Dallas Police Department / police officer attitude

1 2735 W. Colorado BlvdDallas, United States Review updated:
Phone: 214-947-2464

My neice was jumped from behind by another young girl she is 13years old
they started fighting when all of a sudden the father grabbs my neice and twisted her arm until it broke. The police were called when they arrived he was arrested on warrant charges my mother was called when she got there she went to the police car and told the individual how dare your stupid idiot grown self hurt a young girl. It was then the police officer got rude and told her not to worry about that -he was already going to jail. That the real problem was why the girls were fighting? The REAL Problem is that man broke my neice's arm that sir is the problem How dare he try to change the subject if it were his child he wouldn't be so protective of the individual that is of poor moral judgement-probably a menice to society and of questionable background. These police officer's should be trained better on customer service the way he spoke to my mother is not the way he would want anybody to speak to his mother they get on a power trip as soon as they become cops the police report number is 295983X someone needs to address this issue.

More Dallas Police Department Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Jr
      20th of Jul, 2010
    Dallas Police Department - Negligence of the mentally ill
    Personal
    3260 Bickers Street, #310
    Dallas
    Texas
    Phone: 214-434-5939

Sir/Ms., I live in the zip code 75212 - West Dallas, Texas area. Today I called the MetroCare Crisis Unit and expressed my concern for a mentally disabled family member. They were well aware of the circumstances as I had made a similiar call on Sunday, July 18, 2010. However, the crisis I had been experiencing had not gotten any better and I again called. Two members of the MetroCare Crisis Unit came out to my home to make an observation and evaluation of my adult son and felt it necessary to have him removed from my home to be taken to the hospital; and called the local police to intervene in having him taken to the nearest hospital for further psychiatric evaluation. Once the officers arrived (four of them), I was informed they were not going to take him to a hospital but instead remove my son from the premises. The reason being that my son had not appeared to harm himself or another. All of the evaluation shared with the police by members of the crisis team was ignored and my son was released to the streets without money to travel and some belongings. This decision in my opinion only intensified the very obvious decompensation of my son's illness and although I conceded to have him return home for an opportunity to explore other options/resources on his behalf, he had not returned. Now, it's late into the night and i am grieviously concerned about his well being as he has not yet come back. I conject, that officers in question did not want to partake in having to wait around a hospital setting, filling out paperwork and being tied up in the process. I am distressed because my son was not in a settled frame of mind and needed the intervention of the officers as the circumstances were unfolded to them by the crisis team-workers. This type of apathy is what many are led to being hurt on the street or to lose their way in an society without empathy for the mentally ill. My request is the above will be reviewed and addressed in a timely manner. Thank you. Joyce R. Jones

• Gr
      10th of Nov, 2011

Your mother needs to let his sergeant know.

10th of Nov, 2011

Police are there to do a job, not be nice to you. You don't realize how many times they put their lives on the line for you without any thanks. I work at the police department where I live and it is depressing how many "deceased" emails we get on a daily basis.

@OP - perhaps the officer shouldn't have said what he said, but, he was taking the guy to jail already. When a civilian gets unruly while an officer is trying to do his job, it just makes things more frustrating and difficult for him.

• Ra
      10th of Nov, 2011

Especially when we are paying their salaries hmm.

10th of Nov, 2011

My husband is the one who broke the little girl's arm. However the OP is "forgetting" to mention something. She is "forgetting" to mention that her daughter had a knife on her and when she pulled out the knife my husband in defending our daughter grabbed her arm and in trying to disarm her broke her arm. It was in defending our child from getting seriously hurt. A broken arm nothing compared with being stabbed.

• Im
      10th of Nov, 2011

mother of other child - that has nothing to do with the OP's core complaint against the officer. The Op has a valid complaint IMO. The officer was out of line.

When a citizen lodges a complaint against a member of the Dallas Police Department, it is assigned to the Internal Affairs Division, 1400 S. Lamar Street, Dallas, Texas 75215 for review. This office is open Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. If the Internal Affairs Division (IAD) offices are closed, you may lodge a complaint with any supervisory officer of the department. Once received, the complaint will be investigated by IAD or the employee's supervisor.

Texas law requires that all complaints against police officers must be in writing and signed by the person making the complaint. Just as citizens who are arrested must be notified of the charges against them, police officers must be given a copy of the complaint before any disciplinary action may be taken.

Complaints must be made within 60 days of the incident complained about, except in special cases (such as criminal misconduct or when good cause can be shown by the person making the complaint). Complaints must be made by the person aggrieved (wronged). Other persons may give statements as witnesses.

• Fi
      10th of Nov, 2011

The person who wrote this blog did not forget to post the knife part in their blog, they purposely left that out because they did not want to make their daughter seem like a dangerous criminal.

10th of Nov, 2011

Hogwarts the daughter pulled a knife on my daughter, what is he supposed to do, just let the Ops daughter stab mine?

first born triplet. I think the quotes under "forgot" would reflect that she purposely left that information out. Anyone over the age of 12 would know this. Slow arn't you. What the mother is forgetting to mention is that the other 13 year old has been in trouble before. She has been suspended from school for fighting, been caught stealing, was arrested for vandalism ect.

