Dave Antestenis, Choice loan consulting, American Debt SettlementLoan Modification Scam

1 Review updated:

I was solicited by this company! I am a Florida resident and I am current on my high interest mortgage. I received a pre-recorded message from this company and I am on the do not call list.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Tempe, AZI pressed 1 for curiosity and a smooth talking salesperson tried to persuade me to stop paying my mortgage and that would enable him to get me a 2-5% interest rate on my loan. He than told me I would be charged 3, 000 dollars for this service but since I would not be making a mortgage payment in approx. 3 months it was a bargain. I have been in the mortgage business for 10 years so fortunately I was not fooled by this elaborate scam. All homeowners beware of such profiteers.

Comments

• Mr
      Aug 16, 2009

Wow…You seem to be a bit upset about a service you never even checked out…
    This firm has a no complaint record with the BBB and has even stopped taking new clients till it can make sure that everyone of it current clients get their deal done.

Hey we all hate phone call we don’t expect but come on now …you have no facts to back up your point. Why not check the BBB and see how wrong you are and then rejoin your no call list
    Be Well

• 08
      Aug 19, 2009

Well, if they were to check out the BBB rating for this company, it is not favorable at all! I shall agree though that to go so far to call it a "scam" is indeed unfair. Now, perhaps the individual selling her the service was perhaps not doing it in an ethical way that coincides with the 'companies' standards but unfortunately in that business most of the sales people are all 1099/independent sale people and will at time do and say whatever they need to, to make a buck. They make it difficult for those of use that do follow the rules and conduct our business in an ethical 'do unto others...' manner.

• Jr
      Sep 02, 2009

I have sent my information and made a payment to your Choice and was charged on April 2009 and until this day my mortgage company says that they have not heard from Choice.
    They have took it upon themselves to offer me a re-modification with no fee. I called for months with no call backs from Choice I have been given a runaround by Choice.
    I finally called customer service and was sent a refund request form and told that the only way to contact the refund department was by email.
    Which I have done as well as faxed in the refund request sheet.
    I have not gotten any acknowledgment and we are going on a week.

• Yo
      Sep 12, 2009

I worked at this company and observed outrageous behavior, drugs, prostitutes, lies and all sorts of curruption. Check the [redacted] these guys are low lifes stealing from everyone and slandering venders. I quit the company and started using marketing service from NFCN and everthing Dave Antestenis is posting is a lie. I am told he is under investigation and the AG is going to shut his modification scam down.

• Ih
      Sep 17, 2009

I am a former employee of Choice and I will tell you that if you have a file with this company that I strongly recommend getting a refund. They are going bankrupt and fast. The phone solicitation came from a Philippine call center they setup. This company was great when it started but they fallen into the arms of greed and lies. They lie to the employees. They have had to take out LOANS TO PAY THEIR OWN EMPLOYEES.

STAY FAR AWAY FROM CHOICE LOAN CONSULTING AND ITS ENTITY CHOICE NATIONAL.

JEFF HARPER, JEFF SETLOW, DARREL NEFF, DAVE LUND, AND KARL WEBSTER ARE ALL CROOKS AND GREEDY THIEVES.

• Id
      Sep 22, 2009

I signed up with this company in December 2008. My loan company never heard from them until at least April or May. I was required to keep sending in financials monthly though. I finally received a rejection from my bank which should entitle me to their refund. I requested the refund over one month ago. I got an email the next day saying the refund was being processed. I still have no money in hand.

• Ga
      Oct 12, 2009

These guys are low-life ###-suckers. They've robbed many people of their money including myself and other family and friends.

• Ga
      Oct 12, 2009

How about a class action law-suite against these guys?

• Jk
      Oct 13, 2009

Early this week (50 days later) I finally get acknowledgment that they changed ownership yet again and it will take 8 weeks to review a file for services that they charged for and did not provide. I have registed a complaint with Arizona's Attorney General as well as I am pursuing a class action lawsuit. This is truly looking like a SCAM. Stay as far away from doing business with this company. It has gotten to the point to where you cannot even get to their customer support it goes straight to voicemail.

• Da
      Oct 13, 2009

Yes- How about a class action Lawsuit!!!
    It has been 7 months for us. They put us through to voicemail, dont respond to certified letters.
    I also have registered a complaint with Attorney General.
    W.T.F.??
    Why are they still in business??

• Gi
      Oct 15, 2009

class action lawsuit sound like a good idea and put them in jail. They have stolen money from so many people including myself. They will get theirs. We have filed a report the the Arizona State Attorney General Office and now we are going to the FTC.

