Davis Inotek Instruments / The worst service ever

United States Review updated:
This company has the worst service ever. I ordered a meter from them about 3 or 4 weeks ago. I paid additional because I wanted fast shipping. After the original confirmation that the order was accepted I did not hear back from them for 2 weeks.

I contacted them and like a miracal they shipped that next day. They did not offer to refund the quick ship money even though they did not quick ship.

after recieving the meter I find out it does not work. I contact the company they tell me the will send out another meter that day over night due to my problems with the original order.

I recieved a e-mail confirmation that my order went out overnight and I would have it the next day. Had my wife stay home from work to recieve the package as we live in a rural area.

The order did not ship overnight they sent it 2nd day not I am out a days pay for my wife to sit home for nothing, now that I have returned the bad meter for over a week and I still have not recieved the money they took out of my account to cover the new meter they shipped untill they got the defective meter back.

When I contact them they are very rude and no one seems to have answers to my questions

Eustis Florida

Davis Inotek Instruments, LLC
4701 Mount Hope Drive
Baltimore, Maryland 21215
Phone - [protected]
Fax - [protected]

A  7th of Jan, 2007 by
Danny, that's par for the course when dealing with those clowns. Imagine how it is to WORK for them. I did. All they care about is putting money in their pockets. And not the pockets of the salesman...the pockets of the execs.

They probably got a big order from some big company, ran out of stock and shoved your little order way to the back. They made us do that all the time when I was there in Baltimore.

Rude? No answers to your questions? Yep. You're just a little bitty fish to them. Gotta be a big contractor or drug company to rate with them. Unless you rake in the cash for Lee and his little band of misfits, you're out on your ###.
A  28th of Jan, 2007 by
For good service and prices, I buy from Transcat (www.transcat.com). I tried Davis once and will never deal with them again. They totally loused up my order and refused to make it right. Guess they figured I'd just go away and forget about it. Wrong!
N  8th of Feb, 2010 by
If you want great service from a regional lab (rather than one of those catalog labs you mentioned) try CATLab (www.catlab.net). They have labs in NC & VA, they're A2LA accredited and offer great turnaround.