Davinci Team / Ripoff

For some customers, their service seems to work, but for others, it's a total ripoff. I am one of these victims.
Lost 20 euro for nothing. Service didn't work, although I followed all instructions. They ignored my support requests totally, even after 30 days. I posted in their forum, they didn't try to help. When I tried to criticize them, just started deleting my posts. Filed Paypal disputes, nothing. Tried escalating into Paypal claim, Paypal denied that (must have made some mistake in how I defined the category of the dispute... arghhh... almost case to file a complaint against Paypal aswell...).
So, here it is. You're warned. Avoid them!
Although they do have some happy customers, I've seen many other cases where they did the same like to me.

Comments

• Ti
      18th of Aug, 2008

Did you contact the support ? support@davinciteam.com

12th of Oct, 2010

Had same experience with Davinci Team. Said they could unlock my phone, and still say so on their website. But it's a complete lie, they can't do it, and even though I bought the credits using PayPal and launched a dispute, came to no good as PayPal didn't bother resolving the case in my favour as it was a digital / "intangible" item. Davinci Team is a complete scam.

AVOID DAVINCI TEAM (www1.davinciteam.com) AT ALL COSTS!

20th of Dec, 2010

Did you have contacted their customer support before you was claim via. paypal?

20th of Dec, 2010

Yes I did - countless times, and it was essentially useless. They repeatedly said to "be patient" and wait, and it's been over 4 months now, and DaVinci Team STILL cannot unlock my phone, and STILL falsely advertise that they can on their website.

• Da
      20th of Dec, 2010

By guessing I would think that perhaps your phone has an unsupported CID value but, of course, we'd need to see your account to be sure. In any case, while technical problems are a fact of life from time to time, it is our job to be sure that customers are affected by such things as minimally as possible.

On that note, please do contact me directly at chris@davinciteam.com and we will get you sorted *today*, no questions asked; either your phone is unlocked or, if not or if you prefer to begin with, we'd be very happy to issue a refund immediately. I'd also be glad to leave you with 100 bonus credits as well, just to give you the opportunity to test our services at no cost in the future to see for yourself that, generally, things run very smoothly.

Please know that DavinciTeam is a very reputable firm and we have server many hundreds of thousands of customers and their phones since 2004. We didn't grow to this point with lack of support for customers and it is beyond regrettable that any one customer would walk away from us feeling negatively as you.

Hi Chris,

"DaVinci Team don't offer refunds" is what I received from you on several occassions via E-Mail, and it is also stated on the Davinci Team website FAQs / terms and conditions. This is why I rose a dispute on PayPal, in an attempt to get my money back! The ONLY reason you are saying this now is because you don't want to lose custom from people that see this.
    If the CID of the phone isn't supported by your software, why doesn't your website state the supported CIDs? Besides, the CID of my phone is standard (CID8O) which is what the phone came with originally. I have tried repeatedly to make it work and have sent you the Log file to prove it, and the only thing I am told is to be patient.

Whilst I'm sure that other customers' phones have been unlocked, they are clearly different models to my one, and it is a complete gamble that if you buy credits from DaVinci Team that your phone is actually going to be unlocked. I have seen on your forum that other people have the same problem as me, but you delete the comments as soon as they are posted, advising everyone to "Contact Support" - which gets you nowhere and is just a way of moving complaints from the public domain into the private.

• Da
      18th of Jan, 2011

Yes, we do have a policy in place that clearly declares that refunds cannot be offered on digital service purchases; this is in part to protect ourselves from fraudulent purchases and also to remain in line with PayPal's own policy regarding digital services; this does not mean that I don't have the authority to offer you a refund, as I did above, under extenuating circumstances such as these.

You'll see on our web site that it is noted that we do not offer unlocking services for CID80/81 devices in these device listings - we most definitely want our customers to have the most information they can obtain before purchasing! Finally, in regards to forum postings, no complaints are *ever* removed from our forums - I am the head manager of our forum and I personally sort through spam and other unwanted posts and I can tell you with all surety that, while duplicate posts would be deleted and sometimes posts are moved to a more appropriate forum (a debranding problem posted in the unlocking forum would be moved to the debranding forum, for example), complaints are not removed - they are addressed.

My offer of earlier remains - you need only contact me directly at chris@davinciteam.com and I will see to it that you receive the service you paid for or a refund before the end of the day.

Thanks,