Data Release Division/Robert Richards / Award payment

1 3501Lubbock, TX, United States Review updated:

I recieved a letter claiming I had been selected to win 1.4 million dollars, and had really hoped it could be true. I was about to send my $20 for the required release fee but my mom told me I should look into it before I do. So I did, and sure enough it was a scam. That's really sad how people are so mean to get people's hopes up like that. I guess I should have known better.

Comments

Ju
  16th of Feb, 2009

I received a letter from Robert Richards, dated on February 12, 2009. Claiming that I won $1, 400, 000, 00, and that all that I needed to do is send a $20.00 money order. Please anyone that gets an Award payment data release Div letter with robert Richards signature at the bottom, do not send any money, do not believe what you read. This is a scam, fraud. I f you have actually won anything that they claim, why are they asking you to send money to begin with, and why is there no phone number written on either two letters. Please if you get a letter like the one I mentioned above or know someone who got one let them know so they don't get scam.

Vi
  20th of Aug, 2009

I JUST RECEIVED A LETTER FROM ROBERT RICHARDS INFORMING ME THAT I HAD WON $1, 400, 000 IN A RECENT SWEEPSTAKES. HE ALSO ASKED THAT I COMPLETE THE FORMS AND SEND $19.99 TO RECEIVE THE CHECK. I AM GLAD THAT I CHECKED THIS OUT ON THE INTERNET BEFORE SENDING HIM ANY MONEY.

Nb
  16th of Oct, 2009

I recieved the same letter. What a bunch of garbage. Isn't this illegal? what can be done to send this guy up a pole where he belongs??

An
  19th of Mar, 2010

I just received the letter as well, bout had a heart attack. I then calmed down and said hold on i called the better business bureau . And she told me think about it if you won something why would you have to pay to receive payment, an also data meaning that they'll continue to send more junk mail after they have all your data. I was like damn how can people be so mean to send this kind of junk mail. But to sum it up they didn't get a dime from me and i hope others pay attention as we did. I also looked it up on internet.

De
  14th of Aug, 2010

Child pls. I may be some dumb but not plum dumb. This is the world we live in. Damn their creative. I've been getting this letters for a while now but trust and believe they go right to the shredder. Here is the million $ question. Where the hell did they get my first and last name from? The only sweepstake I sign up for is PCH.
PEOPLE BEWARE.

Ma
  17th of Sep, 2010

I just recieved the same letter... Man, can we get the fbi in on this or what???? Why do people have to do this to others who are so broke and out of work and I REALLY wanted to belive it too!!! They are spending alot of money to make it look real!!! I will contact my local news station and try to get it out in Tulsa, Okla... Shot, may ever get on tv for a minute or two???? Hope NO ONE sends in the $20.00 but if you do the math it would'nt take long to make a good amount before they caugth uo to you. Good Luck, Mike from Tulsa!!!

St
  17th of Sep, 2010

I too just received the same letter. I instantly thought it was a scam so I did a search and this is one of the many sites I found saying it is. I thought "Why would I be receiving over a million dollars but have to send in money?" The amount they are asking for would be about the same amount as the 1.4 million would be in a savings account at 1% interest for half a day. These are pathetic people.

Dw
  20th of Sep, 2010

Can you believe that in this time of economic hardship, Robert Richards has the nerve to try an scam people for money, giving them hopes and lies.
This man makes me ill. I hope that somewhere along the path of karma he gets a jail cell 4x8, to reflect up the hopes and dreams that he has crushed of so many people. His greed will bite him in the long run. Just like Bernard Madoff. We as Amercans can no longer accept these kind of greed, selfish, scam artist to run amuck in our glorious country.
God Bless America

Cr
  14th of Oct, 2010

You know here i am struggling wondering if my mortgage will get too far behind in order to keep my home and bam i receive the answer to my prayers. $1.4 million dollars will answer anyone's financial dilema. Unfortunately, it was only a hoax. Why do these devils continue to play on peoples emotions with those 7 figures running thru our minds. In this day and time no one needs to have their hopes for a financial breakthrough come crashing down on them like a huge boulder. This is a shame that we have these evil beings out here trying to take advantage of peoples lack of money. It really gets me riled up when I see scams like this cuz people need hope. I just pray the GOD takes care of these devils and cast them down to Hades where they belong.

Ch
  13th of Dec, 2010

I just received this same letter except mine came from Jerico, NY and is to be sent to P.O. Box 9000 East Meadow, NY. Guess the [censor] is on the move. Hope someone catches up to him.

Tw
  15th of Jan, 2011

I just received the same letter & mine came from Jericho, NY as well. Sick [censor].That is all I have to say.

Ta
  18th of Apr, 2011

I also just recieved a letter from Robert Richards to saying I won 1, 400, 000.00 yesterday and he wants me to send 19.99 to
release the funds. Hmm I guess we are all millionares or maybe he is if every one falls for his scam..HMm I am not sending him a dime...and the magazine subscription whom I did not order any thing but they are still sending me magazine should also be shut down and sued, What can be done about this I smell lawsuit.

Sn
  16th of Nov, 2011

Yes this man is even trying it here in Hawaii. I got the same letter thank all of you for posting what you posted. People like him I believe God will take care of in the end.

An
  13th of Dec, 2011

I received this same letter from Award Payment Data Release Division, which I supposedly won 1, 400, 000.00 million. The Prize Announcer, Robert Richards. The kicker is; I never entered this lottery to receive this document of award. This is a total scam, and this fraud; criminal deception of good American people out of there $19.99. fee. A legitimate sweepstakes lottery would never ask for a fee of any kind. My attorney, and The BBB have stated these are total scams. So don't fall prey to these phoney winnings. check on line and with BBB before you do anything and go with your gut feeling. So if I really have won this kind of money the award committee would be at my door. So where is the damned flowers, champagne, limousine, and the gigantic check with my name on it. Oh! Yeah! lets not forget the camera crew would be there too. This without a doubt an absolute SCAM!!!

La
  13th of Dec, 2011

I received the same letters today. What a bummer. Sure could have used the cash this time of year. I thought about sending the info back (with minor errors) and telling them to take the $19.99 out of my winnings! I'm just glad that we have resources like this to confirm what we think--these are SCAMS!