DAS Dependable Auto Shippers / The car was destroyed

DAS Auto Shippers took delivery of my car and guaranteed to deliver the car from Phoenix to Boston in 7 to 9 days. The car arrived after 3 weeks with the following damage: the speedometer and odometer had been disconnected, which leads us to believe the car was stolen and driven. All of the windows were left open during shipment and the car traveled through very bad weather and rain. The car was filled with seveal inches of water, which destroyed the interior and several electronic modules located under the seats. We contacted DAS to claim the damages and asked that they return our shipping fee and include $200.00 to have the car cleaned. We have heard nothing from them!

Ji

Comments

• Ti
      17th of Sep, 2008

DAS is the worst!

I got my car shipped from Minneapolis, MN to Seattle, WA in Feb 2008. It took them 4 weeks to arrive. They promised within two weeks. When my car arrived, there were scratches on the doors, dents and was very dirty. There were 100 miles more on it then when I dropped it off. I called DAS and wrote letters asking for an explanation and they have not replied.

I ran out of options so I’ve located the names of the owners of the company and I’ve been sending emails hoping someone will hear my call.

Here are the contact names for DAS corporate incase anyone needs it.

Rick LaForge – CEO

Press Release –
    pressrelease@dasautoshippers.com

• Fr
      19th of Oct, 2008

DAS HAS TO BE THE ABSOLUTE WORST SHIPPER IN THE WORLD. THEY ACTUALLY WRECKED MY 'DREAM' CAR (JAGUAR), AND THEN THE UPSET DRIVER GOT A HAMMER AND DESTROYED THE INTERIOR TO BE A JERK. THEY NOW REFUSE TO RESPOND. CAR IS UNDRIVEABLE AND WE LOST THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY AND WARN ANYONE TO BEWARE!! DAS AUTOSHIPPERS RIPOFF!! DAS AUTO SHIPPERS WILL ROB YOU!! WORST COMPANY IN THE USA IN MY HONEST OPINION. TERRIBLE TERRIBLE COMPANY AND THIEFS THAT JUST STEAL IN A DIFFERENT WAY!!! ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE!!

• Da
      27th of Oct, 2008

DAS has researched this particular move. The "white spots" were reported 5 days after the customer received the vehicle. It is extremely difficult to determine if this condition occurred during transit or in the 5 day period thereafter, as the condition was not noted when the customer accepted the vehicle in California. There is no notation on the BOL of the vehicle being too dirty to inspect at time of delivery, although there is a notation that the vehicle was too dirty to inspect when it was picked up by DAS in NJ. In spite of that, DAS made a good faith offer in excess of $900.00 to address the spots and a small scratch on a door handle. Rather than accept the offer, the customer disputed their credit card payment for the move. In regards to the credit card dispute, American Express ruled in favor of DAS. To date, the customer has not accepted the $900 offer.

• Da
      27th of Oct, 2008

This is in response to Mr. Andeberhan's comment above. His story is very inconsitent with reality. Firstly, he scheduled his car to be dropped off at our MN terminal on Feb 6th. Instead, he dropped it off on Feb 8th which menas it missed the transport is was assigned to. This is like missing your flight and blaming the airline for messing up you travel plans. And secondly, when the car was received at destination, there was absolutely no damage noted on the Bill of Lading, Addtionally, he signed a wash form confirming that the exterior had been washed and the interior was clean. In spite of these "non-issues", DAS extended a $100 discount off a future move as a token of good faith.

• Te
      10th of Feb, 2010

I shipped cars twice with DAS. Once, one of the rims was scratched. My claim was filed, someone came out and looked at it and I got my money for a new rim. No complaints what so ever.

• Pr
      15th of Nov, 2018
    Dependable Auto Shippers (DAS) - car move
    Mesquite
    Texas

they don't have the ability to ship the car but charged my credit card and did not ship the car for a month.Also charged me to take my car back.