Datatechstore.comFraudulent company

1 Review updated:

I ordered a set of backup tapes from www.datatechstore.com two weeks ago. The company website listed the tapes as in stock. My credit card was charged immediately, and I received the initial order confirmation by email, but haven't heard anything since then. I have sent several emails asking for an update on the status of the order, but received no response. I also submitted a status request through their online form, but did not receive a response from that, either. I finally was able to get one of their employees on the phone ("Chris"), who claimed that the tapes were shipped out last week. When I asked why I hadn't received a shipping confirmation, he had no answer. When I asked him for the shipping confirmation number, he conveniently didn't have it, but said the tapes should arrive today. Datatechstore.com's website states "Our products are in stock and ship almost as soon as you place your order." It also states, "You can trust that your order will be quickly processed and safely delivered" and "We will confirm your order, confirm your shipment, and provide a tracking number with every order." I have found none of these claims to be true. I have told the company to cancel the order twice, but as I haven't received a response to either request I am now disputing the charge with my credit card company. This company has terrible communication, and I will never order from this them again.

Le

More Datatechstore.com Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Vi
      Mar 30, 2009
    Datatechstore.com - Bad service
    Datatechstore.com

I placed an order for a set of backup tapes almost two weeks ago. Datatechstore.com's website listed the items as in stock and ready to ship. My credit card was charged immediately, but I have not received the tapes or even a shipping confirmation. I have emailed the company twice requesting a status of the order, but have received no responses. Calls to their phone number only go to voicemail, and I have not been contacted regarding the messages I have left. I have asked them to cancel the order, but still no response, and the money has not been returned to my credit card. I am now forced to dispute the charge with my credit card company.