Cynergy Data LLC / Cynergydata is a scamm they ripped us off $2,000

We too are going through a similar issue with this Cynergy Data. A lady by the name of Christine was managing our cancilation.

To get you all up to speed with our situation. We originally signed up with SmartPayment Solutions in October of 2008 and in the begining everything was fine until we started to notice extra charges being run through our connected bank of america account. We were using SmartPayment to process our ACH transactions and a company called EquityCommerce (Another scam company) was processing the credit card transactions. When we went to confront SmartPayment about the issue they were friendly and tried there best to resolve the issue and they even gave us the contact information for the Credit card proccesor ( Equity Commerce ). So we contact Equity Commerce and they told us that we didn't even have an account with them. I was furious and thought that it was Smart Payment Solutions who was at fault. Come to find out it was Equity Commerce who made the error. Equity Commerce moved our account to CyneryData with us even knowing they stated because it was hi risk.

We contacted CynergyData to close the account and get all remaining credits released from the account. The main issue was that we processed a card for 2, 000 dollars through a virtual terminal in January 09 ( over eight months ago) they stated that because the site was not live we could not get access to the money because of risk of charge backs. Well i contacted Visa which was the card type of the 2, 000 transaction and they have a limit of 120 days before anyone can report a fraudulent transaction we were well over that time limit. Till this this day they are giving me the run around and not canceling the account. I faxed in a letter with the information they required on it for cancelation but then they said that my signature was not on the original contract so they could not process it. They also lied and said that they left several messages for me to inform me with that news but I never received any calls from them. Up until the date of this letter they still are holding my funds and collecting interest on it on there end. The funds are probably in a high interest bearing account that they own.

Guys do not use CynergyData ( Cynergy Data) www-cynergydata.com they are scams!!!

Also Equity Commerce is an affiliate to CynergyData as well as Solveras Payment Solutions - www.solveras.com and they use CynergyData as their credit card processor. We are now going back to Authorize.net where we have our other gateway accounts setup under. I am so upset that we had to learn the hard way but I am writing this to warn others of these horrible companies.

Ja

Comments

• Aj
      7th of Nov, 2009

They will also tell you that your signature does not match the original contract, that is the one they pulled with me. SO the cancellation was delayed.

If you do sign a contract request thtat there is no cancellaiton fee, at least if the location closes or is sold.

19th of Nov, 2011

I WILL POST THIS ON AS MAY WEBSITES AS I CAN SO OTHER SMALL BUSINESSES ARE INFORMED AND ARE SAFE FROM THIS TERRIBLE COMPANY. Cynergy Data is the worst company that our business has ever worked with. Everything was great for a year or so when we started our account. Then the fees started getting tacked on to our bill. Some fees were even getting taken out by a company we never did business with (but appearantly Cynergy did)...Charge.com. Then we couldn't get a hold of anyone at Cynergy in a timely manner. I waited 30 minutes to an hour numerous times before I could get thru to someone. Sometimes I just got put into voicemail for a "customer service manager"; who never returned any of my calls. After we finally got sick of the fees and the bad customer service, we cancelled our acct, ...because our contract stated we could...if we cancelled within 30 days of being notified of a new fee that we disputed. Since we couldn't get thru to a real person to cancel our account, I sent letters to the ISO in Chicago, the corporate office of Cynergy, and the bank working with Cynergy (Wells Fargo) to cancel our account. I also closed our business bank accounts so they couldn't rip us off with additional fees anymore. So what did Cynergy do?...they sent all of my personal information and business information right to a collections agency threatening to ruin my person credit (and I have an excellent credit score). So, I've now paid another month of Cynergy service fees for the month after cancelling my account. Plus, Cynergy is trying to collect $495 as a cancellation fee...which according to my contract, should have been negated since I cancelled because I disputed increased fees. So now, if I don't pay this, my personal credit will be damaged. A FEW WORDS FOR YOUR SMALL BUSINESS…… STAY FAR AWAY FROM CYNERGY DATA, CHARGE.COM, AND ANY OF THEIR AFFILIATES. DON'T MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE OUR BUSINESS DID. CYNERGY IS A DIRTY, TERRIBLE COMPANY.THEY HAVE HIDDEN CHARGES, TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, AND MAKE IT EXTREMELY DIFFICULT TO GET OUT OF THEIR CONTRACTS (TRAP). THEY ARE A RIP OFF AND A SCAM.