D & S Giftware / Mookie Gifts / Corrupt company!

1 503 E. Nifong Blvd #157Columbia, MO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 573-814-1760

I ordered a few items on 11/2/07 in hopes to have them before Thanksgiving when I was visiting my family in New York. I kept checking the order status - no updates. I e-mailed 'Dan' to find out the status and even left a few voice mails - no response. Finally, I sent an e-mail on 11/17/07 to cancel my order because I could not get a response from the company and I didn't know if my order was being processed, on back-order, or lost in cyberspace. Obviously, this company does not monitor e-mails or voice mails because they shipped out one of my items on 11/26/07. My credit card was also billed for the second item I ordered, however it has not been shipped yet according to their web site.

I placed 2 orders with this company on the same morning and sent an e-mail asking if they could be combined to avoid paying 2 shipping costs. They did send an e-mail reply agreeing to this request. However, my credit card was billed twice for shipping, and I haven't even received the 2nd item I ordered.

The item that I did receive was a 'Born to Golf' coffee mug, and the letter f is not crossed in the word Golf, so I've tried contacting them for return instructions since there was no packing slip in the box. And once again, I cannot get a hold of a live person or get my e-mails returned, and they only give a 5 day window for returns from the time you receive it.

This company is the worst I've ever dealt with online. I know they have been reported to the BBB and have an unsatisfactory rating, and I wish I had known that before ordering from them.

To all those online shoppers out there, DO NOT buy from Mookiegifts.com. You may get ripped off, as I feel I did!!

Va

Comments

• Nb
      12th of Dec, 2007

This place appears to be out of business. I placed a xmas gift order in late November. Have heard nothing from them, despite multiple emails to all addressed i could find at their website and telephone messages left.

• To
      17th of Dec, 2007

I had a similar experience. Very disappointing. Ordered in October and have still not received all of the order though it is on my charge card. Not a good place to order from!!!

• Do
      25th of Dec, 2007

Do not order from Mookiegifts.com. Yep... me too... I got ripped off - right in time for Christmas. Ordered online on 12/10, credit card charged on 12/12; have not received initial confirmation email, merchandise, or email response with my inquiry about order. RIP OFF!!

• Th
      15th of Apr, 2008

I ordered from these idiots on March 26, 2008. I received an e-mail confirmation with an order number and THAT WAS IT. There has been no shipping information and NO ONE ever answers the phone or responds to e-mails. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. I have, today, filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I have, so far, not been charged on my credit card, but I call every day to make sure. BUYER DEFINITELY BEWARE!!!

• Li
      26th of May, 2008

I also ordered from this company at the beginning of March, 2008. My credit card was charged almost immediately. I've left multiple emails and voicemails too. The email that I did receive said, "Your order was shipped two weeks ago via USPS. Feel free to call the BBB." Of course, I never received the order and this rude customer service should not be tolerated. I've reported them to the Missouri Attorney General's office and I urge others to do the same. I'm interested in pursuing further action for this criminal operation.

• To
      27th of May, 2008
    D & S Giftware - items not received
    D & S Giftware
    Columbia
    Missouri

I ordered items from said company on 01/04/2007. My card was charged, payment was made but no items were sent.It is now may 2008 and i am still waiting. I have e-mailed, phoned and writtten to the cmpany but have heard nothing. This company should be investigated and prosecuted for ripping off customers.

• Li
      4th of Jun, 2008

I too have fallen victim of a scam. I placed an order on May 5, 2008. My credit card was charged on May 6th and it is now June 4, 2008 and no order has been received. Many emails and phone call attempts go un-answered. The phone number provided is a recording only. Obviously, some one is behind the scenes accepting the money from our orders and laughing all the way to the bank.
    Buyers beware --DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!

• Te
      18th of Aug, 2008

I placed an order to "Mookie Gifts" (D & S giftware)on August 12 and requested "2 day air" delivery. My credit card was charged and I have not recieved my order. I e-mailed "Dan" twice and have not gotten a response.
    My bank will be notified today!!

• Ki
      2nd of Sep, 2008

I too have been ripped off from this company. I have NEVER had this happen to me before and it is extremely frustrating! I placed an order on Aug. 8 for a backpack and lunch box for my daughter to start back to school and of course, have not received anything and have left numerous emails and voicemails. My credit card was charged a week after I placed my order. I am about to report them to the BBB. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!!

3rd of Sep, 2008

I placed an order as well and never received anything. I called my credit card company to dispute the charges. What i don't understand is that their credit card vendor is still doing business with them!!

• Te
      15th of Sep, 2008

I experience the same issue. I received confirmation and never received items. I sent several emails to the company as well as tried to place phone calls and I never received a response.

• Ze
      18th of Sep, 2008

Buyer beware!!! D&S Giftware I have the same issues. Placed an order on their web site, received confirmation, no response to many phone calls and e-mails, haven't seen the items. So sorry I didn't see this site before ordering. Anyone know who these people are? Anyone contacted the Columbia MO BBB? or Police Department? Has anyone filed a FTC complaint?

20th of Oct, 2008

I ordered an item on October 9, 2008 and they charged my card on the 10th. I still haven't received the order and no replies to my emails to "Dan". I cannot find a phone number either. This conpany makes it bad for other online businesses, because I'll think twice before I order something on line again. I only wish I looked at these comments before I placed my order.

• Bo
      6th of Nov, 2008

I ordered on 10/15, some gifts for a friend I needed by Nov 1. My card was charged 10/22 and I have no product and no response from Mookie Gifts. I have called and emailed.

10th of Dec, 2008
    D & S Giftware - items not received
    d & s giftware
    Missouri

scam artists whom amazon.com protects, beware of both companies! amazon will not protect you, they live in denile