Data Depot / WORTHLESS CRAP

This company is nothing but a FRAUD. I paid $475 for a list, the section that I need had roughly 400, 000 contacts. After all the duplicates and multiple listing for company's were removed, I had only about 8, 000 which is 2% that may work. I called and talked to Scott who by the way answers every line. Wether it be sales or support. The accounting mailbox was full. I told him my problem and he said he would process a refund and about 3 seconds later he said it was denied. I said how can you know that already. He said all sales are final. I sent them 47 emails over several days and had no response from any of them, when I told him this he said I see that you sent 6 messages, my point was that NO ONE called me or ever intended to call me back. I think if you use there system they obvioiulsy fix the numbers so it looks better than the actuals. He said that maybe my email was black listed, I assured him it was not and that I have sent plently of emails in the past with no problem. I tried sending just 2, 000 about 100-200 at a time and I've had over 700 rejected and there still coming in. WHAT A JOKE!!! Don't waste you time or $$. When you call ask to speak with someone other than Scott - I did talk to a Vanessa once but never heard from her again. I guess their taking shifts answering the phone in their one bedroom apartment.

Na

Comments

• Na
      8th of Apr, 2009

This is for DATA.DEPOT.BIZ

14th of Jul, 2009

Yes, this is not a company that intends to do business by offering good products or services but cheating. The man who answer your phone is both the salesperson and also technical support guy. He answers both sales and support lines. But he can not answer any of your questions but to ask you to submit a ticket that will never be replied. I purchased a email list and also used their email marketing software to send out newsletters. The result proved that I wasted my money. When I had a few technical issues, I called for a live support person, the same man appeared and told me to send email ticket. I sent them 4-5 emails but never got replied. Do not ever be fooled by their large banner testimonials on their website. If you search on google for any of the companies on the banner, they are not there at all. I doubt their clients include those big-name companies that are listed on their website. datadepot.biz should disappear for good and forever.

• Je
      24th of Aug, 2009

This is the worst company on earth, avoid them if you can:
    I think I am starting to dislike data depot. Your mailing features come with absolutely no help, and when we call in all that is said is "have you submitted a ticket". Data depot is extremely unprofessional and your customer service team is unreliable. I have been hung up on and there are plenty of "trouble tickets" that have been submitted that are yet to be answered.

• Bi
      2nd of Nov, 2009

First they wouldn't and couldn't fix my problem with sending out e-mails. Then called me a ### when I didn't know how to fix the problem they were hired to solve. The most unprofessional and least customer oriented company I have ever dealt with. Their product is crap and they are useless.

• Sc
      4th of Nov, 2009

Never do business with this company. I have submitted a complaint with BBB and have disputed with my credit card company. It is a scam and I wish I had researched more before flushing my hard earned cash down the toilet. Scott is a thief and a liar.

• Af
      1st of Dec, 2009

Everything in my experience matches that of others here. Don't do business with Data Depot. Check the BBB filings and search the Web with the string - "data depot" rip-off - and see what you find.

• Sh
      3rd of Dec, 2009

Thanks Everybody, I was going to spend some hard earned money with this jerk.

I'm looking for webmasters email addresess. If you know of a legit company, you could let me know @ Joel@ElitePrefabHomes.com

• Gm
      17th of Dec, 2009

THEY ARE A COMPLETE AND TOTAL SCAM! I HAVE AN IDEA WHY DONT WE ALL GET TOGETHER AND GO TO THE FL ATTY GENERAL AND PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS. OR FILE A CLASS ACTION CONSUMER PROTECTION SUIT THROUG LOCAL COUNSEL AND GET BACK ALL OF OUR MONEYS AND DAMAGES.

CONTACT ME AT: THEMILLIONAIRETEACHER@GMAIL.COM TO DISCUS OUR OPTIONS.

I AM NOT LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN FL BUT I CAN GET THE BALL ROLLING AND WE CAN CHEAPLY SHARE THE COST OF A FL ATTORNEY TO GO AFTER SCOTT AND VANESSA.

IT IS TRUE THAT THEY ARE PROBABLY A 2 PERSON COMPANY IN THEIR ONE BEDROOM APARTMENT RUNNING THIS SCAM.

