Cymaxstores / furniture

1 Canada Review updated:
Phone: 866-740-9830

Cymax Stores is not your friend.

The furniture they sell is junk

They will promise to fix it over and over again and do not follow through.

You and your family would be better off buying your furniture from Wall Mart.

The Master bedroom set we purchased from Cymax is falling apart.
The glue is failing, the paint/stain is peeling and what we thought was going to be a wood bedroom set is all plastic.
The only thing I wished I did before spending $10, 000 with these guys was to check them out first.

If I had there would have been a chance they would have gotten me as another victim to add to their seriously growing list of customers.

My advice, you would be better off with a sleeping bag and a few milk crates to sit on or find another dealer.

The following are a series of correspondents fill with empty promises:

1. The Order(s)
Thank you for ordering from Cymax Stores.

We are currently processing your order and will notify you when it has shipped. Please review your order confirmation to make sure that we have your correct address and phone number, and that the items on your order are all exactly what you wanted to order. While we strive to provide great service, please note that shipping and delivery dates are estimates. This transaction will appear on your credit card statement as CymaxStores.

Your Order # : VRC121-1747021 Order Date: Mar 11, 2010 16:59:06 PM

Credit Card

Description Quantity Unit Price Sub Total

AICO Cortina Nightstand in Honey Walnut

Shipping: White Glove Platinum (Free!)
Update
$839.00 $1, 678.00

Description

AICO Cortina Sleigh Bed in Honey Walnut Finish
• Size: California King

Shipping: White Glove Platinum (Free!)

Update
$2, 157.00 $2, 157.00

AICO Cortina Leather Bedside Bench - Honey Walnut

Shipping: White Glove Platinum (Free!)
Update
$699.00 $699.00

AICO Cortina Dresser with Doors in Honey Walnut

Shipping: White Glove Platinum (Free!)
Update
$1, 679.00 $1, 679.00

AICO Cortina Mirror in Honey Walnut

Shipping: White Glove Bronze (Free!)
Update
$639.00 $639.00

Sub Total $6, 852.00
Shipping Free!
Sales Tax $0.00
Total $6, 852.00

Important Notes
1. Please note the shipping methods of your order, so that you will know what to expect on delivery. If you order items from different manufacturers they will ship separately, and may arrive with different carriers. If you will not be accepting the order yourself, please notify the recipient of our policies and procedures. If you have any questions or concerns about shipping, please contact customer service.

2. If you are receiving a Back of Truck or White Glove shipment, and the boxes or items for your order are damaged, it is very important to note this damage on your shipping documents. If this damage is not noted we may not be able to send you replacements for your order. If you do not have time to inspect the order write ‘RECEIVED – NOT INSPECTED’, and inspect the items as soon as possible. Please notify us within 48 hours of any problems with your order after arrival.

3. Please do not refuse your order under any circumstances. If your order is refused, it will significantly increase the time required to provide you with replacements. If the manufacturer determines that your issue can be fixed without sending you complete replacements, it may be necessary to redeliver your order. A fee may be payable to the carrier for this service at their discretion.

4. In certain circumstances we may hold your order for up to 24 hours in order to verify your shipping information if your shipping address does not match the address on your credit card. This is for your protection as a consumer and to prevent fraudulent activity.
Important Shipping & Delivery Instructions
White Glove Bronze
Delivery to the threshold of your home (garage, front entrance etc.). The product will be kept in its original packaging, and there is no assembly provided with this service. The shipping company will call you in advance to schedule a delivery appointment window, and you must be at home to receive the order. Please note that deliveries cannot be made to a PO Box.
White Glove Platinum
White Glove Platinum service is the highest level of home assembly service. Delivery inside your residence to the room of your choice (includes carrying the product up two (2) flights of stairs from the threshold). The carrier will unpack the product and remove the packaging for you. They will also provide 30 minutes of light setup that requires basic tools (e.g. pieces will be screwed or bolted together, set next to each other, or on top of each other). The shipping company will call you in advance to schedule a delivery appointment window, and you must be at home to receive the order. Please note that deliveries cannot be made to a PO Box.
Review These Products
AICO Cortina Nightstand in Honey Walnut

AICO Cortina Sleigh Bed in Honey Walnut Finish

AICO Cortina Leather Bedside Bench - Honey Walnut

AICO Cortina Dresser with Doors in Honey Walnut

AICO Cortina Mirror in Honey Walnut

2. The 2nd Order
Thank you for ordering from Cymax Stores.

Your Order # : VRC121-1747126 Order Date: Mar 11, 2010 17:04:50 PM

Billing Address
W.T

Shipping Address

Payment Details
Credit Card

Description Quantity Unit Price Sub Total

Shipping: White Glove Platinum (Free!)
Update
$1, 658.00 $1, 658.00

Sub Total $1, 658.00
Shipping Free!
Sales Tax $0.00
Total $1, 658.00

Important Notes

Important Shipping & Delivery Instructions
White Glove Platinum

Dear W.T.
Following please find a tracking number for item(s) on your Order Number VRC121-1747021:
Write a Review of Cymax. Let other customers know about your experience with us. Click here

