Darwin McArthurunlicensed activity

1 Review updated:

McArthur portrayed himself as a licensed, bonded, and insured contractor. Check California State Contractors Board website and found his license had been revoked since 2007. Requested refund back and am still working on it with a judgment against him.

Jm

Comments

• Ga
      Oct 09, 2010

You were not the first to be scammed. Check the CA State Board by license number and you will actually see it was revoked back in 2005.

Oct 27, 2010

garyirv:

Yes I know. Unfortunately, I was not as educated as I am now about the State Contractors Board. This is a very useful tool. As for his license, it expired in 2005. The Bond Insurance company sued him in 2004 for $113, 000. His licensed was revoked in 2007 for the unpaid judgment. I have gotten about 1/2 money back and still working on the rest. I've also filed a police report for Grand Theft which is currently going to the D.A.'s office for criminal prosecution and the State Contractor's Board has also requested this to go to the D.A.'s office for criminal prosecution for unlicensed activity. Hopefully the justice system will work and make him accountable.

• Le
      Nov 05, 2010

Once a criminal, always one, I guess...the guy's been in jail a few times before as well.

Nov 05, 2010

Hopefully he is in jail now and that is the reason he has not returned my phone calls or showed up with any money. If anyone has seen this guy please let me know.

Apr 21, 2011

There is now a bench warrant for his arrest. May have left the state of California