David's Bridal - Wedding Gown / Horrifying Services

1 11870 Pines BlvdPembroke Pines, FL, United States Review updated:

I went to David's Bridal to choose my wedding gown, after trying on several dresses I finally found the ONE. I ordered my dress in April thinking that I would have more than enough time to receive it, and get the alterations done in time. When I was told that my dress was at the store late May, I went to try it on only to find out it was four sizes bigger.

The sales consultant apologise and told me that she would call the headquarters and get my dress delivered in a rush. I waited about a month and half, when I finally decided to call and find out if my dress had arrived. I was told that they couldn't find it in the system and it seemed like my dress was never reorder. I went to the store to clear things out, when I was told that the sales person had forgotten to reorder my dress in the correct size, I lost it.

The sales consultant was not being helpful and acted like she didn't care. Being a bride and thinking that my dress wouldn't make it to the store in time only made me freak out. The assistant manager told me to relax, cauase I had more than enough time to receive my dress. After waiting another month my dress finally arrived. I went to try it on, and the seamstress told me that it was better if I tried it on with the shoes and undergarments that I would use for my wedding day. I told her that I would return with my items and gave the dress back to my sales consultant. (BIG MISTAKE).

When I returned to retry my dress, I found out that it was missing. No one knew where it was. You could imagine how I was feeling, how angry I was, and how disapointed I felt. To top it off, I was told that my sales consultant had probably put it on the racks where the regular demo dresses where. I was livid. I could not believe what was going on. I was told to relax and calm down. That they would reorder it and get shipped the next day.
The lack of customer service and disorder this store has is incredible. During my whole experience with this disaster I had 3 different consultants, that didn't have a clue of where the last one left off. I finally received my dress and is now sitting in alterations, I can only imagine what would go wrong next.

If I would of known the type of services I would receive at David's Bridal, I would of never gone there.

Comments

• Un
      15th of Aug, 2008

I, too, got my wedding dress from David's Bridal and I do understand you anger. They can be very unprofessional there, it's true. It is an affordable wedding dress shop - - but, the main problem is that they hire people that do not know what they are doing.

The staff usually seems overwhelmed and frustrated, themselves... I think, at some point, they just give up, themselves. Almost like, they are on system overload!!

I can truly understand your frustration...here is my advice, from one newly married to a bride-to-be...

I, too, had problems with David's Bridal...very similar to what everyone else is saying...here's how I fixed it. Keep all receipts and names of who you are dealing with . Do NOTHING over the phone. Only do business in person and each time ask that persons name. They will notice this and be much more apt. to follow up on their work!

If you have any further problems, only deal with the manager. This is what I did...and, I only asked for her. It made a very, very big difference. A lot of the people they hire just seem lost...

I have to say, that the ladies in the DB that I went to ( upstate NY) were extremely professional...make sure you only go by appt. or you will be further disappointed. I think their dept. gets the most bogged down. But, the ladies that I worked with did everything they could to help.

Not to scare you, but my dress was not altered perfectly...they cut a little too much away from the sides...but, they fixed their mistake...

Allow enough time for mistakes...and, when you book your appt. for alterations, make sure to book a second appt. for a follow up!! I did this and THANK GOD!! It gave us plenty of time to fix them without a rush fee.

Also, stand your ground...don't let them push you around...ask for the manager and stay calm.

I hope things go better from here for you!! I know how frustrating it all can be...

Good luck to, bride-to-be!!

From: My Thoughts

• Un
      15th of Aug, 2008

Sorry, meant to say that the ladies in Alterations were very professional - - just wanted to clarify!

Good luck to, bride-to-be!!

From: My Thoughts