Tracking Number Carrier
Q16695 Home Direct
You can track the status of this package by clicking the following link:
You can contact Home Direct customer service at [protected] or you can visist Home Direct website at:
VERY IMPORTANT: Please note that the only time a delivery can be refused without penalty is after the package has been opened, inspected for damage and marked "PACKAGE DAMAGED" on the carrier's signing sheet.
It is VERY IMPORTANT to any claim you might need to make that you do not refuse the package before thoroughly inspecting it and its contents prior to signing for delivery. Keep in mind that while the outside packaging appears damaged, the actual contents of your package might have been successfully protected by packing materials inside the container and be perfectly fine. However, if replacement parts are needed, Cymax Stores will send them to you at no charge. For more detailed information, please refer to our Standard Return Policy at http://www.cymax.com/Common/Site/HelpPage.aspx?ID=46#44.
If you have any questions regarding your order or any of our company policies and procedures, please contact us at [protected]@cymaxstores.com.

Damaged goods replacement request. 4/30/2010

Hello W,
Thank you for your order with Cymax Stores. Your replacement request has been received and I have contacted AICO to provide a resolution. If any further information is required in order to proceed with your request I will let you know immediately.
I will be the Resolutions associate personally handling your replacement so please feel free to contact me directly should you have any questions or concerns.

Resolutions Associate
Mon-Fri: 9.00a - 5.30p

2nd Replacement Request 5/4/2010
Hello W,

I just wanted to let you know that I am still working to provide you with a resolution for your defective item. I have contacted AICO for a full update on your replacement request. Once I have received this update, I will contact you via email. We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience it may cause.
Resolutions Associate
Mon-Fri: 9.00a - 5.30p

Resolution 5/12/2010
Hello W,
I spoke with AICO this morning about the status of your replacement request, and I’m happy to let you know that your replacement will be shipping this afternoon. I sincerely apologize for the delay in getting this out the door to you, and appreciate your understanding.
Customer Service Supervisor
Mon-Fri: 7.00a - .3.00p

Still no replacement 5/13/2010

Hello W,
I believe they are shipping a replacement, but I’ve sent them a quick email to verify that.

Customer Service Supervisor
Mon-Fri: 7.00a - .3.00p

Still waiting 9/22/2010

Hello W.

I apologize for the delayed response, as I was out of the office earlier this week on a personal matter. I have forwarded this information to AICO to provide replacements or repair details, and I should have an update for you shortly. Would it be possible to provide a picture of the defect to the bed rails? I don’t know if it’s necessary for AICO, but it would likely expedite their approval (since this is significantly outside of our replacement timeframe).

Customer Care Supervisor
[protected]@cymax.com

10/1/2010
Hi there,

I haven't received word in a few days -- per our previous conversation, is it possible to send pictures of the item? AICO is requesting at least pictures of the bed rails before they can continue with a warranty claim.

Customer Care Supervisor
10/4/2010
Hi
Thank you for your order with Cymax Stores. We have received your replacement request and understand that the Bed Rails are unfortunately damaged. I apologize for any inconvenience caused.
To better assist you with your request we ask that you please provide photographs of the issue with your item. This will help us determine the extent of the damages and resolve this issue for you in a timely manner. It does help to provide a variety of pictures taken from various angles and distances. When these photographs are obtained please send them directly to me via email.
We greatly appreciate your assistance with this matter and look forward to your response.
Alistair.k
Cymax Stores Inc.
www.cymax.com

Hi W, 10/15/2010
Thank You for your order with Cymax Stores.
Please be advised that we are unable to proceed with your Replacement Request without further information. We have attempted to contact you via email and phone regarding this matter.
Please note that your replacement request will be archived until we receive the pertinent information, and that parts or full unit replacements may be denied if we do not receive the necessary information within 14 business days from the date of delivery of your product.
Please do contact us within this time frame and we will be happy to re-open your request for you. We look forward to your prompt response.
Alistair.k

This was the final correspondence From Cymax
Cymax Stores Inc.
www.cymax.com

They do not plan to replace or fix this product

We need to stop these type of Companies fro stealing from us.

