Danielle Janine Jewelry aka Shop DaniRip Off Company

1 Review updated:

This company advertises that you can get an "initial shipment of jewelry for $9" but in the Details and Terms it states "Semimonthly Program: Following your initial order, you will receive one new jewelry selection twice each month. You will be billed $68 each shipment." And also states "Semimonthly shipments are an estimate. They may be more or less frequent." They are weekly - not semimonthly. I was billed on a Friday for my initial payment, on a Monday for the first of the semimonthly and then on Friday again for another semimonthly (because it was a new month). When I called to complain I was told to return the packages unopened and I would receive my refund within 10 days.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Evanston, ILI was very upset that I didn't even have time to see if their product was worth purchasing before being charged for 2 additional shipments. I immediately returned the packages to the address they requested. The packages were received on 5/14/09 and I have yet to receive my refund - I called on 6/23/09 to be told that they only received my packages in the correct department on 5/29/09 as they have to route the packages internally. They also told me that I may have to wait 1-2 billing cycles for my refund - funny it was charged to my debit account - there are no billing cycles. As far as I am concerned these people are committing fraud on a daily basis and I wish I had researched them before purchasing from them. Also, if you call them be prepared to be greeted by EXTREMELY RUDE customer (non) service representatives - who seem annoyed that you would even think about contacting them to complain.

Comments

Jul 05, 2009

The same thing happened to me I cried because I saw my account and I tried to contact them immediatly but they haven't answered my calls I do not have that much money I only ordered what I thought was a $9 necklace now my account is going to be negative they have charged me $68 last week and I currently have to holds on my account for $68. I feel they are stealing from my account and I dont know what to do!

• La
      Jul 07, 2009

I have been dealing with shopdani.com (Danielle Janine Jewelry) since 5/4/09. Much like the many other posters here I had two 68$ charges taken out of my acct within 2 days of placing the initial order.

I have spoken to supervisors and been assured by email and fax that they are going to credit my card for both charges. However, I have yet to see those credits.

I spoke to my bank tonight and they advised that I FILE A CREDIT CARD DISPUTE FORM.

I WORK IN A PHONE/INTERNET CLUB INDUSTRY AND WHEN YOU FILE A CREDIT CARD DISPUTE THE COMPANY THAT ISN'T CREDITING YOU 99% LOSES THE DISPUTE.

CONTACT YOUR BANKS FOLKS!!!

SINCERELY,
    ANOTHER DANI SCAMEE

• Ka
      Jul 27, 2009

Same thing with me - I got 6 shipments in less than a week! I will be phoning both the jewelry Club's office and my card company tomorrow. BTW, the jewelry doesn't fit me and looks like it's from a carny booth.

• Th
      Feb 17, 2010

i too am dealing with such crap from them for MONTHS i have been trying to contact them..no response...i contacted my credit card an well they are of no help without contact from Dani...also i reported them to the BBB again sadly no help from them either...NO contact from dani...so now i am screwed and dont get nothin for it...i am charged $68 for something i dont have becasue i was told i can return it and get a refund with no problem...that was Oct of 2009...i still have no necklace and no money...the jewelry was barely worth the initial payment...i got mine a little cheaper but still..so not worth it and sure as hell not worh $68 its a rock on a fake chain...