29th of Jan, 2010

Did anyone have problems with there credit card? Double billed or extra charges?

• Si
      4th of Feb, 2010

Thanks for the information, was about to buy from them..can someone please tell where i can buy good email leads ..you can contact me: simonmiles@earthlink.net

Simon

• Mm
      12th of Feb, 2010

guess I should have done my homework first. Bought my lists less than 30 days ago, and have been trying to log in to deploy a campaign all day. can't get thru to customer service - "submit a ticket" my @$$. Even the "forgot password" link doesn't work.

• Di
      19th of Mar, 2010

Total scam. Purchased list. They sent the wrong list. I put in a trouble ticket and got no response. Every call gets transferred to "technical support" which "to save money is only available through a trouble ticket." AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

• Kv
      9th of Apr, 2010

We are got cheated by them totally. We have paid $700.00. They are not refunding. The software is not sending any preview mails. So what is the guarantee that they actual email send will work. They have not been cooperating with us at all. There is clause in the contract that all sales are final. They are not accredited via BBB also. I know each one alone we may not be able to do anything. How can we get out money back. kvsk51atyahoodotcom

• Mm
      29th of Apr, 2010

so today, exactly 75 days after my last posting... guess what happened?

The email campaign that I could not get to deploy on February 16th somehow decided to run. I've had the pleasure of spending the entire day keeping my mail server unclogged from the (at minimum) 5, 000 "Message Delivery Failure" notifications. Averaging 10 to 50 per minute coming into my inbox.

And true to form, Data Depot has failed to respond to my urgent requests in a timely manner.

By the way, if you call and press x101 for SALES, someone will actually answer the phone. Doesn't mean they'll help though...

Double whammy... their "email service" doesn't work... and their data is also apparently outdated and/or inaccurate.

STAY AWAY FROM DATA DEPOT AT ALL COSTS.

• Fi
      4th of May, 2010

Sent 50, 000 emails as a test. Almost 18, 000 got rejected. Though technologically, it seems like they have a system, along with tutorials, etc., their data is terrible and of course - no sales came out of it. Though i supposedly have 20 or so leads that actually opened the email.

Suffice it to say, they take the money and run. Sales is the only line that answers - and then they quickly transfer you to the recorded message that says use the website if you aren't spending money. No customer service and "to keep costs down - we only accept technical support on line" is the message you get for technical support.

About the testimonials, I was curious as well - also looked up and couldn't find - should have known better - but was looking for a deal and the site looked well put together along with all the bells and whistles - nevertheless... not good data + no customer service= not a company to deal with again.

• Pl
      1st of Oct, 2010

Data Depot is a joke, a sham, do not do business. Acutally they are criminals who steal money from you.

• Do
      10th of Nov, 2010

I have a different take on this company. Was contacted by marketer who needed leads for permission-based email marketing. As it turns out we provided the leads and our customer had arranged service through DataDepot. The only problem we noticed was that the maximum file upload size was limited to 6MB and not the 50MB limit set by their front end software. I chose to be a technical resource for our leads client and sent tech support a request to modify the php.ini configuration file and shortly afterwards my customer called sales with DataDepot and spoke with a female and she offered to expedite the trouble ticket and modify the max file upload size. Also our customer mentioned that this service was recommended by two of his associates and that their pricing was very attractive. So, it's easy to complain but sometimes if you work constructively with businesses, you might find that they do offer value. Just me two cents.

• Ta
      17th of Nov, 2010

I agree. I just gave them $250 of my money for nothing. Once you pay them money - kiss it goodbye. If you question this then call the company and enter 102 for support. The voice mail tells you to turn in an online ticket. They do this so they don't have to get back to you. The salesperson is the support rep working out of their home. I cannot believe people can steal money from other people and call it a business. Take the money you're going to give Data Depot and give to to someone who really needs it.

• Em
      14th of Dec, 2010

The bottomline is that cheap e-mails are going to get you crappy results. However, datadepot is probably one of the worst out there but they seem to have a lot of google adword money. But if you're looking for quantity try emailinghouse.com.

• Ju
      25th of Jan, 2011

DataDepot has poor quality listings. You will spend weeks to manually remove duplicates and correct spelling errors. You will not get your money back. Stay away. Trust me.