WT,
Monument CO

Wt

Comments

• Va
      4th of Dec, 2008
    Cymaxstores - Sent to wrong address
    CymaxStores

They had wrong address, as soon as order went through I noticed they had my old address. So I was given the opportunity to put in that change with the order, so I emailed them giving my new address telling them I had moved. I even called and spoke with a rep the next day to make sure they got my message and I confirmed that I moved and gave the rep the correct mailing address. One week had passed I got a call from the person that now lives in my old house that he got a package for me. I called cymax and told them what had happended and etc. They said they would send ups out to get it and resend to me at their expense. However I just found out on 11/20/08 no one came out to pick it up. So I called cymax again expressing my fustration with them and ect. Told them I do not want the product and to please refund me. The person I spoke with said she would research it and get back to me. She called me back in about 20 min and said she talked with her supervisor and he will refund me the money. I asked about picking up the package she said supervisor will call me, which he has not called and furthermore the money that I used to pay for the product was in a bank account that I had closed over a week ago. It was paid by a debit card so they got my money and they are not reponding to my requests at all.

11th of Jul, 2009
    Cymaxstores - overcharged
    Jack A. Waugh
    7913 Livingston Dr.
    Knoxville
    Tennessee
    Phone: (865) 582-6922

I purchased an Electric Fireplace foe $599.99 Total price

I was charged that, then they charged another $18.00. I was not told of any additional charges.

They owe me a refund.

• Ki
      6th of Sep, 2009
    Cymaxstores - Awful overall
    cymaxstores.com

Never order furniture online! Especially from Cymax. We got two items as a matching set, a love seat and a chair. The loveseat was broken/falling apart. They want to charge us half the cost of the chair to "return" it even though we bought them as a set. These items were delivered a month ago and they made us hold onto them and they just told us to "dispose of the loveseat as we see fit". Um, I have to drag it down two flights of stairs?? They have been taking up our living room while we wait to buy furniture that actually WORKS! are you kidding? This company is awful, terrible at returning emails and calls and just awful overall.

• Ra
      7th of Sep, 2009
    Cymaxstores - False Advertising
    Tacoma
    Washington

Order an Oak Woold TV Stand -when received was dark cherry. Seller or Manfacturer do not seem to care.
    Just want your money. Can send back but libel for shipping etc costs. They do not care if you are not
    satisfied just want your money. Would have kept if right color and believe a full refund should apply.
    Buyer Beware and would not do business again with this company.

• Sp
      11th of Dec, 2010

Lets be honest here: Before I buy anything online I always check with the BBB of course all the stuff looks nice and pretty in the pictures, but seriously how do we know what its made of, where it comes from and what the shipping and return policy is? Alot of the places that sell these products are rinky dinky places that will take your money and run and give you bad stuff. Cymax is the worst of them all. Ive had this place thoroughly checked out before I even purchased anything from them. Both the attorney general and the BBB werent thrilled with them. Also, home direct 3rd party company need I say more about this. All 3rd parties should not exist in my opinion and should be banned. I work 3 jobs and order things offline myself because I dont have time to go shopping. I always make it a habit to check the complaints filed on the BBB site and if there are a ton I dont buy from that place. Ive been ripped off as well and started to check. Good luck online shoppers

• Am
      15th of Mar, 2012

I ordered something almost 6-7 weeks ago.. (I've lost track how long) I spent over $700 for a table and it never showed up. I canceled about 10 days ago and NOW they are trying to deliver it... Well it is too late now, my husband has ALREADY been deployed and I am about to find me an attorney and sue them for a lot more than just the table. I am 5 months pregnant so I won't even be able to pick up the marble table, let alone put it together!!!

See you guys in court!!!

• Sh
      14th of Sep, 2016

On March 11 2016, we placed an order of table set with Cymax store on Amazon for $350. It was delivered around March 20 2016.

In late April one of the bolts came off from the chair. We assembled it back. A few days after the bolt came off again. We assembled it back again. This kept occurring for a couple of weeks until we realized that the bolt and socket are faulty.

We contacted the seller Cymax requesting a refund for the defective product. On June 6 2016, Cymax rejected our refund request citing the ’30 days policy for refund’. We had no choice but to accept their offer of a replacement.

On July 28 2016, Cymax emailed us to confirm that a replacement is to be with us between 29 Jul 2016 and 04 Aug 2016.

On August 7 2016, we emailed Cymax to enquire the whereabouts of our replacement. Cymax replied that the replacement cannot be processed until September 12th due to back order.

We complained to Cymax for the poor service we received. Their reply was simply ‘we were not aware of the backorder’

Now six months later, the product is falling into pieces with other bolts came off. We have received neither the quality of the product nor the service. We kept chasing Cymax for update but all we received is repetitive automated emails.

As a customer, we feel we have been treated like a fool.