Data Source 411 / Sent a bogus invoice

666 Sherbrooke West, Suite 1702Montreal, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-288-5750

Datasource 411 called one of our reps to confirm our mailing address to send out an invoice.

They didn’t ask for a manager, store owner, no one that could approve the agreement to begin with. Week later we get an invoice for $750+

They’re trying to say one of our managers approved it which she clearly didn’t. Then they said our rep falsly acted as the manager and this was serious business.
That they had a voice recording of our manager agreeing to the service, when all they did was confirm a mailing address for an invoice we were supposed to be expecting.

Said in one sentence they could zero it out, but we threatened them and now they won’t unless I sign and fax something saying I Will not pursue this legally, or file any complaints. etc…
when all I did was tell them I’d 1st take this to a regional level so our legal department could handle this for us as they were threatening interest and legal action if we didn’t pay.
Then I’d report them to the BBB, as well as the competition buruea for suspicions of FRAUD.

I've done some online research, and have run across many many many mom and pop shops as well as home based businesses that were sent invoiced they never paid, or were in fact intimidated into paying.

2 Days after dealing with www.datasource411.com we received another invoice from www.directdatapages.com with the exact same scam.

Both Companies are a FRAUD. Don’t pay… Recommend you contac the Better business Bureau, as well as the competition bureau. The 2nd one can open a case file and investigate there business practices...

Comments

2nd of Oct, 2008
Oops, Complaint is against Datasource 411.. Not Bell Distrubutions. All over information is correct & accurate.

Brainfart :(
So
  20th of Oct, 2008
i had the same situation happen to me and my company...this is a big scam...i was outraged when i saw the invoice!!! the a/r rep was a ### and made it seem i had no choice but to pay!!! i contacted my lawyer and i am currenctly taking his advice right now...this is a scam!!!
Ju
  13th of Nov, 2008
You should pay more attention when you are getting these calls. The agents always state the invoice and you accept on the recording.That means you must pay for the invoice.Pay attention!
Su
  22nd of Dec, 2008
This is a scam. They have done the same to me at my company. I thought they had sent an invoice to a different employee at this company, and they were going to send me the information. I would never agree to this kind of scam. I feel they are saying the information in a way to scam the public. besides I am not the person in charge of ordering, and have no right to order anything that my supervisor has not given me the ok to do..
Co
  21st of Jan, 2009
Julie must work for them as there is no way on gods green earth they can enforce their scam.

Found that by refusing to pay one (ABI Publications) your name must get taken of the "sucker" list that is passed around as we haven't heard from any of these scammers.

Pays to refuse :D
Ca
  5th of Feb, 2009
I had the same experience today. When I called to dispute the invoice they assured me they had a recording of me 'agreeing' to the invoice. The rep also told me that they had done 80% of the work already and therefore we needed to reimburse them to cover their costs. They agreed to give me a reduced invoice of only $249.95. I was sent the same letter of closure to sign and fax back.
Ke
  5th of Feb, 2009
They called my company in July, 2008. My wife made mistake ONE time to agree to the listing and not Datasource 411. About 6 different "compainies" have called with same scam. I beleve they sell or pass the recording around. In this day and time, they can make a recording to say what ever they want it to. Once you say YES, they have you.
Next we heard from them was a couple of weeks ago. AL GARDNER is the sob calling and sending faxes. I told him yesterday (2-4-09) that they were nothing but a scam and were not getting a penny. I also reported them to BBB and FTC. I was surprised, but he did not call today. I doubt I have heard the last
So
  25th of Feb, 2009
yes i agree that this JULIE girl must work for them...its a scam!!! the recording they had was modified!!! it was obvious...when my employee spoke the quality was very bad...staticky...and when they spoke it was so clear...i told them i would contact my lawyer...i even checked out there site...and they dont even have the correct info about my company...but i'm not supprised at all...one man was calling claiming to be from their a/r harassing me to pay up ...i just ignore them...now a woman calls...all they ever get is my voicemail...do they ever stop???..(shakes head)...i'm still taking my lawyers advice... you can also TELL THEM ITS ### AND TO F*@k OFF!!!
Sh
  11th of Mar, 2009
Our company receives many sales call per day, so we are very fluent with knowing what is real and what is not. This call from datasource 411 was merely to confirm our mailing address to send out an invoice...but, they don't ask to speak to an owner or manager or let you know the price of the invoice. I don't have the authority to approve any such service. They lead me to believe that this was something we already subscribe to. Actions like this are very unprofessional for a supposedly legitimate company. We will be contacting the BBB, also the competition board and our next step if they keep harassing us will be the RCMP. We will NOT be paying this bogus invoice. Also said they had recorded the message which they can tamper with. JULIE you pay attention quit scamming people how do you sleep at night???
Pe
  14th of Aug, 2009
It is a well known fact that dealing with telemarketing agents can sometimes be one of life's most stressful and stagnating experiences.

Harassing calls, threats and use of obscene language can coerce you to the edge and moreover, a collector may embarrass you by contacting your employer or even be pursued to disburse for a debt that is not rightfully yours.

There are limits on how far telemarketers can go, that is why we provide information on how to put an end to telemarketer calls and more efficiently, how to correspond with them about your account and/or to dispute a collection action and can teach you what are your rights in terms of privacy.

You can find out more information on our
website: