Davco Productions / Rip off

1531 Genessee AveOklahoma City, OK, United States Review updated:
Phone: 514-661-2848
Yes, I got the letter that said I had been selected because of my jobseach with Consumer Survey Specialist and that I will participate in a paid Consumer Research Program. Well I use to work for a consumer survey research organization, and boy did we have to qualify people and make sure the money got into their hands at the end of the survey, but never at the beginning. That where I stopped. Why would someone want to give me that kind of money.

Then I started really looking a the letter. The misspelled words, the addresses from two different places, the phone number from two different areas, the back actually looked copied, but good. I said if I put the check in the bank, would they really not see this or see it too late and I would be out of my money. The check would go out, but it would return as a bad check and the money I would have sent to Moneygram, would need to be paid back. I just knew not to touch it and went straight to the internet to get info on this scam. It was very well thought out, but not perfect. What will they think of next.
Sh

Comments

Je
  15th of Dec, 2008
Yeah, I got the same letter as well. You can see my report at /link removed/
Rr
  4th of Mar, 2009
I know it has been a while but did anyone contact Davco? My wife received the same letter and after considered the possibility of it being a scam I did some research and found the contact information for Davco. I called them up and the lady on the phone advised me they were aware of the scam and had their local sheriffs office contact me who in turn had me take the letter and check to my local police department for exclusion finger prints, etc. Just curious if anyone took this any further.
Dt
  27th of May, 2009
I knew it was a scam from the very beginning. Who mails out money like that to people all over the U.S. ? Only people who know that it is not money. Only an idiot would trust someone to cash in that kind of money keep $400.00 and the $40.00 purchase and send the remainder to them? If this company already has $4, 000 and some dollars to give away to a complete stranger not knowing who they are, and what they will or will not do with the check (like, possibly keeping it all for themselves? Duh??? Then they really have alot of money to take chances with and throw away. And if you have money to throw away what is the purpose? Like they really care about Walmart and Moneygram. Well...they are concern about Moneygram and your bank to get the money cash and sending it to them. Whoever they are. They sent me a check last month, I threw it away. They sent another check today, this one has a bank name that it is supposedly is drawn on this time, the last one did not have one. This check has part of my mailing address on it mispelled and the wording in the letter is a little different. The first check said to send money to 2 different people. This one says to send it to someone in Human Resources, all of it excluding the training ($400.00) which would be mine. This one will be trashed as well.