Data Source Solutions / Charges for supplies we didn't receive

1 OR, United States Review updated:

I received a telephone solicitation from Data Source Solutions stating they had a special on lazer copier toners. We had just leased a new copier and no one in the area carried the type of toner we needed. I was happy to talk to someone from whom I could order these toners. I ordered two, but the solicitor said that they were running a special and if I order three I'll get the fourth one free. Well, that was a no-brainer so I ordered three thinking that this was a great deal. Several weeks later, a "delivery man" came into our clinic and said he had a package for us then set it on the receptionist counter. One of our medical assistants signed for it and was too busy to notice that (I assume) the "delivery man" took the package with him when he left. Later that week we received the invoice $568.00 for the toners (that were nowhere to be found). I called Data Source Solutions and said that I will not pay until we receive our order. The woman on the line said that the order had been delivered and then faxed us the signature of the medical assistant who "signed" for the delivery. We searched every nook and cranny of our clinic and found no toners. I finally ordered toners from another company, who charged me $89.00 per toner. I thought it was odd that the Data Source Toners would have cost me almost $200.00 a piece not including the "free" one. When I refused to pay for the products I did not receive, I was harassed several times a day for weeks by different people who "work" for Data Source Solutions. I am now glad that I stood my ground. I hope my experience helps others who would have otherwise been scammed by this company. In conclusion, Data Source Solutions should put all that energy into a service that would benefit others instead of trying to support themselves through their scams.

Comments

• Sp
      2nd of Oct, 2009

It is a well known fact that dealing with telemarketing agents can sometimes be one of life's most stressful and stagnating experiences.

Harassing calls, threats and use of obscene language can pressurize you to the edge and moreover, a collector may embarrass you by contacting your employer or even be pursued to disburse for a debt that is not rightfully yours.

There are limits on how far telemarketers can go, that is why we provide information on how to put an end to telemarketer calls and more efficiently, how to correspond with them about your account and/or to dispute a collection action and can teach you what are your rights in terms of privacy.

You can find out more information on our website: www.spgconsultants.webs.com

By informing each other, we protect each other.