DaimlerChrysler - 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee / Trust me, do not purchase a Chrysler product!

I bought a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee new. At 10,000 miles the camshaft fell apart. The fine folks at Chrysler allowed the dealer to put a new camshaft in and only a new camshaft.

These ### were too cheap to even allow the dealer to change the engine oil and/or oil filter. Needless to say, the vehicle never ran right again. It had a miss, rather serious such that shifting between 3rd and 4th gears was so off that the whole transmission felt like it would fall out. The car jerked so hard it would bounce you almost off the seat. (thank God for seat belts!) Any way, for over a year I tried to get this fixed. Because it was "under warranty", it did not matter which Jeep dealer I took it to, (three in total at least 8 different times) they all kept coming back with "there is nothing wrong with it' and/ or we can't find the problem" These fine ### did the same thing on a Jeep Wrangler, which I also had bought new. The Wrangler was parked in the driveway, and one day rolled off the hill over a bank and was totaled. About a month after this happened I got a recall notice on the Wrangler for "defective park brake mechanism which could self release causing unintended movement..." once again, the ### that owns Jeep now refused to pay. I had to sue them before they would make it right. It is a shame that the very name of Jeep which help win WWII has now been taken over by the very Germans it helped defeat. Theese ### are making a living only off the reputation, and are putting out inferior garbage for products. When these products fail, they will do anything to try to dishonor the warranty. Trust me, do not purchase a Chrysler product, you will get cheated. This includes Dodge, Chrysler, Plymouth, and Jeep... they are all run by the same ###. I have owned my last, ever!

Va

Comments

4th of Feb, 2011

This is my 3rd jeep.It will be my last.At 70, 000 miles the windows stopped working.After reading on a few boards about other people that had this problem and how most of the dealers coud not figure it. I read that one person found a broken wire inside the rubber boot on the drivers side.Sure enough that was the problem.At 77, 000 the same thing happened on the drivers side. Something is nort right with the wiring on these Jeeps.I live in Chicago so I think the weather has something to do with it.It happens in the winter so I think the wires contract some or can't hold up to the cold.There should be a recall to replace the wiring in the door.Jeep dealer machanics are nothing but parts changers. You can learn more from the web than these guys.