Davies Estates / Scam

United States, Texas Review updated:
Davies Estates
In this tough economical time, there are 1000's of scammers waiting for their next victim who is desperate to 'get rich quick' at any cost. One I came across created a website that seemed very professional, as they all do. First, they send an email that they saw your resume on Hotjobs. They claim to be one of the leading Real Estate Investment firms based in the US. The position they offer is for a customer service representative. They send a link to an agreement form which only asks for your signature and date of commencement to be emailed or faxed to them. Once received, you will be sent another email that screams scam (see below). Oh, and in the emails, they never have any contact information other than their name and position. If you call the main number, [protected], you will always get a recorded message in which no one will ever return the call.

I implore anyone who receives an email from this company to delete it immediately!!! Wishing you all the best to being legitimately hired by an awesome company. Blessings to all.

How are you? I hope you’re fine. Tomorrow you're going to start your training and you’ll actually have to complete quite a few assignments, so let’s get started.

To begin with you must realize what my job is about. As a matter of fact I own a local coffee shop with Internet access but can easily continue my employment with Davies Estates.

I work in close contact with the Customer Service Representative (i.e. you) and our team of in-house and freelance staff. You are the first to keep me informed of any payments sent to me by property buyers, providing all relevant payment information and contact details required to handle the transaction. Once I receive the payment I’m supposed to forward it to our company account or some other destination as assigned.

I do not receive basic salary as I work on a commission fee basis. If I’m absent you’ll be handling transactions on my behalf each earning you up to 7% per transaction as and addition to your base salary. I use my business bank account to receive payments from customers, so if you own a business you’ll be able to use your business bank account, otherwise you can use your personal account.

During your trial you are supposed to handle at least one transaction. Let me make this point very clear using our current assignment as an example. Davies Estates needs to receive a deposit payment for the sold property. The buyer has confirmed that the payment is scheduled to go through within these few coming days. Once the transfer is made and funds are available in my account I have to forward it to the property owner.

Normally it’s done via bank transfer. But sometimes property owners prefer another way of receiving funds - money transfer systems like MoneyGram or Western Union. In such cases I have to physically withdraw cash from my bank account and then send it to the assigned destination via Western Union or MoneyGram. I’m yet to hear back from them as to which method of payment they prefer.

Davies Estates provides an escrow services for the investors – that’s why these transfers are not being made directly to the property owners.

Anyway you should be able to send payment using any of the above methods, and here’s what we’ll do to avoid possible mistakes.

1) You need to find the nearest locations of both MoneyGram and Western Union who can make international transfers and has sending limits up to $4000 - $5000 and email their addresses and phone numbers to me.

You can get this information by calling Western Union directly on [protected] and MoneyGram on [protected].

2) You should call your bank to find out:

How much you can withdraw from your account per day (via ATM and in person via the counter). The limits may be too low without you even knowing it, so please check this out.

Check with your bank if you can make international transfers and how much this will cost you.

If wire transfer has been made - does it go directly to your bank account or does it go thorough the correspondent bank?

3) I will provide the client with the banking details of yours for the transfer I’ve mentioned earlier so the details required from you are as follows:

Bank name:
Your Local Bank branch address:
Account holder name:

Account type (checking, savings etc.):
Account number:
Wire Routing:
ACH Routing:

4) I’ll need your current address to complete all necessary paperwork for the hiring process.

By giving me your account information you also agree with the following:

The Company will not reveal your details; and will only remit agreed funds to the account at the times and dates specified prior each transaction. The Employee will not attempt to use any of the Company funds – even though they are properly insured against theft - other than those deposited in relation to the employment as agreed remuneration, and commissions.

I will also provide your details to our head office so they could arrange your first salary payment.

Email me back as soon as you gather the required information.

Sally Levin
Finance Representative

N  5th of Aug, 2009 by
May I ask how you know this is a true scam considering you posted today and there r no other posting about this company?
A  5th of Aug, 2009 by
I think Mrs. Voss is 100% correct. I was contatcted as well and went as far as sending these people my signed agreement. My "commencement" date is 8/11, but It looks like my job search will have to continue...
N  5th of Aug, 2009 by
What day was (is) Mrs voss commencement date? I too was contacted, with them telling me there is another person going to be competing with me for the job as couldn't decide which one to hire. How can we find out if legitate, I turned down several other jobs for this "probation" period of 2 weeks! Why so far out on ur date yravel?
N  5th of Aug, 2009 by
Because my "recruiter/supervisor" Mr. Albert Gaffen, said my commencement date could not be more than 2 weeks from the date I sent in my agreement. I currently have a sister in the hospital (to be released this weekend) and the 11th would have worked perfectly for me.

BTW, T Mac I was also told I was competing with someone with "simlar credentials and qualifications" and that the best of the two would get the position.

Seems to me that these people need to be reported, ASAP.
A  11th of Aug, 2009 by
DH's start day was supposed to be tomorrow 8/12. Received same email word for word today, from same people - Albert Gaffen & Sally Levin.

