Dairy Queen / praying to the porcelain god after cake

Mr. Kummer, my mother, Angela, forwarded your email, addressed to my sister, Samantha, to me.

When we were children, my grandmother and Grandfather used to drive from out of state to pick up my brother, sister and I so that we could spend some of our summer vacation with them. Being children, we could never wait until half way through the trip because they would always stop at Dairy Queen to get us a treat, and so they could rest a bit. We loved it. Over the years I have taken my children to DQ and paid the higher prices because of the nostalgic memories I have of going to DQ as a child. Unfortunately, because of the literal and figurative bad taste this has left in my mouth, this will no longer be the case.

I am contacting you to say that we are very disappointed in your establishment.

The Elderly woman you refer to is my grandmother. She has gone to Dairy Queen to get an ice cream cake for all of our birthdays ever since she tried one about 2 years ago. She loves them, says she has never had anything so good.

All of this is why the moldy cake and rude treatment has come as such a great disappointment to her.

I understand that ice cream will not mold in the freezer. It was not the ice cream that was moldy, it was the crumbly cookie in the center. I also understand that the cookie portion probably did not mold in the freezer, it is my opinion that it was foul when it was used to make the cake.

This may not have been noticed when the cake was made because the odor was faint until you got a bite close to your nose. It was not visibly moldy, but there was a very pungent moldy flavor.

In your email you stated that you and your staff enjoyed eating the cake we returned. I hope that you are all feeling well. My husband ate a few bites before he got to a portion of the cake that had the foul flavor. It wasn't long after that and he started feeling a little sick. After the short, cakeless festivities, I took him home and he was feeling worse. Shortly after, he was in the bathroom praying to the porcelain god. About an hour after he had evacuated the entire contents of his stomach, he felt much better.

The birthday cake was in fact beautifully decorated and went straight into the freezer after a 10 minute trip from your DQ to my grandmothers house. It was in her deep freeze for about 3 days.

The center could not have molded from being out of the freezer, the entire cake would have melted in the time it would have taken for that to happen.

A gift certificate in the amount of our purchase is in fact a gesture of good will and is appreciated, but, this did us no good in the celebrations of the day. We were not willing to take the chance that the same batch of cookie center might have been used in one of these cakes made so close to the same time.

I am glad to hear that the employee has been disciplined for the rude behavior and that you will continue to train and re-train your employees in customer service. The same with the sanitation issues we described.

I have a hard time understanding why you agree with the sanitation issues but disagree about the state of the birthday cake.

Best Regards,
Kerri & Jim, Josh, Anna, Angela, Samantha, Tim, Margie, Harry, Jody, Randy, Tony, Candice

• chase clem's Response, Jul 09, 2017

Her name was misty

• Moose24's Response, Jun 29, 2018

This place sucks

• Raiyan's Response, Aug 29, 2018

I like eggs within a cake. Same vegan but with egg yolks * quinoa flour.
    For employment hope to see Dairy queen search for more trangendred female e mployeers. I was targeted & fired just because I was two spirited expressions. Hope to see more gendre inlcusiveness with X tended vacation benefits march break 4 months within quebec, Canada & paid sick leave benifits for students etc applying part time @ Dairy Queen.

Comments

• Bb
      6th of Dec, 2008

my local dairy queen has the ugliest cakes ever, it looks like little kids made them, they use to be so nice, now i don't even go in there

• Lo
    Dairy Queen - My order
    Cuyahoga Falls
    Ohio

My order was 100% wrong. Charged for all the wrong things. Then when I got my actual food the ice cream was not ice cream, but a melted puddle of milk. This is quite literally not the first time this has happened to me or others.

Dairy Queen - Dq Dilly bars

My Dilly bar didn't have a swirl FACH DAT SHAT

Dairy Queen - Service
    McAllen
    Texas

Really bad service waited 20 minutes for a blizzard while some other people came in and got the order in less than 5 minutes, ask for my order and still hasn't been made he made it till I ask for it

• Am
    Dairy Queen - Hawaiian Blizzard being cancelled
    Prince George
    British Columbia
    Canada

How can you guys take this blizzard off the menu??!!! That's been around since I was a kid and the only thing I get there. Extremely disappointing Dairy Queen, extremely. It's not like the ingredients are so hard to stock! Please bring it back.

• Vi
    Dairy Queen - Flame thrower burger
    Brookfield
    Wisconsin

I went to DQ at 16:20 and ordered a flamethrower burger. My burger was a soggy, smelly mess of meat. Disgusting!! It did not taste good at all. The lettuce was brown and soggy, so was the meat patty. The food smelled like rotten eggs and tasted like it too.

