Darwin International Airport / Forced to buy two tickets for the same trip from Darwin to Denpasar on July 17th 2016.

Jabiru, Northern Territory, Australia Review updated:

On July 17th, 2016, I was first in line to check in with my e-tiket, EJTHJK, for flight QZ541, Class1 at Darwin Airport, Australia at 5pm. My names as written in the ticket was Mr. Howie Timothy James, number [protected]. The check in staff member rejected my ticket as they stated my name is actually Timothy James Howie. I was then forced to purchase another ticket on the spot as I was trying to fly from Darwin, Australia to Denpasar Bali. I was returning to work in Surabaya, Indonesia. The second ticket for QZ541 seat 14D, WLJ69X cost over $300.00AUD. I paid that using credit card. The first ticket was purchased by cash in Surabaya. I believe Air Asia is being just trite and totally not service oriented at all. I have tried writing to them using an on-line complaints form but the form is being rejected even though complete. I am hoping for a refund.

Ti
Jul 18, 2016

More Darwin International Airport Complaints & Reviews

Comments

•   Jul 19, 2016

They were not being trite at all. Every airline all over the world has this same policy. Your name must match your ID exactly, with no reversals or misspellings.