DataDepot.biz / Scam

Data Depot
We contracted to purchase names of active mortgage brokers in the state of Texas. We also purchased a email blast. The company quickly charged our credit card. We never received a confirmation email, nor were we able to track who viewed the email. I personally sent out an email to the email names provided and all returned NOT valid. This is a scam. He will not offer assistance, refunds are against company policy. You can't get a call back but can reach Scott if you press ! for sales. This is the only # he answers and always promises to have it out today. Today never came. We lost $210.00...Don't patronize this scam artist. I filed a complaint with the Attorney General in Florida and also the Better Business Bureau.

A  4th of May, 2010 by
Data Depot should be out out of business. DataDepot.biz is selling old eMails and bogus emai lists.
A  5th of Dec, 2010 by
I joined DataDepot.biz as an affiliate. So far I sent out my own email ad through my own sending system so I could check them out. I sent 25, 000 to Businesses from the list they sold me as a test. 40 % were returned by the Postmaster. I also used Bit.ly tracking. Bit.ly said 1, 317 went to DataDepot.biz. My so called Data Depot affiliate tracking said 16 people clicked on their site, no sales. Where do you think the other 1, 301 people went?? I also, can't get anyone to call me or return my emails to support. They suck, no matter which way you look at them!!!
N  5th of Jun, 2011 by
Email Marketing is generally perceived as a batch and blast tool to achieve marketing goals for almost no cost which is unfortunate. Data Depot, like many other list vendors are typically 'a vendor'. It is up to the marketers how they make best use of email lists.
Personally, I never use email lists for promotional work; instead, I use to promote the company profile/page/groups etc. across social networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube etc.
A  2nd of Apr, 2012 by
Emailed them my contract on Friday, they charged my card, never sent me acknowledgment of any sort about my account being created. Called them on Monday, it seemed from the conversation that I owed them something, they promised they will get back to me with information regarding my account number, mind you my credit card is charges $295 and no account number. Finally I decided to cancel. So far this "friendly" bunch has my physical signature and bank card number in electronic format. this sucks, thy seem to be bunch of prisoners answering the telephone.