• Li
      Oct 21, 2009

We have had a similar experience with Choice National Loan Consulting. We are in the process of requesting a refund. Please continue to share information regarding this company and class action lawsuit.

Oct 29, 2009

We've also been scammed by Choice. What is involved in filing a class action lawsuit? Does anyone like the idea of setting up a forum for those of us who wish to discuss the idea of a law suit further?

• Ta
      Nov 05, 2009

Something changed in late September at this company and customer service is now non-existent.
    It has been 12 weeks since I requested my refund and I have had two letters from legal department saying they are looking into my request. JORDON RUZICKA the CEO is a waist of time he says he will help but then never returns emails or calls and I am one of their loan consultants!!
    Remember a guarantee is only good as the company who offers it. If they go out of business there goes your money! They seemed solid earlier this year and were getting loan modification through. Sadly banks are overwhelmed with loan modification requests and Choice can only do so much. But not retuning calls or emails is no way to run a business when the client has paid 3500.00 and is trying to protect their homes.
    How do the Choice Corporate folks sleep at night knowing they put the loan consultants in an awful position in their communities and left them with no support or answers! They are still training new loan consultants while they are not talking to the ones they have had working for them all year! We must assume if they are not communicating with their present clients and loan consultants that something is terribly wrong.
    If you are having a problem with Choice file a complaint with the Attorney Generals Office so we can get them shut down before they hurt more families!

• Po
      Nov 06, 2009

I had checked into this company fairly thoroughly before signing up with them in March. At that time they had zero complaints and a B+ rating with the BBB. By June I was tired of not getting any results and submitted a refund request. As of right now, November 6th, I have not yet gotten a refund, only one reply which was full of excuses. I filed a complaint with the BBB which was closed due to the company not responding. They now have 35 complaints and an F rating with the BBB... 23 complaints of which were refund request! I am currently looking into filing a class action lawsuit, but am trying to make sure that one isn't already in the process. I would definately warn anybody out there to STAY AWAY from these guys! I am out $3500! Don't be next.

• Fr
      Dec 11, 2009

Class action suit? I'm on board. I too was a victim of these unethical business people. After 9 month of no contact with them. I canceled and sold my home (short sale) just to avoid foreclosure. My home was scheduled for auction in 28 days. Now, I get a letter stating I was impatient and no refund. 9 months of darkness and I was impatient? They confuse impatients with frustration.
    I hear that the negotiators they employ are not attourneys and are practicing law. Any one know for sure?

• Br
      Dec 15, 2009

I too have been a victim to choice. I seriously spend all day just trying to get through to someone on the phone. I paid choice a big chunk of money back in May and NOTHING has been done. I called my loan company and they said there was no contact from choice. I have filed a complaint with the arizona attorney general and my credit card company. There is a blog started for people who feel like they have been taken by choice
    choicenationalloanconsulting.blogspot.com. Check it out

• Mo
      Dec 18, 2009

You are all spot on. I happened to be a Sales Consultant for this company. The go-between. I haven't slept at night because I sold this ideal to my family and friends that were truly hurting. CHOICE LOAN CONSULTING is basically robbing Peter to Pay Paul. As Consultants for this company we worked hard to keep our clients in the loop as to what was happening with a clients file as best as possible. Red Flags started flying fairly soon when I was getting lies to reply to my clients. The Negotiators inside Choice do not have the experience to even talk to a bank about something as important as a client about ready to lose their home. I would like to say how very sorry I am, I entrusted the infrastructure of Choice, as they were I thought to be my friends. Greed. Its stems from the very principles that we are not suppose to be about. Its about choosing money over longtime friendship. My very close friend was a pivotal player in this. I don't believe it was of his own fault. I believe that he was being told lies to try to keep the company together. You know who you are.. I will alway respect you and am sorry you got caught up in this and am sorry I was dissed for this. A company with no ethics at all.

• 23
      Dec 28, 2009

With inside information on Choice I have discovered this last week that Choice is under FBI investigation and that several arrests have been made. While I still think that the company started with good intentions, floods of money coming in from up-front fees turned the company into a scam. I walked through their office, had family working there, and even referred good friends to the company. This has been a horrible example of poor management that has turned a successful company that had great potential into a crooked villain.

Please bear in mind that the people(usually real-estate agents) selling these loan modifications for Choice are just as pissed off as the customers- as they have now tarnished their careers and often destroyed years of trust relationships- because they referred Choice. The Agents did everything they could to bail out this sinking ship- but management was determined to auger this one into it's grave.