This screams scam to me too. Especially hearing that others have gotten the same info. Sigh. The job hunt continues.
A  15th of Aug, 2009 by
yep the tried this ### on me, i just emailed them to "go ### yourself" so, hopefully they get the point. :)
A  20th of Aug, 2009 by
I just went through the same process. Albert Gaffen and Sally Levine. This is a real problem. How can we further our complaint. I am really pissed off!!!
A  21st of Aug, 2009 by
I've never did a work at home Job before, so i was a little curious and followed the instructions of Mr. Gaffen(liar) and Ms Levine (Hore)...Nothing is real about Davies Estates... they even have a data entry site set up so you are to believe that this is real but its just to distract you, they want you to let your guard down... I was even told Salley was in car accident and would be out for a couple of weeks.. and now i see she has been communicating with others...hmmmmmm Scam, . I call ###... I think people really do believe that someone would give them their account informtion with piles of money in their accout so they can take it.. So who really waisted their time...
A  21st of Aug, 2009 by
i was contacted by them they actually deposited money into my account and wanted me to withdraw it and send it money gram
A  24th of Aug, 2009 by
i agree... this is a 1000% scam... i think they are using people to send money to their families in Ukraine- Kiev, Ukraine to be specific... as to the direction where they wanted me to send the money that had been deposited into my account.
A  25th of Aug, 2009 by
Hi Everyone,
I wanted to inform others that i am taking action against this company. I feel that a company promising people employment an employment scam in these hard times goes agaisnt all form of moral character. We have to report this to a larger authortiy so that others are not taken advantage of. This is my email address businessintheparadigm@yahoo.com. All those who want to unite agaisnt this scam please email me. There will be others affected if we dont at least try to stop this.
N  26th of Aug, 2009 by
Yes, I too was told I had the job. I was a little leary since I had not spoken to anyone and I could not get anyone on the phone. You know they say if it sounds too good to be true then it probably isn't. I don't think they should be able to get by with this. When I applied, it said it was going through a staffing company...what's up with that?
N  26th of Aug, 2009 by
On another note...I thought their name was Davies Investors or Davies Invest International Property - at least that's what the paperwork said that I received from them.
A  31st of Aug, 2009 by
I was contacted b/c I applied through Hot Jobs! or Carreer Builder.. I'm not sure which one. Me and "Mr. Albert Gaffen" emailed back and forth several times. I read the bogus .pdf document and chose my commencmet date which "had to be within two weeks of the day I received it. I was suppose to start my training today 8/31/09 and was told they were hiring another person as well who would be going through the training process with me. I haven't had any contact with them since 8/26, they wont respond to any of my emails. The website www.daviesdevelopments.net has not worked for the last three days, now the link to the document I had to sign doesn't even work.

For future reference, unless you can talk to some one about the position I wouldn't believe it... Below is one of the emails I received.

We have received your recent application at CareerBuilder. After careful consideration we've decided to offer you a position on the trial basis. I'll briefly review some of the key points related to the job. Our company is one of the leading Real Estate Investment firms based in the US. To find out more about our products and services please visit our web page at www.daviesdevelopments.net

Position: Customer Service assistant
Position type: Home Based / Full Time
Compensation: USD $1125 per week

You will be required to perform the following:
* Data entry;
* Updating property database over the Internet;
* Maintaining and updating listings on the Internet;
* Writing property descriptions;
* Responding to phone and email enquiries in a prompt and efficient manner;
* Administration duties as required.

You will possess the following skills and experience:
* At least 6 months experience in similar role;
* You must have access to the computer with Internet access;
* Proficiency with using the Internet;
* Intermediate Microsoft Office skills;
* Good communication skills with the ability to converse with people of all levels.

This position is offered on the two weeks paid trial basis. During this time you will be trained while working and being paid.
In order to proceed please submit your correct and up-to-date cell and landline (if applicable) phone numbers by replying to this email.

Albert Gaffen
H.R. department
A  10th of Feb, 2010 by
These people are scammers, I received the email below today from a Thomas Geller.

I would like to thank you for recent application at CareerBuilder.com. After careful consideration we have decided to offer you a position on the trial basis. Now that we have taken your application further I would like to go over some of the key points related to the job offer:

Position: Administrative Assistant
Position type: Work-From-Home
Hours: Mon to Fri, 9am to 4pm (your local time zone)
Compensation: $56, 000 annually

Our company is one of the leading Real Estate Investors in the USA. To become more familiar with our products and services please visit our web page at http://www[dot]growthllc[dot]net (Please replace "[dot]" with an actual dot "." and copy URL to your browser)
You can find detailed job description under CAREERS section.

The position is offered on the 2-weeks trial basis. At the completion of the two weeks period your supervisor can recommend continued employment, extension of the trial, or termination. During this time you will be trained while working and being paid bi-weekly at the rate of $850 per week.

Next Step: In order to proceed please submit your cell and landline (if applicable) phone numbers by replying to this email.

Thomas Geller