Cypress Creek Pools / Backyard nightmare

1 6635 Spring Cypress RoadSpring, TX, United States Review updated:

Cypress Creek Pools is terrible. They started my pool in February. After two months they worked on my pool a total of five days. They left me with a g unite shell and a mess in my backyard. I filed a complaint with the BBB and was threatened with a liable lawsuit by the owner for doing so. I know of three other people in the same situation, some have not had their pool finished in over six months. After the owner threatened me if I did not continue to pay him I had to hire a lawyer. The lawyer did a background search on the company and found out some interesting information. Based on this information I was able to make the contract void. They have $30, 000 of my money. The plumber that CCP hired to rough in my plumbing has contacted me to inform me that he has not been paid by CCP for his work.

I would not recommend this pool company to anyone. They will only leave you a "backyard nightmare". Contact me if you want more information or some help.

Va

Comments

23rd of May, 2008

The story you are getting here is totally wrong. You are hearing a one-sided story of an individual who for his own reasons is on a mission to destroy our company. First of all the reason Cypress Creek Pools did not move forward with his job is customer refused to make the next payment on his pool. We started the work, customer promised he would make his payment and he didn't. Customer was in breach of his contract. Plumber has not gotten paid because of not doing the plumbing correct on this job. He was asked to go back and correct, he didn't so he has not been paid. Customer informed us through his lawyer that he did not want us to finish his pool. We did answer our BBB complaint.

As a business owner and an indivdual I understand the need for these complaint boards but they can also be damaging to a company when the facts are not presented correctly. This customer has waged out an all out war with us to get on every complaint board possible on the internet to slander us with only his side of the story. This customer is an ER Doctor l I would hate to have him working on me knowing that he is such a vindictive person.

• Ky
      8th of Jul, 2008

I agree they have gone downhill fast. We had a pool built by them in 2003 and had been happy until we recently I contacted them for a warranty repair. Our plaster has deteriorated badly and needs repair and/or replacement. It is covered under their 5 year warranty. I have called over 10 times in the past 6 months and I always get the runaround. My complaint to the BBB was also ignored. My next step is to file a lawsuit in small claims count. So sad, they used to have a reputable business. I would avoid CCP.

• Ky
      21st of Jul, 2008

I just received a reply from the BBB that said they are no longer in business as of July 7th, 2008. I called their number and a message said they no longer have maintenance or service divisions but if you want a bid for a new pool to leave a message! LOL!! So they'll be happy to build you a pool but they won't maintain or provide warranty service for it!!! What a joke!!!

• Fa
      29th of Jul, 2008

I am the person who posted this original complaint on the complaints.com website. It appears someone named Roman has copied my complaint and posted it on this website.

Either way CCP never finished my pool. I subcontracted the remainder of the pool myself. They took about $30000 for doing about $10000 worth of work. I also enjoyed Margaret's reply to the original complaint. Does she really think you can steal $30000 dollars from someone and they wont do anything about it?

I am looking for other unsatisfied customers of CCP to file a lawsuit against them and to file with the attorney generals of Harris and Montgomery County. Please contact me through this link if you want help or are interested. I currently have five clients of CCP that have had the same problem I did. I am sure there are many more and I look forward to hearing from them.

They claim to be out of business but don't believe them. Cypress Creek Pools LLC has been forfeit in the state of Texas for some time now, but they continued to operate under this name. This means that Cypress Creek Pools LLC does not have legal rights in the state of the Texas. In addition they have lost all the legal protection an LLC affords them. Therefore the owners of the company could be held personally liable for any damages you have sustained.

• Po
      3rd of Jan, 2009

Do not do business with these liars. I worked for them a few years back and had to quit after they we're not paying my taxes. I'm not the only one that turn them into the IRS. It's a failed company and already has gone out of business. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THE SMITH FAMILY!...they're a bunch of liars! FYI, they past a bad check at one dist. and their credit was revoked at another.