Dallas County Auto Salvage / Scammed

United States Review updated:
3.75

A few days ago, sometime in September of 08 I was in need of a battery for my truck so I bought a used battery at Dallas County Auto Salvage. I know... should know better, but they offered a 30 day guarantee not worth the paper it's written on. I returned 2 dead batteries to them (exchanged) then finally had enough and bought a new battery at Walfart then tried to return the used dead battery and was told no refunds on batteries. There was nothing in writing, nothing on the wall, but when I tried to get a refund the owner of that slop hole threatened me. Go figure.

That is what I call a real sleaze and will NEVER do business there again no matter what. I don't care if my car breaks down directly in front of the place I will never give that sleezewad another penny. I suggest nobody else do business there either.
Va

Comments

Tb
  17th of Jun, 2009
I agree and hope that people will review the comments about this business before throwing away thier money like I did, such a horrble experience with Chris at Dallas County auto salvage. With enough complaints you would think this business would be shut down
Ca
  19th of Jun, 2009
Yep I agree...Chris is a jerk and a scammer..I have been waitng five days for a transmission he said on the phone they had in stock.

Today I demanded my money back...he just looked at me and said "NO" it was an exchange...it appears that since I had brougt back the wrong one he gave me the first day, it was an exchange with no refund...they could not show me where that was written in the sale reciept.

I was just short of going postal on his a--...But being 51, I have learned that type of action solves nothing...I will never ever do business with them again and will tell all I see to BEWARE!