David's Bridal / All sales final and Employee(s)

1 3300 Cerrillos RoadSanta Fe, NM, United States Review updated:
Phone: 474-3139

Wedding Gown/David's Bridal

I myself have had the worst experiences with this "All sales are final" policy place. I purchased about $1400 worth of stuff on my own not including my wedding party! Turns out me and the groom didn’t make it, so the wedding was off! Our event was set for September 6th 2008. I was not aware once you walk out that door that all sales are final, but if you have the merchandise in the store or if it hasn’t been ordered you get all your money back. IF you do happen to walk out with it you can only take it back and exchange it, what in the world do they have for me in that dollar amount? Hello! Besides that I was able for 2 of my girls from the wedding party to recover their money as for the other 2 women I took a loss on my behalf $200 and my ex the same for 2 of his on his side of the party. Not only that to top it off recently I was in a local restaurant with some friends having dinner, and I happened to notice an employee by the name of Alex, there. He you can tell was talking about me because the entire group he was with turned to look at me! Once half of his group at the table left he took it amongst himself to sit next to us! Disclosing my personal and hurtful experience to me in front of my friend stating that is policy that I can just sell it on eBay blahblah, I was so embarrassed and infuriated about that sensitive subject. I even left crying from the restaurant. I filed a complaint to a Robin Starner; she claims it will take 24hrs to investigate. Per the Attorney Gen. Here in SFNM, he says to file a harassment complaint against that individual. I feel also for that its invasion of the Privacy Act and should be reimbursed for all my money having to endure that non-sense with this lousy place to do business! I just want my money and to be on my merry way and move on from this horrifying experience of unprofessional business ethic!

Ni

Comments

• Ni
      12th of Sep, 2008

Well, first of all when anybody purchases anything from DB, they have to sign the receipt stating that they know all sales are final. Also, some poeple will say that the wedding is off, however they are just trying to return their dress after the wedding so you should see it from both sides.

26th of Sep, 2008

I have to say I am pretty disgusted that anyone would approach you for any reason positive or negative outside of the store! However, it will be your word against his and as far as a lawsuit? That seems a little much, and since David's doesn't make their employees sign any kind of "HIPPA" (I know that's for health, but just ex!) really, there isn't much for the "privacy act." And you did have to sign your reciept that is a legal document stating the no refund policy, so pretty much, it sucks but Davids is a huge corporation that makes sure they have all the "t's crossed" and "i's dotted" so there isn't a whole lot to do but consider it a lesson learned and good luck selling your stuff on Ebay!

21st of Jul, 2009

First of all, it says "All Sales Are Final" on your receipt. And you have to sign it acknowledging it.

and it's not their fault that your wedding was called off. For all they know, you had the wedding early and wore the gown and want to return it.

As for the employee supposedly harassing you, yeah right. Approaching you in a restaurant is NOT harassment.