Datakits.co.uk / Item never recieved

1 PO Box 849 PortsmouthPortsoumth, United Kingdom Review updated:
Phone: 0870 4111114

I've ordered on 24th Nov 2008 an LG External GSA-E50L lightscribe 8x USB2.0 Bus Powered DVDRW the money was paid and the company named above charged my credit card company the amount of £57.98 until today 14th Jan 2009 I am still waiting for delivery. I sent many many emails and keep getting automated email coming back saying someone will contact me in 48 hours. In two occasions I had a reply back saying the item is out of stock an alternative will be sent to me with price difference refunded this was last month and I am still waiting. I left my conact details on their answer machine again no one bothered coming back to me. I asked for a full refund and I am being ignored.

Na

Comments

14th of Feb, 2009

i have ordered and paid for goods which never received and only a standard useless reply from datakits definitely a company to steer clear off

ed wilson

• Ha
      20th of May, 2009

I also have ordered items from the above and not received the item, they also charged me more than the said amount...any help in getting my item

6th of Jun, 2009

Do not order from Datakits. I ordered goods on 22nd April and have still not received them. I have phoned and emailed several times. They responded once, but I am still waiting for the goods. Their customer service is appalling. I read on moneysaving supermarket.com that they were dissolved in May 2008, but I don't know if this is true - how can they still take money from people if this is the case.

From a customer care point of view and not coming up with the goods, they should be banned from advertising on the web.

• Iv
      10th of Jun, 2009

Buy from Datakits at your peril!
    Ordered a battery for a Blackberry, sent me the wrong model. Many emails/telephone calls later still no response other than standard automated reply.Looking through postings on the net, many problems in doing business with this company.Wish that I had noticed these before I gave my credit card details.
    Ive been had.

• Vd
      6th of Jul, 2009
    Datakits.co.uk - No Service
    England, North Yorkshire
    United Kingdom

I should Have checked on these guys prior to ordering, I have put a dispute on paypal site, the goods turned up a few days later, one did not work, I complained, still no replacement despite sending back the faulty item - no contact, no item.
    Do not deal with these people they do not deliver a service or very often the product. why Paypal let them trade is a mystery!
    This has been going on or weeks! I am sure they rely on people giving up!
    Watch out!

DataKits.co.uk
    England, Greater London
    United Kingdom
    datakits.co.uk

On July 9 of this year, I sent you a payment of £19.98 for a iTech S35 Clip Bluetooth Stereo Adapter with 3.5mm Headphones. I still have not received this item as of 4 Sep 2009. I have sent 14 emails enquiring as to the ware bouts of my item Datakits have failed to respond to all of them.

I have done some research on since then and found hundreds of complaints against this company. See some below

If Datakits has ripped your off too, don’t' just vent your anger here. Make a complaint to Consumer Direct on 08454 04 05 06 (Consumer Standards) where it makes a real different and help put this terrible company out of business! ! !

23rd of Oct, 2009
    Datakits - Unauthorized billing
    Datakits
    datakits.co.uk

I placed an order with Datakits.co.uk who claim to specialise in mobile accesories, ipod docks & memory cards etc on the 22/02/2009, full payment was taken on the 24/02/2009 via Paypal, I still have not received my order, I have sent several emails to compaints & sales department but get an automated response stating someone will contact me within 48 hrs but nobody ever does, phone number is a voice message & again nobody gets back to you, I would advise anyone not to use Datakits.co.uk, I have been ripped off to the tune of £94.98 & am no further forward to receiving my klipsch I Groove HD that I have paid for.

• Er
      30th of Oct, 2009
    Datakits.co.uk - Blatant fraudsters
    datakits.co.uk

I ordered a laptop bag from the datakits website on the 26/03/09, and paid for it at the same time. Having received an email that the order was successful and the item dispatched I was confident that it would be on it's way.

After a couple of weeks I started to worry and contacted the website via both email and telephone. They never answer or reply via either media.Having carried out further research which I should have done prior to placing the order i have found that this is standard practice for this sham of a company.

They are blatent fraudsters and I am now persueing all possible avenues to try and recoup my money.

• Sp
      8th of Mar, 2010

There is a Facebook group dedicated to these scamming b**tards.

• Th
      16th of Mar, 2010

Hi I too have been ripped off by this company. My first order was 2 weks late after an email it arrived. Thought it was just a postal glitch. My second order 30th Jan 2010 and still waaiting sent email they stopped responding after two emails. So I got in touch by phone always went to answer phone. I left on very discruntled messwage. On the 8th reieved an email to say goods would be dispatched in to working days still no goods. Now its in the hands of consumer direct/traiding standards.

• Cy
      17th of Nov, 2010
    Datakits.co.uk - Don't use these crooks
    datakits.co.uk

It looks as though Data Kits is trading illegally - I should have checked them more thoroughly before placing an order, which 25 days on, has not materialised. There's been no reply to my emails or calls either. According to Companies House the business was dissolved on 07/05/2008. How are they managing to continue taking people's money? Don't use these crooks.

• Fr
      4th of Aug, 2011
    Datakits.co.uk - Absolute fraudsters
    Datakits.co.uk

I bought two of the same type of memory cards from them, specifically 2 x 16GB, Class 6, SDHC cards.

Class 6 refers to the read/write speed of the card, class 6 gaurantees a minimum of 10mb/s read/write. My device won't work with slower cards.

Got email on order day itself saying order will be dispatched within two working days if not delays will be notified by email.

Gave it a week, no order, no follow up email about delays.

Sent email enquiring whereabouts of item. No response. Tried telephone number. Number not in use.

Did google search with horrifying results. Informed Portsmouth Trading Standards and notified my bank to begin chargeback procedures. Emailed data kits again, with a strong worded letter. No response.

Items arrived 10 days after order. However, items were not in original packaging nor sealed. Further inspection shows the memory cards to have been rebranded from SanDisk cards with a handwritten label.

Discovered a serial number on the memory cards and called SanDisk directly, and asked them about the properties of each card. Both were 16Gb, but despite label claiming class 6, both were class 2.

Emailed company again asking for returns authorisation number. No response.

Have sent strongly worded email with proof of treachery to datakits cc'd to portsmouth trading standards claiming my rights under the Sale of Goods Act 1979 to reject goods not as described, not fit for purpose and not of satisfactory quality.

Am willing to follow this up as far as I need to go to get this sorted.