David's Bridal / Horrible service

1 Rockford, IL, United States Review updated:
Phone: 708-923-1121

This was awful!! At first, I thought, "Hmm... David's Bridal has these nice fliers with nice pictures!" Once at the store, NO ONE HELPED ME, and the dressing rooms, for some reason, looked and smelled like a filthy Texaco latrine! Any way, I am five feet, six inches tall, and my friend, who was with me, stands at a mere five feet. After the woman who was supposed to "help" me disappeared to talk on her cell phone, my short little friend had to help me into these billowing wedding dresses! AND THESE DRESSES ARE CRAP! Made of - I can't even explain. So cheaply made, the details are horrendous. It looked and felt like a the kids at the local high school made these dresses in their home economics class. And I am NOT exaggerating. How can they charge $500 - $1800 for such poorly-crafted crap? After trying on about three dresses and feeling completely disgusted, my friend and I high-tailed it out of there, with some of the employees looking completely baffled as to why we were making such a dramatic exit. The next day, I called the store and complained about the ### service. They asked me if I wanted to reschedule or if I wanted a "coupon" and I said no way. Why hasn't this store gone out of business yet?

I finally got my dress at Brides by Demetrios, and my brides-maids' dresses are all from Bill Levkoff. IF you're looking for excellent quality and gorgeous dresses, check out these vendors, and you won't be disappointed.

Li

Comments

• Re
      28th of Aug, 2008

I originally went to Davids Bridal for a fitting, because I was ordering on of their online dresses. I noticed that the girl who was doing my measurements did them completely the wrong way. I went elsewhere, and got the correct measurements. If I had followed the sizes she had given me I would have ended up with a dress 2 sizes too big!!!
    I recieved the dress, and the dress was wonderful, I love it, however it was too large around the bust. It is a strapless dress, style BR1000.
    I went in for my alterations appointment, I figured as long as I didn't get the same girl that measured me it couldn't be that bad, right?
    WRONG!
    Reyna, the alterations manager, was the person who was supposed to do alterations on my dress. I put it on, and explained that the bust was too big and needed to be taken in, and she repeatedly argued with me that I didn't want it taken in, what I wanted was a bra with more lift.
    She said "I see you, you keep pulling the dress up there." to which I explained "Yes, because it is too big and keep falling down!"
    She had me try on another bra, and still said that what I wanted was lift, and told me she would take the dress in because it wouldn't give me the lift I wanted!!!
    I left, and took my dress to Bridals by Carol in Northampton - and the wonderful lady there had me try it on, and right away knew what I was tlaking about. She walked in and said "Oh, all you need is for the bust to be taken in 2 inches." AND she was by far cheaper than Davids Bridal!
    Skip Davids Bridal, they are just too much of a headache!

• Ov
      12th of Aug, 2010

Absolutely horrible service. The David's Bridal [censor]es are nothing but jealoous employees who with they were buying a wedding gown.

They were rude the first time, gave them another chance, but the rudeness continued. This is the Blasdell, NY store--unbelievable!