Damelin College / very poor service

1 South Africa Review updated:

My son is a student at Damelin College Port Elizabeth branch.
I have recieved the worst service from them over the last two years. Complaints brought forward by myself and other students/parents:

Damelin college is possibly the worst place to study.
- Not only do they mess up everything but they only care about money and clearly not academics.
- They do not make students aware when exams are or even when to come back to college.
Therefore students miss out on important work as well as exams that they cannot redo (resulting in a fail or R400 for a petty exam.
- Damelin's lecturers are not qualified and have even left halfway during a coursesubject resulting in unfinished subjects which students must pay for,
the lecturers come and go and do not even go through all the work
- Students are treated like little kids and the staff mess them around. Some of the staff are extremely lazy and not well mannered at all.
- The managers running the place clearly do not know what they are doing and never take matters seriously.
- Students who graduated last year are STILL waiting for their DiplomasCertificates (7 Months later)
- Damelin have also lost proof of exams and assignments for my child
-My son was told to write an exam on a subject NOT EVEN DONE YET!

If you are a parent that cares about your child I Would highly advise you to not enroll.
I have wasted over R40 000 at Damelin, don't make the same mistake!

Comments

• Ml
      7th of Dec, 2010

After reading the post regarding Bad service at Damelin PE I was alarmed as my son also studies there.
    I spoke to my son regarding the matter and he informed me that this is not the case. We are informed about test dates and exams. There are notices all around the campus that states these dates. He said that students that is not informed are the ones that does not attend classes. He is very happy at Damelin PE . He also stated that his lecturers is well qualified.
    I‘ve never had a bad experience at Damelin PE (service delivery), they are always friendly and willing to assist.

10th of Feb, 2014

I HAVE REGISTERED WITH DAMELIN IN 2010 THEY HAVE NIT GIVEN ME ANY STUDY MATERIAL ND DELAYED MY STUDIES WHERE MY COMPANY NEEDED THE
    CERFICATE. I HAVE BEEN CALLING AND CALLING, EMAILING AND I WENT PERSONALLY TO DAMELIN. I SPOKE TO THE PRINCIPLE AT THE TIME VINNY.
    I FILLED IN A CANCELATION FORM AND NOW THEY ARE STILL INVOICING ME AND TAKING LEGAL ACTION AGAINST ME AND ITS REFLECTING ON MY ITC.

I HAVE REGISTERED AND PAID BUT NO ONE COMES BACK TO ME AT ALL.
    I WANT DAMELIN TO CONTACT ME AND SORT THEIR RECORDS OUT!!

• So
      5th of Oct, 2015

A friend of mine Glyn and I studied at Damelin and graduated around 1997. I have struggled for many years to get my certification reissued and I recently found out that Glyn is having the same issue. Damelin takes no responsibility and have just washed their hands of this. They're merely saying, sorry we lost your records and you need to accept that. No solution and no care for the consequences!