• Ge
      Dec 29, 2009

If you want to join in on the Choice Loan Fraud group (a yahoo group) email [protected]@cox.net. There are around 30 of us who have joined so far, and I know there are a lot more out there who have been scammed by choice. If you haven't already, please file your complaints with the following:

Attorney General
    azag.gov/consumer/ complaintform. html

Federal Trade Comission
    ftccomplaintassista nt.gov/

BBB
    odr.bbb.org/ odrweb/public/ getstarted. aspx

Peter O'Dowd Story
    kjzz.org/news/ arizona/archives /200906/ponzi
    (Peter O'Dowd with Kjzz has been following this company the past few months)

• Se
      Jan 05, 2010

Posted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:24 am Post subject: Choice Loan Consulting Scam

I personally worked with Choice Loan consulting/Choice National both as an internal project manager and an outside financial firm offering solutions to distressed homeowners. When they first were in business they operated under Opulence Financial Group. When business started getting really good for Jeff Harper he formed a partnership totaling 5 members. They named the business Choice Loan Consulting later revising the business name to be Choice National. At first the Banks were working with us, we were getting fantastic results for distressed homeowners. The business grew at a rapid pase as the results got out. Home owners were practically knocking down our doors for the same kind of help. In January the tip of the iceburg was not quite showing as Obama came into office and the files were flutering in. By March we knew we had a problem and we all worked dilligently to fix it. The Partners did not all agree on a solution. By June choice was struggling to pay out commissions as they were using it for payroll since they had run out of money. Bank accounts got frozen, Jeff Harper had been in court hidden from all of us for months for fraudulant business in the past. Radio spots began to target Choice as a ponzi and as a scam.
    At this point I pulled out completely, I imediately contacted my clients to inform them on the problems and began working on solutions. Choice continued to take in files by agents that I had started that refused to stop. It was a catch 22 situation. The big decision that I had to make took me nearly a month to make. Do you stop turning in revenue when revenue could fix the problem? Or, do you continue and hope and pray that it would all work out at the end. I have worked in the industry for several years and have personally been in Nevada working with my father's business when the economy turned and worked side by side as he drained every penny only at the end closing the doors and taking massive losses. Only this time with Choice, taking a loss not on Boats and cars, but on peoples homes. I played a very huge role in the bulk of the income that Choice made each month as I had 270 agents working under my direction. This decision was made after much duress. Marketing plans, projections, ways to save the business were all proposed and Choice refused to listen. After much agony I pulled out for good only to get slapped with a threat for a 1.5million dollar law suit for pulling out. The partners were allready planning to shut it down and they are wanting to sue me after all the solutions I offered and they turned down? That was only another confirmation of the decision I made.

My partner and I started monitering our files helping our clients dilligently through the summer to save there homes without any payment. Our families have suffered, we have sold much of our precious belongings to continue to survive, we have given vehicles back to the banks and sacrificed all that we had to help our friends and clients.

In the meantime Choice continued to take in files only for the money. Massive ammounts of employees were sacrificing just as we did in hopes that they would get paid and it would all work out. Eventually we caught word that Choice had been sending money overseas, money that should have gone to payroll. They have stollen over $70, 000 or personal money owed to me, and I'm certain much more then that is owed to other people in my situation.

I am so happy that as of Dedember 22nd Choice is now officially shut there doors. Now we just need to work togther to give these poor homeowners other solutions so that they don't get forced out of there homes.

My company, GIP Financial has been working dilligently on options for homeowners. We have many solutions and would be happy to help. Please feel free to call [protected]. When I endorsed Choice they had terrific results, ethically I would work 16-20 hours per day helping people, training agents, saving homes. When I now longer felt that confidence I let my clients no that and we found new solutions. Let us all work dilligently together to help the rest of these people. Don't stand still, be proactive as we have. We know how to work with the banks, we have other alternatives. Choice will recieve Justice bothe by law and by God, let the legal system do what it can for now and let us help each other out of this mess. Chances of getting refunds is nearly impossible, so let's move forward. Some of our clients have gone months without making a single payment, the $3500 you paid has saved you thousands more. Now let's just finsh the job. This will take a lot of hard work, no doubt, but let's work together!!!

Seth Grasteit
    President
    GIP Financial aka Seth GIP LLC
    [protected]
    [protected]@gipfinancial.com

• It
      Oct 28, 2015

I'm checking into all principals f this company s they are buy in a new scam... I would appreciate input @ [protected]@hotmail.com