Daylight Consulting Group / non performance

1 Sacramento area, CA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 916-560-9447

Loan modification with Hope for Homeowners promised back in November. Collected $750.00 up front. They did nothing, foreclosure sale date initiated 3 months after we paid them so we had to file BK to stop. 4 months later they now say they will not help us and refuse to return money. Nearly lost our home because of their incompetence.

De

Comments

• Ca
      30th of Mar, 2009

We have had the same issue with Daylight Consulting. Contracted with them in September 2008, paid $1, 000.00; first applied with HOPE program - no results; December 2008 started paperwork with bank for loan modification; didn't start seeing any response from bank until March 2009; bank set sale date for April 1st, Daylight not responding in any way; we have no option other than Short Sale

• Ca
      30th of Mar, 2009

We have been working with Daylight since Sept 2008; paid $1, 000 upfront; first promised that the HOPE for Homeowners program - no results; went to bank with loan modification in Dec 2008; bank started to respond in March 2009, bank set sale date of April 1st; Daylight kept stating they could get the postponement to start loan mod negotiations; less than 48 hours before sale date; no response from Daylight. No other option other than Short Sale at this point. Granted this wasn't a set deal with the loan modification but when all sources state loan modification is going to happen, it's extremely upsetting when it all falls through

4th of Apr, 2009

For Denise, we successfully negotiated a loan modification saving $900 per month. Borrower decided to decline because of no principal reduction.

For Carie, April 2nd sale date was postponed to June 2. Still waiting for loan modification from lender. Lender continues to stall any negotiations.

• Li
      7th of Apr, 2009

why don't you return borrower phone calls? how can they reach you? also, how could you possibly comment on the two complaints here without knowing who the complaint came from?

• Bo
      28th of Apr, 2009

Started negotiations in Sept 08. 3 different plans came about including H4H and Obamas new plan. Docs were signed, were told 2nd would drop off and payment would be nearly cut in half. These promises were made in Jan 09. To date nothing has transpired, won't return emails or phone calls. The harrassing calls from Mortgage company have now resumed. We are now being told by a reliable source they are closing shop, let go of all employees and those employees will not get their final paychecks. Totally fraudulent company, will be sued whether they have any monies to pay or not.

• Gu
      30th of Apr, 2009

I fell into the same trap...I lost my deposit of $1500. I hired this same company in February and decided to cancel my service with them in March. Have not gotten a refund and they are now refusing to return calls.

• Un
      8th of May, 2009

Did any of you guys get your money back? This company trying to take my money. They refused to give my money back. I initially gave them $2, 000 so they can help me with my house. I found out that they are not license so I asked them for my money back. It took them three months to return $750 and then they wrote me another check for $1250 but when I deposited the check it was insufficient fund.

27th of May, 2009

My husband and I contacted Daylight Consulting, Melissa Medina, in Dec '08 paid $750 and specifically asked for and were sold the H4H program. Submitted all the paperwork to them within 1 month, then for the next 3 months they kept calling saying they either don't have it, didn't get it, or need more. Finally they were satisfied with what we gave them. Didn't hear anything from them for 2 months, when we would contact them they would claim all was moving along blah blah. We get the notice of sale date for our house, call, nothing. Then, we finally get an offer in the mail from our lender...a whole 1% decrease. We called Daylight to see if this was the offer they worked out for us or something independent from our lender, 2 days later they say, yes this is their hard work at hand and that they couldn't get the H4H for us because our lender wasn't participating in that program. We called our lender, which informed us that, yes indeed they ARE doing that program and would have been happy to help us from the start! We now have an extention with our lender and will be starting the whole process over again.
    In a nutshell, these people are SAMMERS AND LIARS.
    On a side note; the people that referred us to Daylight and were using them as well, have lost their home. They also couldn't get anyone at Daylight to return their calls, emails etc in regard to their refund. They have moved "offices" and don't seem to be advertising it. Through another source we were able to get the address for him, and he did eventually get his money back. We don't have the address currently but are working on it and I will post it.
    Please, everyone, just contact your lender first, before going to anyone else.

27th of May, 2009

And I'll be filing a complaint at the BBB in a few minutes, I hope you all will as well.

