[Resolved] Damelin Correspondence College [DCC]delay in marking department, waiting for results...

I have registered in 2014 and had 18 modules to submit. they committed to marking books in 30 days, which in my case took more than a year at a time. its 4 years down the line and I am still waiting for my last book to be marked in order for me to write my exams. I have lost out on job opportunities cos of this. I have sent 100's of emails back and forth and all I am advised is that they are forwarding it to the correct dept. I have been awarded a bursary and now my company wants to deduct the money back from my salary because of me not writing my exams as yet. nobody in that institute cares at all. my son registered in 2013 and is having the same issues. they have lost some of his assignments and didn't care to give him any benefit because of their carelessness. I don't know who else to contact with this regards, because half the people don't even respond to their emails. I cannot wait to have this nightmare ended. Now that the festive season has begun, I will be told that the exams dept is closed. Why not do their work and then go on holiday. Studying with this institute has not been pleasant at all.

• Resolution statement

• Good day

We are truly sorry to read about the challenges you have experienced.

Please send us your student number as well as your son's student number and your contact details so that we can get you urgent assistance in resolving your query.

• Good day,

Trust you are well.

Please note that we still require the details requested above in order to get you assistance on your query.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

• Updated by Abiash, Dec 10, 2018

418623 (Ramitha) & 417093 (Ashlyn)
    tel: [protected] Shaan & [protected] (Ashlyn)

• Good day,

Thank you for the response. Your query has been escalated to the exam department for urgent assist. Kindly confirm with us once you have been contacted.

• Good morning,

We are truly sorry to read about the frustrations you have experienced. Please be assured that your query has been escalated for urgent assistance to the exam department.

Ab
Dec 04, 2018

Comments

• Kg
      Feb 01, 2019

I have registered with Damelin Correspondence College in 2016 to study a three-year National Diploma, student number 429418. I had nine Modules to complete by the end of 2019, which are:
    Communication
    Education and Training
    Human Resources Management
    Labour Relations
    Team Dynamics

I have submitted my assignments for marking 2017 and only one was returned ( Communication) on the 01st January 2018. 2018 I submitted more assignments modules to be marked, and none of them have been returned back to me. I have called numerous times to follow up, all I get is that the assignments are still with the marker.
    Administration and Management were submitted in June 2018, and yet once again they still with the marker.
    Skills Development Facilitator and Human resources Mangement were submitted in November 2019, those too are still with the marker. Till date, I have not received any communication regarding my assignments nor the marks achieved. This is very frustrating because till date, I don't know if I will be writing my exams or not. I have sent enquiries to these following people, and none of them has been able to give me satisfactory answers.
    Yolanda Moaisa( Yolanda.[protected]@dcc.edu.za)
    Raquel Lawrence( raquel.[protected]@dcc.edu.za)
    Nomsa Mhlongo ( nomsa.[protected]@dcc.edu.za)
    This course was paid in full by my employer, of which I am still not able to provide any progress report with regards to these outstanding modules. This institution has truly made this learning experience a nightmare.

• @Kgaogelo Rapelego Good morning Kgaogelo,