Daubeneys Ltd / Poor customer service

I arranged for this company to take a look at a problem with my broadband system, when i initially phoned to report the problem i was informed that the problem was my drivers and it would take approximately 1 hour to fix. The going rate was 㿔 per hour, i agreed to this and a representative came out on the following tuesday to take a look.

The problem was not resolved and the representative did not mention that he was coming back and we did not require him too as 㿔 was above our price limit.

I work away with the army, and during my time away the representative returned to my house without anybody agreeing for him to carry out any more work on my broadband system.

I informed the representative that we did not require his services anymore due to the fact that BT and AOL were taking a look at the problem now.

Approximately one week later i recieved a bill for 𧵅.00, the invoice says that 㿔 is for a call out charge, that the company forgot to mention on the initial phone call, and 㿼 was for visits to the house, when i only arranged for one visit, his VAT was 㿁

I contacted Trading standards and they informed me to send a cheque for the one visit plus his vat which i did which equaled 㿛.

Now the company is planning to take me to court for the full amount owed plus extra.
I do not see how i am at fault due to the fact that, the company did not mention any call out charge and i only agreed to one visit.

Ta

Comments

• Ia
      10th of Dec, 2011

The incident described took place in 2003 so it is surprising to find it resurrected for blackmail purposes in 2009. And even more surprising to find it surfacing in 2011. The complainant was confused about the service which in fact was exemplary. He was successfully sued for the payment.