• Mo
    Dairy Queen - Food and temperature
    Blue Ridge Ga

I went to DQ on Friday June 29 2018 at 11:45 am . The food was terrible I got two chili dogs and onion rings and medium sweet tea and it was over 10.00 the chili was burnt and the onion rings was a joke I was going to get a ice cream but it was so warm inside the restaurant that I knew it would melt this being said I will not be returning to DQ

• Ka
    Dairy Queen - Product and service
    Chilliwack
    British Columbia
    Canada

We went to Dairy Queen because we wanted a little bit of everything. 2 7$ meals with strips drinks and fries. We ordered a combo and upgraded fries to poutine and never got it. I was charged 2$ more for something I never received. This has also happened more then once in several occasions, and also service is friendly, but get the vibe "seriously"

• Kr
      15th of Aug, 2018
    dairy queen grill and chill - food
    Perham
    Minnesota

Snack wrap was tiny. grilled tortilla, and terrible . it was like 6 bites small. it was enough to feed a baby. not adult or teen. also i asked for a treat for my dog and they gave me like a spoonful and charged me $2.00 for that and 2 dipped cones for $3.39 a piece.. it was like 9.00 for two medium dipped cones and 2.00 for a dog treat. Really...

• Li
    Dairy Queen - No lactose free choices

I love dairy queen my kids love dairy queen but I would love it so much more if you had lactose free choices I would love to be able to get a blizzard that didnt kill me after .. I have found lactose ice cream that is good but it's nothing like a dairy queen blizzard!! Please help a girl out here :)

• Is
    Dairy Queen - DQ cakes
    Zimmerman
    Minnesota

I walked into the DQ in Zimmerman and asked to order a cake. First time ordering an ice cream cake for my 3 year old. first time ordering a cake from DQ ever. The worker said to me the book is all over and usually in the back. He said he could not find it and I couldn't order a cake. Is this company for real. It is nothing but a disappointment!!!

• Je
    Dairy Queen - Product
    Murfreesboro
    Tennessee

Earlier today I ordered 3 chili cheese dogs, only received 2 with no cheese. There was barely any chili on them too. The guy didn't flip my blizzard either.

• Ta
    Dairy Queen - Flamethrower
    Macon
    Georgia

There was a hair in my burger. Clearly not mine. Too expensive of a sandwich for a hair lol. And why does it have to be 350 characters... This is a waste of time. I have explained my issue simply and orderly. There is no need to add more. I dont want a hair in my $7 burger. Period

• Re
    Dairy Queen - Buy one get one blizzards
    Davenport
    California

After seeing multiple advertisements for the buy one get one free blizzard promo I visited 3 locations in my area and not one of them were offering this promotion as advertised. I am highly disappointed and dissatisfied

• Co
    Dairy Queen - Blizzard
    Hanwell
    New Brunswick
    Canada

I pay out the nose for a DQ Blizzard, and half of it is just plain iced cream. Spent almost 30 dollars on a few blizzards and they're all half assed. I want a refund and for people serving blizzards do actually try when people are paying out the nose for ice cream.

• De
    Dairy Queen - Dont take burrito plate or mexican plate off menu
    Durant
    Iowa

I was told tonight that the burrito plate and mexican plate will no longer be offered on menu my family and I have enjoyed it for years please dont take it off your menu

Dairy Queen - Poutine
    Hanmer
    Canada

I ordered a poutine and was not at all please. There werd barely any fries. I would like to get what I paid for. It was only about half filled not even. Don't know if I'll ever buy food here again. Third time it has happened. Also, wait time took forever. Not happy with this experience at all.

• Kj
    Dairy Queen - chilli and cheese fries
    Middletown
    New York

this was the worst thing i ever saw.. it wasn't food.. where was the chilli and cheese and fries were really old.. it was really disgusting.. even looking at it only a fool would buy this totally uneatable.. and i love chilli..

• La
    Dairy Queen - Dariy queen
    Columbus
    Ohio

Bad. Customer service

• Je
      20th of Aug, 2018
    Dairy Queen - Cheese burger and fries .
    Billings
    Montana

Both tasted like they were several hours old, we stopped there on Saturday the 17 th, at about 3 pm, while on my way to work, this restaurant is on King Ave East, Billings Montana, very dissatisfied.what more than that needs to be said, long wait, poor food.