE SHOULD MOVE ON THEN - AS THIS PLACE IS NOT AT ALL LIKE THE PHOTO'S WE WERE SHOWN, AND THE PRICE DOESN'T JIVE." SHE THEN RETORTED WITH "MOVE ON IF YOU WANT - BUT I AM STILL CHARGING YOU FOR THE NIGHT." WE WERE VERY DISPLEASED - BUT DECIDED IT WAS JUST TOO MUCH HASSLE AND WENT TO OUR ROOM. WELL...THE BATHTUB WAS FILTHY AND THERE WAS NO WAY WE WERE GOING TO GET IN IT - AND THE ROOM SMELLED OF SMOKE (AND WE HAD ASKED FOR A "NON-SMOKING" ROOM) AND THE PLACE WAS JUST DISGUSTING.
    WE REALLY COULDN'T GET OUT OF THERE FAST ENOUGH THE NEXT MORNING, AND I THOUGHT YOU SHOULD KNOW JUST HOW SOME OF YOUR DAYS INNS ARE BEING RUN. THE ADDRESS OF THIS PARTICULAR ONE IS 410 RUE COUTURE STE-HELENE DE BAGOT (QUEBEC).
    WE HAVE FREQUENTED MANY MANY DAYS INNS ON OUR TRAVELS - AND THIS IS THE FIRST ONE WE HAVE EVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH, BUT UNFORTUNATELY - IT PUT US OFF THE CHAIN FOR THE REST OF OUR TRIP.
    THANK YOU FOR READING THIS - AND I FEEL SLIGHTLY BETTER AFTER VENTING.

• Ry
      7th of Oct, 2009

dude its the days in itsnot good

• Bu
      14th of Oct, 2009

Last week I booked a hotel Days Inn West in Alburqueque NM and requested a non-smoking room since my mother has emphysema. When we arrived to check in they told me that all that was available was smoking rooms. I refused to check in, and asked them to cancel my reservation. They refused. Also refusing to contact their manager since it was his day off (Friday 2 p.m.). They charged my credit card over $450.00 for 2 rooms, 3 nights. I was able to dispute the charge with my credit card company, but am still awaiting a verdict. I finally did make contact with the manager who hung up on me several times and told me, "thats how we do business, and we did nothing wrong." I will never stay at a Days Inn again.

• To
      24th of Oct, 2009

Something woke me up at 4am. I turned on the light to find it was bed bugs! There were a couple on the desk next to the bed and several still in the bed (apparently they hide very quickly with light or movement).

I caught a couple of them and showed the manager. He offered me a measly 20% off! Are you kidding? I've got to throw my luggage away and possibly some clothes. I've got hours of work to do to make sure I don't bring them into our home and then have to spends thousands of dollars with a professional pest control company.

The manager had no recommendations how to prevent me from contaminating my home so I emailed Days Inn via the corporate website. That was shortly after 4am. I asked for urgent advice as I was going to be leaving in a few hours. It has been more the a day now and I've got no response from corporate.

The manager did give me a couple garbage bags for free so I could bring my stuff home.

Days Inn, Somerset, PA Oct 23, 2009

• Ju
      30th of Nov, 2009
    Days Inn/farmington Mo - Poor Conditions
    Days Inn
    1400 Liberty St
    Farmington
    Missouri

Very poor Conditions, Every thing in the room was falling apart, worn carpet, matress and chairs. The clerk at the desk was very unprofessional. Another guest came to the lobby while I was checking in to complain about loseing a clock, the clerk brushed the man off, told the man that they needed to stop pissing (excate word) in the bed.
    The next morning we went to have our complmentry breakfast, what a mess that was! My father wanted coffee, there was none made, he ask the clerk at desk (same one has the night before) to make coffee, he gave my father the water to make it himself. When my father put the water in the machine it started leaking out, he told the clerk, who gave him towels to soke it up. There was no milk we ask for milk and got a jug (was not on ice) just to sum it up, this was the worst complmentery breakfast we had ever had. Needless to say we did not even try to eat there. It was dirty and very unsanitery.
    When I checked out I feel over when I got my copy of the receipt. I was charged $82.47 for the room including a $1.50 charged for the safe that we did not even use. I have never paid more then $65 or $70 for a Days Inn room in a out of the way town. NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL IT WAS TERRIABLE

• Bd
      21st of Dec, 2009

Stayed 11/25/2009

This hotel was the was exremely dirty. I wrote to Wyndham worldwide and they did not address my concerns. The manager was instructed to call me he did not.
    I was checked in to room 137. This room had a dehumidifier
    > trying to take out a musty damp smell. I addition the TV did not work
    > could not be repaired. I was then transferred to room 129 a so called
    > MINI suite! This room was the filthiest room of all. The carpeting was
    > stain everywhere, dead bugs were on the floor in several locations, ants
    > in the bath room, rusty water when I turned on the shower, water leaking
    > from the toilet, the mirrors were cleaned half way (I quess the maid was
    > a short person), the table in the mini suite area was covered in dried
    > food, the microwave was in the sink, the coffee pot had parts that did
    > not fit properly, the TV signal was terrible. Mildew was present on all
    > the tile floors. There were holes in the yard area where a person could
    > trip. I could go on but you should get the idea.

