David's Bridal / Bride's/Bridesmaid dresses

1 3300 Cerrillos RoadSanta Fe, NM, United States Review updated:
Phone: 505-474-3139

Our youngest daughter is getting married in two weeks. The bridesmaids live in New Mexico, Florida, Kentucky and Michigan. Our middle daughter is standing as Matron of Honor and lives six hours from the David's Bridal in Santa Fe. It was because of my encouragement that we decided to use David's Bridal but I deeply regret that decision now. All of the bridesmaids have experienced problems with David's Bridal. When our middle daughter drove up to be fitted, we were told that they could not fit her without an appointment, even though they told her in January (when she purchased her dress) to drop in anytime in June (since she was pregnant and due with her first child in May) and they would fit her. We started planning this wedding over a year ago and yet we are running into such problems. Our youngest daughter (the bride) has been told they could not alter her dress without an appointment and they are far too busy to do the alterations. Basically she is going to be left with us having to perform the alterations a few days before the wedding as she lives in Nashville, TN and the wedding is in Chicago. I looked for a place to complain about David's Bridal but found no such site on their website! I am extremely angry about this!! DO NOT USE DAVID'S BRIDAL!! I wish I could tell every bride, bridal party member, and anyone else who would listen!!

Dr

Comments

23rd of Apr, 2009

You're an idiot. You have the option of taking your dress elsewhere to be altered, of course they're going to be backed up.Of course you need an appt for alterations! What, do you think that you were the only customer who needed alterations?

24th of Apr, 2009

Yes, she could have taken the dress elsewhere and perhaps could have timed the alterations earlier, but you're an idiot for calling her an idiot! If you have a business that offers certain services, then at least be able to work with your customers to provide that service! Or why bother?

David's Bridal is also stupid for having a no return, no exchange policy in their stores, and instead of having the courtesy to tell their customers that all sales are final, they expect you to read the fine print at the register. Way to do business David's Bridal!

24th of Apr, 2009

Would you like to wear a used wedding dress? It's a specialty store, I doubt small wedding boutique stores offer returns on their items. These are specialty items. I know I wouldn't have wanted to wear a worn BM dress for my cousin's wedding. And they do make exceptions. If you sweetly talk to the manager, they can make an exception.

Think of it this way: if alterations kept saying "yes" to rushing their services, they'd be so backed up. There's only a couple of women who work in that department (five, tops), and not all of them work every day. So if they have hundreds of dresses to be altered in a very short amount of time, they're going to do sloppy alterations and screw up someone's dress and further make it worse.

I've been to a lot of weddings, and people need to realize that they need to take care of this stuff way in advance, for reasons above. I used to work at a David's Bridal in college, and this one bridesmaid neglected to order her dress on time, so of course it was our fault. You have no idea what we got blamed for. People buying their dresses at the last minute (and that means that they can't order them because they'll take too long to get there), and expecting alterations to do them that day. What they don't realize is that at the peak of the wedding season, alterations can have literally hundreds of orders to complete.

Basically, most of the time it's the customer's fault for not taking care of their bridesmaid dresses and wedding gowns far in advance.

• Mi
      24th of Apr, 2009

Well, your fault for waiting, or David's Bridals for just not having the man power... it's stinks either way, but look at the bright side if this is your biggest problem is having to wait till the last minute for DB to do you alterations, but they are still getting done, you're doing well. One of my brides maids split her dress the day before my wedding, I went to the Wedding boutique where we got the dreses from and they no longer had her side all were about 4x too big for her, with no time for alterations, I had to get all of the girls together to go out shopping for dresses A) I liked, B) That fit everyone without alterations, C) That were the right shade of Red. After 10 hrs of searching we ended up at Davids Bridal luckily there are two in my area, but found exactly what we were looking for.

** As for their no return/exchange policy, I don't like it either because I changed my mind about my Military Ball dress after I tried it on at home, but I understand why they do it and I knew about it because they make you sign a receipt stating that you understand that all sales are final.**

• Hr
      13th of Sep, 2009

You forgot to mention how they rip you off with ther price of the alterations. Even if you buy the most expensive gown in the store alterations are never complimentery. Expect to pay about 200 to 300 more on top of the cost of your dress. Most upscale stores for men, women or brides offer complimentery alternations when expensive gowns, suits, or dresses are purchased. But when you are dealing with the Walmart version of a bridal store that is not the case.

15th of Feb, 2011

Except David's Bridal isn't upscale. And it's corporately owned. Hence, alterations fees.