David McDavid of Irving,TX / Bought a Lemmon

1 Irving, TX, United States Review updated:

bought a used 1998 Toyota Camry from this company, using a credit card, and when I got the car home it was pouring oil. I immediately took it back and told them I did not want the car because it appeared to have a major problem. The sales person, Veronica Engle, told me that in the state of Texas a cash deal was final and the deal could not be undone, but that David McDavid would fix the problem. Being new to the state I foolishly took her word for it. Veronica called me the next day and told me that it would cost me another $1500 to install new tires & brakes (needed to pass inspection) and replace the power-steering pump. I asked about the oil leak and she told me that the mechanics told her the leak was the power steering pump. I haggled with her and finally paid $800 for those services. After a week I called and asked why they were not finished with the car, and Veronica told me it was because they were waiting on some special power-steering fluid that a Toyota requires. After a total of two weeks Veronica finally called and told me the car finished and ready to pick up. I did not leak any fluids for about two weeks and then it started leaking small amounts of either oil or power-steering fluid. It got worse lately so I took it into the City Garage in Euless. They are telling me that it is the oil pump, not the power-steering pump. They are fixing it for approximately $2000. Being new to the area I did not know who to trust to check the car out for me. After a few months, I know exactly who not to trust! David McDavid of Irving is a den full of thieves and liars. I've bought several cars in the past from various dealers, but this is the first time I have been conned. I actually feel like a victim of a crime.

Comments

• Br
      22nd of Jun, 2010

ok, heres my story from David McDavid of Irving:

Took in a Mitsubushi Lancer 2002 for trade, they gave me $2000.00 for trade, i walked around i was orginally there for a Scion i saw they had listed. I knew my credit was bad but was told the only car i could get financed for or able to drive off the lot was a 04 honda cvr that they had just had on the lot a few hours. They gave me a rental for a week due to the seatbelts in back were not working. i was also told there was just a dent the side that could be popped out. I tried to trade my car in and try to sale it to third party and found out the car has been hit from behind, has been in a wreck in front end and the side at the drivers side doors. Total when i signed the contact it was with interest $22, 000 the car is worth $6, 000. i was royally screwed. i tried going back and speaking with manager and was told to come up with a $2000 down payment that there was nothing that could be done. was told they were under new managment and the salesman and manager no longer is employeed. When i tried to go to Kia, a salesman told me to get gap insurance and to torch my car. nice right telling me to commit to fraud. this whole car situation with David McDavid was the worst experience iv ever had and in my opinion i would never use them again!