David's Bridal - Manchester, Ct / Wedding Gown / Terrible experience!

To whom this may concern:

Good afternoon! I ordered a dress from David's Bridal in Manchester back in May of this year and I would think of myself as a very patient person. I did realize that during prom season it is a busy time of the year, so I took that into consideration. I came there for an appointment and was seen about 45 minutes later, which I was very relaxed and excused the fact that I had to wait. I thought the employee Monica was a very attentive and hardworking employee. Although, I found I (Lisa) - I think this is her name to be very rude and demanding to Monica. She talked down to her and embarrassed her in front of me and two other women. I then proceeded to order a dress and was told due to the size that I would have to come back because they had to order it, which again was fine. I was told in July that my dress was in and that I can come in whenever I would like to pick it up, but when I tried on the dress I lost weight and needed another size, so again it was shipped out. I was told the dress should be in towards the end of July, which I contacted them on Saturday the 4th of August and the lady (Lisa) I think, told me it was in. I came to the store with my girlfriend to pick up my dress on the 8th of August and was asked who called me and I said, "I called on the 4th and was told the dress was in" and she said it had just come in today, so at this point I am not to happy because if I was to come in any of the days prior my dress would not have been there. Again I shook it off and she got the dress and I proceeded to Lillian to have her contact someone so I can see how it looks and fits. I would have to say Lillian did what she could to contact someone to help with absolutely no success and proceeded to bring me to a dressing room. Lillian I would like to stress did what she could, although she was dealing with those in the front of the store and she if anything deserves to be told that.

I found the manager Kim to be very rude and instead of listening wanted to put blame on Lillian, who did nothing but help me. Kim is the manager and if anything the front check out desk needs help on there customer service as well as those on the floor. I do not like to put blame where blame is not due. I think Kim needs to listen to the customer, instead of pointing a finger.

Anna Cole

N  30th of Apr, 2012 by
Description of Complaint: On Feb 6, 2012, I bought and paid for a wedding veil and dress. The veil was put "on order, " with a PROMISED DELIVERY DATE of April 20, 2012. I went IN-PERSON to David's Bridal twice in March and both times was assured that "your veil isn't due until 4/20/2012 and it will be here on-time." Today is 4/30/12 and the veil is still not in from the "factory", per Liz, Manchester CT store manager. Now ten days late and within two weeks of my WEDDING and it isn't here. I was told to call back after 48 hours, that nothing but an email could be sent to headquarters requesting some kind of "stat feedback." This is in no way satisfactory nor will I be told to keep calling back because they have "48 hours to answer and that's the ONLY thing that can be done. We can only send an email and wait." I even requested that they FEDEX a veil from the factory immediately, and the same manager said that it could not be done.
The lack of customer service and managerial empowerment is reprehensible. I wish this has occurred BEFORE me and my bridal party and groomsmen spent a combined TOTAL of $7000.00!!! I would have chosen a company that could stand behind their advertising and written word.