D L Ryan Companies Ltd / Fraud and lies

I received letter with instructions, and Check for $4, 995.00 with which to evaluate a place called MONEYGRAM and pose as a potential customer sending $4, 440.00 to Julian and use my last name.

Now when I received this letter, I knew immediately it was a scam because of the Check that was included. Many people who know the code at bottom of checks which detail banking institution-account number then check number. Those who don't should be aware. The check I received showed Check number as Bank institution number. First indication check is no good...

The envelope that came with letter was mailed from Canada. Something mailed from another country with a united states company should be a signal as to fraud or scam.

I am sending this to let you know I received it and hope you can catch these guys.

Is there anyone I should turn this letter into, contact authorities in my town or just shred it?

Thanks for your time.

Si

Comments

• Li
      17th of Mar, 2009

I received the same letter and called my Attorney Generals office and they told me to take the letter back to the post office as they were investigating these people as it was a scam. I Googled the bank right off the bat and it doesn't exsist. I also called their office and they told me that I requested information about the "Mystery Shopper Program" which I had not. DO NOT CASH THAT CHECK