D2d. LLC / Scam

On June 15, 2009 I had a boy that came to my apartment and knock on my door. He claimed that he was being home schooled and that he was earning money to go off to college and also wanted to earn a trip. All I had to do was buy some magazines. I told him that I did not have the money for that and he left. 2 mins later I had a different boy knock on my door and ask me for a glass of water. He was selling for the same exact thing, the only difference was he told me how to cheat and cancel my order and he would still get the points.
He told me that all I would have to do is write him a check for D2D LLC for $51.00 and then send in this receipt to cancel the order and they would NOT process the check. I even called the number on the back of the receipt to make sure this order would be cancelled. I was told by the woman on the phone that 9 times out of 10 they catch the check and won't process it. I even checked out their website to make sure this was legit, and it did look real!
A month later I get an overdraft charge from my bank that a check for $51 was processed by D2D, LLC! I have tried calling the number but now everything in conveniently disconnected!!
Please whatever you do if one of these door to door boys or girls knock on your door and claim to be selling for D2D LLC magazines turn them away quickly and DO NOT WRITE THEM A CHECK OR GIVE THEM ANY MONEY!! IT IS A SCAM!!!

A  1st of Aug, 2009 by
My husband gave them a check for $48. Not a lot of money, perhaps, but sufficient for a lesson learned.
A  5th of Aug, 2009 by
Same thing happened to me. I guess it can be considered a scam since the way to "cheat their system" does not work! They will cash your check regardless. But at least I am receiving the magazine subscription that I ordered.
A  2nd of Nov, 2009 by
I was in a shopping mall and a guy in his late 30's or early 40's - clean cut in an argyle sweater - stopped and asked me if I listened to the radio. He went on to say that he was with a radio station in Chicago and they were here to raise money for kids with cancer. He asked me if I would purchase a book for a cancer patient, and that I would receive a nice handwritten thank you note from the child. I gave him $20 cash and off he went. I looked at my receipt - he gave me 2 copies - one for my taxes he said. But there was no non-profit number on it. It said D2D LLc. I looked up the company on the internet and got this website!!! Everyone beware - I think the company is getting wise to the "kids earning money for college" scam. Best to look at the receipt first. If it says D2D anywhere, don't give them any money.
A  11th of Mar, 2010 by
As a Deputy I worked a scam case today including the same scam. Selling magazines but purchase them for our soldiers overseas. Fortunally the gentleman found this site and put a stop payment on the check. Same story though, two girls home schooled.
N  13th of Jan, 2011 by
I.M IN lA AND TWO GIRLS DID THE SAME TO ME .they were selling magizine for veterns and sold me $141.00 worth of them. I checked on computer and they are part of a scam Called the vops and stoped payment on my check