Cymax / receiving damaged item

1 CA, United States

I purchased a dresser from Cymax and the dresser arrived at my house damaged. The delivery company Cymax uses could not deliver the item durning hours I am at home, as I work for a living. So, I had to agree to let the delivery company deliver the item while I was not at home and leave it at my door. When I came home and opened the contents, I discovered the item had been severly damaged. I then called Cymax and asked them to come pick up the damaged goods and refund my money or replace the item. Cymax then told me that because I did not sign for it, they could not refund my money or pick up the item unless I paid $175 restocking fee and and a $300+ shipping fee.

Here are there exact words " We would like to assist you by arranging for the necessary replacements to be sent. Regrettably, since the damage was not signed for or noted on the waybill, Cymax is unable to provide replacements free of charge".

People, these guys are unethical and have less then honest buisness practices. They are a Canadian company...which would explain a lot!

I called AMEX and they attempted to contact Cymax to resolve the issue and Cymax never responded to AMEX. As a result, my card was credited back.

My advise to you is to contact your CC company as soon as you think you are being scammed and have them charge back the amount.