dataworx / scam and no response from company

1 South Africa Review updated:

recently i paid R380 to obtain a package which is needed to do online surveys for companies, this money incl.R85 for postage via speed service..this money and application form was paid & fax on the 5/05/2011, parcel was to arrive within 2-3day atferwards..via numerous email to the company, i have obtained no response except for the answer via email that the package has arrived, yet when i go to the post office, nothing is there & the tracking nr is said to be none existant..this people scam unsuspecting and none working poor honest SOUTH AFRICANS..i even emailed their founder/LEON DE WET..to show that all this is a scam, the brochures they sent me only contain fax& email nrs only, no landline nr so u can talk directly to them..they are adertising this scam of theirs via unsuspecting newspapers like the DAILY DISPATCH/HERALD saying they require data entry workers to fill out forms pls sms ur adress and name to [protected]...i was interested in this data work so i could gain more money to substitute my meagre income, that was the main attraction for me...feel free to contact me on [protected]/[protected]..or via mwelase.ndzamela@yahoo.com...thank you:MWELASE NDZAMELA/EASTERN CAPE-SOUTH AFRICA...

Comments

• De
      7th of Jul, 2011

I have paid R380, got the papers needed, BUT the newspapers donot want to accept such adds as they say yoiu have to insert, no work from home, or asking for names and addresses !!! This sound BAD !!

• De
      7th of Jul, 2011

I have paid R380 to hbiz and received the documents BUT newspapers will not accept the type of advert they say you have to insert, namely work form home, extra cash etc etc I am very concerned

• Ca
      15th of Aug, 2011

I saw this add in today's Herald... 15 August 2011. So glad I read this complaint.

• Do
      19th of Dec, 2011

I am so very angry that paid those ### my money already before doing research on the product i have paid those guys R355 and i still waiting for the material they said they gonna send via post. I have the money in on 10 November 2011 and i am still for the package i am so frustrated because i am unemployed and thought i could earn some money to support my kids but got stab in the back.

• Mb
      16th of Jan, 2012

This Dataworx work from home thing is a scam indeed. Sounds too good to be true. I have never heard anyone reporting success from any of these so called data entry jobs. Even an ordinary data capturer don't earn the money that is being promised by these thieves from Dataworx/Homebiz.

• Ra
      26th of Jan, 2012

i also applied but luckly i never sent the money through yet for the package im glad that i found out before the time otherwise i would be in the same situation as you guys is there no way that this company can be sued or something?they need to be punished for what they have done and what they still plan to do

• Sh
      14th of Feb, 2012

I have also applied for the data entry work from home opportunity. I know that many of these work from home adverts are a scam that is why I have done research first on this matter. It definitely is a scam and I am glad that I have not paid any money to them. There should be some way to stop these people from carrying out these type of scams and cheating people from their hard earned money.

• Cj
      18th of Apr, 2012

I am very glad i read your comments before I went ahead. I received the application form in January but always hesitated to pay because it sounded too good to be true. Thats whenn i used yahoo answers to ask and someone led me to this site. I am glad to know that its a scam and you gus just saved me from more heartaches. I am just a sigle mum trying to make it for my kids

• To
      27th of Jul, 2012

i paid money and i got no package my name is sbusiso well i think going to the press will do me good my number is 0735522207

• Le
      9th of Feb, 2013

Hi there. My name is also Leon de Wet so can you please be more specific and give more detail (address or whatever) of this individual you are referring to. I do Internet Marketing and this is extremely harmful when people google my name and find this complaint that has absolutely nothing to do with me (nor many other Leon de Wet's), but they automatically assume it's me. I reside in Duiwelskloof near Tzaneen in the Limpopo Province.

Thank you.

• Im
      7th of May, 2013

This dataworx what-what is just rubbish they are robbing people their money, what is painful is that it attracts most of the people who are not having stable jobs and yet they get robbed their little cash they should be doing important things about it. I am also the victim and I shall not sleep until I have a way of making sure that they face consequences. Thank God I am doing I.T I will work in my power to get something that will stop this.

• Tg
      19th of Jun, 2015

i received an e-mail from this people today and they asked me to Pay R70 for the material, Data wox (Ptd Ltd) is a scam. please don't fall for it. Anyone applying online do not respond to e-mails asking you to fax your document on an 086622 number and before you send please do research, just google from the company name, agency and numbers to be save. Is really sad how this people take advantage.

• Za
      5th of Aug, 2015

I almost fell victim to these crooks.they said I must deposit R 70 for registration for training material.i became suspicious when I saw their account name was Christopher, i mean how can a serious company have Cristopher as an account name.these people need to be found and dealt with harshly because they rob people of their much needed cash.mxm

13th of Aug, 2015

Thank you for posting your comments on here as it has been very helpful to me and will be to many others that could fall victim to such a scam.

I also applied via gumtree to their Ad and received the email today to register and pay R70 for training manual. But I just took the initiative to do some research on the company - Data Worx pty ltd first and ended up on this complaint site.
    How can people be so dishonest and rip innocent people off.
    Surely God will deal with them.

God Bless all of you.