8th of Mar, 2010
    Days Inn - Dirty Rooms
    Days Inn Richmond Airport
    5500 Willamsburg Road
    Sandston,VA 23150
    Virginia
    Phone: (804) 222-2041
    thedaysinn.com

After a two hour drive we checked into this establishment only to find hair on our pillows. After finding the hair we imediatly rush to the front desk to as for new linens for our pillows, Ten minutes laer maintnence comes back with two pillows, and not the linen that we asked for.So since we found hair on our pillows we decided to pull the sheet backs only to find dirty sheets with pubic hair on them! Once again we call the fron desk to get new linen for the beds only for maintenence to come back with to Quilts, and tell us there was nothing they could do because the laundry room was closed at this time of night.So we graciously decided that we would go to the CVS pharmacy to purchase Lysol Disenffetant, Frebrezze, and bahroom cleaner. after spraying the rooms we decde that we would get dressed and go out for dinner only to find that when we got back to the hotel all of our cleaning products, snacks and a few miscellaneos stuff was missing.We imediately vacate the room and call the police! Only to find out that the police just laughed us off and said there was nothing they could do! We ended up leaving and not geting a refund, but only a card for a number to call, and nothing resolved!

Days Inn - dirty
    days inn
    Casa Grande
    Arizona

I travel all over the us and have stayed in many motels. But this one is by far the dirtiest and most run-down that I've ever seen in my life!!! The carpet is so nasty that I had to make a trail of towels to walk on, so that my feet or socks didn't turn black! I had my cat with me and when he walked on the carpet and than jumped up on the sink or in the bath-tub he left black greasy foot prints all over the place. When I shut the bath-room door the bottom section of the wall near the p broke loose from rot.It shoed they patched it with joint compound. The tub surround on the top had dirt and looked like it never was cleaned. Also next to the wall where the entrance door is located in that corner was dirt and black dust, you can run your finger down it and leave a trial. I'm am sending pictures to prove my case. I would of went to another but I was dead tired. Next time I will check out rooms before I get them .

• Ga

Hello,
    M
    How are you doing? Hope you are alright.
    Last week, I bought Many items.
    it is very cheap and I get it in 5 days. The quality is very good.
    The site also sell Sneakers, handbag, purse, jeans, sunglass, hat and so on.
    I never forget to share good things with friends.
    So, if you are interested in it, you can have a look.
    I think you will get some surprise.
    This is their : www.newgoing.com

3rd of Apr, 2010

Sounds unpleasant. I don't know if I have ever staying at a Days Inn but I am sure they are not all the same (lets hope, at least). Where was this one located?

• Ke
    Days Inn-abercorn Street Savannah Ga - Dirty Room

My husband reserved me a room so I could get away from the kids and concentrate on my assignments. Because of a mistake on our part (we booked the hotel for the April 1, 2010 instead of April 2, 2010 my husband informed me that I needed to pay the $14.00 difference at check-out. I arrived at room 131 after 10pm to discover my key did not work. Loaded down with bags/laptop/books etc. I went to the reservation desk to find out about the key. I was informed that I needed to pay the $14.00. I did but never have I had to pay for a room until check-out.

The breeze way was very wet. When I got into the room, it was large however there was a musty odor. I turned on the air conditioner to try to minimize the odor and proceeded to get settled in for a night of studying. When plugging in my laptop I was surprised by the overloaded surge strip. There was also some type of goo/stain around the lamp fixtures.When I got to the bathroom the tub was not clean, so before I used it I cleaned it with my shower gel. The shower/tub fixtures were awful and stained. There was patch over the toilet tissue roll. There was a used bar of soap on the sink The sheets were thread worn. Since it was late and I was alone I decided to deal with it. I informed my spouse and he was not happy but he agreed to me staying since he was at home with the kids. There was a dog on the property that would not stop barking throughout the night. I slept terrible and was glad to get out of there at daybreak. My husband later informed me that there was four men's shirts hanging up in the room, but someone from the front desk came to get them before he left.

Is this a franchise? I want to know does anyone truly inspect these properties? Based on this experience I will not be returning to a Days Inn ever again.

I have plenty of photos but they were too large to upload