How was the officer out of line. He just told her the truth that the two girls should not be fighting. I have grounded my girl for fighting. This other mother did not. Also he was already in jail and it is true the girls should not have been fighting in the first place.

• Ru
      10th of Nov, 2011

mother of other child is lying through he rrotten teeth. I was there and the other girl did not have no knife. Your daughter thinks she's big and bad and is always picking on kids. We've had enough of her crap. And the other girl did nothing but ignore her taunts and tried to walk away when your little slut jumped her like a coward from her back. When the other girl was getting the best of her and getting her off her back your husband got in it.

cchuckles

That part is not true, even one of the other girl's friend said that the other daughter attacked my daughter first. These two girls used to be friends. There were five girls in there, my daughter, the other girl and three other girls and all three girls said that the other daughter attacked mine first. The mother thinks they are all lying despite the fact that one of the other girls is friends with her daughter.

10th of Nov, 2011

Funny, the other girl's username on sites is always ruder. Instead of defending yourself your mother should ground you "ruder" the girl who pulled a knife on her. You even admit a knife was pulled on her. What are you doing carrying knives anyway.

• Ru
      10th of Nov, 2011

Quit lying mother of other child, she didn't have no nife or she would have been arrested too. There was no kinife you liar. your girl is a troublemaker and don't none of us like her. With parents like you no wonder she the wat she is.

10th of Nov, 2011

"Especially when we are paying their salaries hmm."

Try telling that to the next officer that gives you a traffic ticket and see how much he cares.

You don't pay their salaries, the city does. You simply pay taxes.

10th of Nov, 2011

Taxes go into more than salaries. Trying to tell an officer that you pay his salary could very well get you arrested depending on the situation.

10th of Nov, 2011

I tell you what, if you can prove that you pay at least $30k in city taxes each year, then you can tell that officer that you pay his salary. Yeah, didn't think so.

• -3 Votes

Well we don't know who is telling the truth here so we can't judge either girl. Ofcourse if ruder is the friend of the OP's girl she is going to defend her. Both mothers will defend their daughters and not believe the truth about them. All I know is both ruder and mother of other girls are acting like they are 13 year olds themeslves.

11th of Nov, 2011

You don't understand the whole situation here. I am the mother of the person who posted this review.

Yeah my granddaughter did pull a knife on "mother of other child's" daughter, but that was only because her daughter grabbed her from behind and started strangling her. She could not breathe so she grabbed the knife she had in her pocket and tried to cut "mother of other child's daughter. It was all in self defense. Before my granddaughter could defend herself her father grabbed her arm and twisted it so badly that he broke her arm. He was arrested and the attitude of the police officer was rather rude which is what this review is about. Not about how "bad" these children are.

Yes, I admit my granddaughter has been suspended from school before but who is "mother of other child to judge her. That little slut is a troublemaker. The reason that my granddaughter got suspended is because she told a teacher off. A teacher who was wrong and deserved to be told off.

Another time when she was suspended it was yeah, it was for fighting. But that was not her fault. The other girl(not mother of other child's daughter) started it. The other girl stole from her so she and her friends corned her and beat her up during lunch period to teach her a lesson.(ruder being one of them).

My granddaughter got suspended three times twice for fighting and once for swearing at a teacher(whom I said had it coming to her). Yeah she was arrested for shoplifting but that was only once. Neither fight was her fault. If that other girl had not stolen from her they would not have beaten her up. Yeah my granddaughter could have simply asked for her her Ipod back but that other girl is a little thief and needed to be taught a lesson. Simply asking nicely does not work for that little thief.

Then there was another fight she got into which was not her fault. There was speculation that a third girl called one of her friends racist names and spread rumors about that my granddaughter so they corned her and beat her up to teach her a lesson.

As for the being arrested for shoplifting that was not her fault and a one time thing. She was pressured into stealing from Target. Her friends pressured her into shoplifting and she was afraid of losing their friendship so she went along with it.

The vandalizm was not my granddaughter's fault either. Again her friends pressured her into it and she had no idea that slashing bike tires was vandalizm. She thought it only applied to cars. She did not know it was illegal to slash bike tires and she only did it because her friends pressured her to do so.

To mother of other girl, go discipline your daughter she clearly needs it.

However this review is not about the two girls, it is about how the police treated us. If this were his daughter who was attacked by the father(a grown man) he would be angry as well and not defend the child beater.

Hogwarts Student Zachary

f the girl is a slut than yeah we will call her a slut. Also hogwarts student Zachary you dummy, ruder is another girl that is 12 years old and a friend of my granddaughter. You don't know that slashing tires is illegal so stop acting as if you are better and than my granddaughter you little delinquent. Hope you die in a horrible car accident or become crippled for life.

Also just so you know my granddaughter made a simple mistake when she was caught shoplifting. Every child does silly things and don't bash her for this. She is a good girl. It is mother of other girl who is bad.

11th of Nov, 2011

the whole situation sounds like it was an exciting day at the trailer park.

11th of Nov, 2011

Ha ha ruder, my daughter, my grandaugher and myself gave you a negative comment, we voted your comment down you disgusting juvenile delinquent. We will be making other accounts just to make your comments go down and have you deleted from this site and have your comments deleted. Loser go die in a fire and burn to death in pain and agony you pathetic kid. My granddaughter is way better than you are.