David's Bridal / Wrong size!

1 white hall, PA, United States Review updated:

My entire wedding day could have been ruined! I went to Davids Bridal last May to pick out my dress. I actually had a pretty good time doing so. I found the perfect dress, and best of all, it FIT perfect too! I was so excited that i did not need to spend extra money on alterations. The only problem with the dress is that there was a black string under the fabric , but my consultant said that she was taking the dress back to the seamstress to remove it. She came out in about 5 mins, and said it was removed. The dress was bagged up and i sent it home with my maid of honor. (I live with my finance, so i didn't want it at my house.) It is now Jan 2008. I was visiting my maid of honor, and she asked if i wanted to see my dress. I said sure, so then i tried it on. I COULDN'T EVEN GET IT ZIPPED!!! There was NO way i gained that much weight in 8 months! I looked at the ticket, thinking... they couldn't have! But i was devastated to see that i had a completely different size then i tried on! What if it was my wedding day!!! Ok, so mistakes happen, i realize that, but instead of getting that little piece of string out of the dress, they just gave me a different dress, WITHOUT TELLING ME!!! AND GRABBED THE WRONG SIZE! We called immediately, but they said the manager was to busy for us, took our #, and said they would call the next day. But guess what? NO CALL. So the day after that i put in a call, and finally got through. The lady (who stated that she traveled for corporate) made me feel like it was my fault by saying, "well maam, the size in on your receipt". WHY WOULD I THINK TO LOOK AT THE SIZE ON THE RECEIPT WHEN I THOUGHT I WAS BUYING THE DRESS I HAD ON MY BODY!!! Not to mention, this store is a hike for me (2hrs). With gas costing 3.15 a gallon, it is gonna cost me another $30-$40 just to go pick it up. This is ridiculous. They should have offered to compensate for that. I wanted to complain to corporate, but they said there isn't a phone #. OK.What happened to customer service? They made a mistake, but pretty much blamed me for it. If i hadn't already had my brides maid gowns made to match, i would have demanded a refund. I have already told everyone i know about the lack of service i got from these people. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS STORE TO MY WORST ENEMY.

Ho

Comments

• Br
      15th of Apr, 2008

So why didn't you check the garment out before you left the store. Mix ups do happen. I am sure that it was not done on purpose. There are alot of wedding gowns in the stores as well as in the Alterations room. And yes, it could have happened.

You should have inspected to make sure that the thread was gone and checked the size on the tag to make sure.

Don't blame them for your incompetence and yes you could have gained that much weight in 8 months. Seen it happen.

• Kr
      14th of May, 2008

i lost wieght not gained! i just had a c-section the lady didnt want to tie the dress 4 me!

11th of Jun, 2008

So what did you do! I'm dealing with the same sort of problem. They ordered the wrong style of dress for me, and being in the wedding party everyone else has the right dress. when i called the store the manager basically said it was my fault, and could not offer me any sort of compensation for THERE mistake. I am so upset, and appaled at what they think they can get away with that im not only calling there customer service number (which prob. wont help) and getting a lawyer. I am so disgusted

• Ev
      21st of Sep, 2008

I went to Davids Bridal in Torrance California looking for formal dress for my daughters 15 party I couldnt even get some help I asked for dress with sleeves look over there nobody came to help when I asked I guess I was the wrong ethnicity don"t they know we have money to spend...