11th of Sep, 2009

For Daylight...Daylight did not negotiate any kind of halt to the foreclosure process, our realtor did by putting together the Short Sale! Daylight contacted us in July 2009 and stated they received notice from bank on NO loan mod and they would refund our monies (per the signed paperwork); well it's Sept 2009 and we have not received any refund and they will not return calls! We received notification from bank absolutely NO loan mod. We will be contacting the FBI Mortgage Fraud division...they want to receive reports on companies that get paid upfront!

• Ly
      10th of Oct, 2009

I strongly suggest if you are in need of a modification DO NOT contact Daylight Consulting. They told me to stop paying outright and the modification would get done within 45 days. The only thing we got was a Partial Claim offer from our lender which dropped our payment by $30 . They tried to say this was a modification they negotiated. B.S. the reason for decrease in payment was due to property taxes decrease in my county and my lender contacted me directly, not Daylight.

Abraham Lee - Supposed owner of Daylight does not return calls. I've called numerous times regarding my refund but no call back.

Sal Marchio - Told me to send an email to he and the receptionist Julia and I would get my refund w/in 30 days. It's been 90 days with no returned calls or email.

Kirk Garlit - Came to my home and lied to both my wifes my face when he said he could absolutely help us with a modification and we would definitely get an 80% refund if nothing was done

Melissa Medina - Crook just like the rest.

The receptionists answer the phones and are told to lie by the above so you will never be able to talk to anyone.

• Ka
      16th of Oct, 2009

what is up with these guys? Calling the agent and the office and they all go to voicemail. I even sent an email and did not get a response.

• Be
      21st of Oct, 2009

Is anyone else interested in filing a class action lawsuit against Daylight Consulting Group for compensation in their treatment of claims and as a way to impose the costs of wrongdoing and to deter any future wrongdoings? Legal action is the only way this currupt company will listen.

• Co
      22nd of Oct, 2009

Does anyone of you ever filed a legal complaint against this company?

• 2c
      28th of Oct, 2009

because of this company my uncle lost his credit when he didnt have to. he was paying his mortgage just fine but they appeared and told him they would help them to lower their payments, made them stop paying their mortgage and after 6 months being late they finally did the so called loan mod and the payments were lowered by 500$ only which didnt help them at all and now they're regreting that they ruined their whole credit. if not this company they would have qualified for the new Obama program for people who are current. Now the lender is asking all kinds of questions requiring some paperwork and they just wont answer any phone calls. I think someone has to do a legal action, so these people dont do something like this and they always go for this desperate people who want help and ruin their lives.

18th of Jan, 2010

I agree with all the complaints. These people are just out for your money. I let them do my modification back in July 2009 and followed up with them every month. Around November I was already getting worried because I don't want to have my house foreclosed. I kept calling every week by this time to follow up and all they keep telling me that it's still in review. Around December, I called the lender direct. To my surprise, the bank told me that the file is inactive and waiting for a respond from the 3rd party (Daylight Consulting). They asked me if they can help me instead and I agreed. It took the bank 5 minutes to approve my modification, I'm already on my 3 months trial period. I called Daylight and told them what happened and told them that I deserve my money back. It's been over a month and have not heard back from them.

I was following up with Daylight on my modification and can provide e-mails and documentations to back this up.

29th of Jan, 2010

If anyone has any current contact information for Daylight it would be greatly appreciated. We are still unable to get a refund and have been unable to get any response from them. We sent a Certified Letter but it was returned because they refused to accept it. So a current address would be good too. Thanks.

11th of Feb, 2010

YES, I WOULD LIKE TO FILE A LEGAL COMPLAINT WITH DAYLIGHT. WHO IS WITH ME?

25th of Feb, 2010

PLEASE FILE A COMPLAINT TO THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU!!! DON'T ALLOW THEM TO TAKE YOUR MONEY AND TAKE ADVANTAGE OF YOU AND BETRAY YOUR TRUST!!!

WHO IS INTERESTED IN TAKING FURTHER ACTION AND FILE A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST DAYLIGHT CONSULTING???

5th of Mar, 2010

This is the address for them:

Business Contact and Profile for Daylight Consulting Group