Cymaxawful company

I am still shaking from just thinking about this company. I am an interior designer and have ordered from hundreds of stores and have never had the service from a company as I have had from this company. It took me 6 MONTHS to get a bunked delivered from them. I can't even begin to type everything that has happened but their customer service is TERRIBLE their management *** and they lie, lie, lie! I have been promised repeatedly that I will get a discount for all of the problems they caused me and I am still getting the run around. They do not understand the value of their customers. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM.

Comments

• Gr
      Sep 05, 2008
    Cymax - Worst customer service
    Boston
    Massachusetts
    www.cymaxstores.com

Do not buy from these people- they are the worst, most unprofessional company I have ever done business with. I purchased a large desk from "Computer Desks and More, " one of the many internet companies they do business under (probably so that no one associates that business with all of the numerous complaints about Cymax.) I paid for the "white glove" delivery service. The desk arrived badly damaged. I documented everything in the manner Cymax asked, right on the delivery receipt. The company told me that they might be able to repair the damage, so I should accept the delivery and that they would send me another if it couldn't be repaired. I took photos and sent them right away. The people I dealt with were very friendly & nice and told me they'd send another unit ASAP. Great! I made a mental note that these people were fair and reasonable. When the delivery company called to set up the delivery of the new desk, I reminded them that the old, damaged unit would need to be removed. They told me they couldn't do that without Cymax authorizing it. I emailed Cymax and they told me to give the unit to charity. I said "fine, I'll do that" but I have no way to move this huge 200 pound desk from my daughter's bedroom on the second floor of my home- obviously, they were responsible for moving the damaged unit, right? How could this be my responsibility to pay for or arrange? This was the minimum they should do given the delay and aggravation. That was the beginning of endless nonsense. Initially, Cymax emailed me that they had asked for and received a quote from the moving company for removing the unit and would get back to me. I never heard from them again. I made repeated calls & emails trying to get them to follow-up to let me know what was happening. No response. When I called the moving company they told me that Cymax had never ever asked them for a quote and had, instead, told them that they wouldn't pay to have them remove the old unit. I ended up having to hire movers to remove the old damaged unit. Moral of story: Do not make internet purchases from companies that do not have established histories with good customer service feedback.

• Ba
      Jun 01, 2009
    Cymax - Awful Service

I didn't google this company before I ordered, unfortunately...otherwise I wouldn't have ordered from them. I placed an order for a bunk bed for my daughters the beginning of May. When we didn't receive any information on the tracking or whereabouts of the bunk beds (after 2 weeks) we called and asked for some information as to what was happening. The could not find our tracking info or any info for that matter (except our credit card number, of course) and promised to call us back the next day when they figured it out. Surprise, surprise-they never did. So, I called them back again after a few days of nothing. They then told me the exact same thing and when I tried to cancel my order they told me it would take a few days for them to refund the purchase. What a frustrating ordeal!!! Not only was my money taken and no product given, my kids have been sleeping on mattresses on the floor, which isn't that bad, but the room is in disarray and my life is hectic enough. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!! THERE ARE MANY OTHER STORES ONLINE THAT OFFER JUST AS CHEAP OR CHEAPER PRICES!!! GO THERE, AND HOPEFULLY, WE CAN MAKE THIS COMPANY SEE HOW AWFUL THERE SERVICE IS.

• Ml
      Aug 26, 2009
    Cymax - Three weeks and still not received correct order
    Colorado

I ordered a desk and two shelves from Cymax several weeks ago. The day I received my order I donated my old office furniture and began assembling the new. When I got to box two of the desk it was a different color than the other part of the desk and from what I ordered. I called them and they indicated they would send out the replacement order on Monday. Three weeks later I still have no office furniture, get a complete run-around everytime I call. I have contacted my credit card company and am disputing the charges.

This is the worst customer service I have ever received in 39 years. DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY.

• Ju
      Sep 24, 2009
    Cymax - Misreprsentation of Product
    21586 Atlantic Blvd, Suite 140
    Sterling
    Virginia
    Phone: [protected]

They mis-represent the quality of their product and return policy. After observing their add and read a discription of their product as being constructed of wood, not press board or "wood like", but as wood. we called and spoke to a sales person whom stated yes the construction is wood and that if we are not satisfied with the product there is a policy that it can be returned due to the simply us not being satisfied with the quality of the product. We placed the order for about $800.00. After about three weeks the furniture, if you can call it that, arrived and we realized what we had purchased. We contacted the company and after dealing with personel advising that the product was as represented, finally spoke with someone who advised that they would E-Mail us the return procedure. Two weeks later after numerous contact with the company someone finally E-Mails the return procedure, which advises us that since we are not happy wuth the product we now must pay not only the return shipping, but the initial shipping, which was advertized as "Free" along with their "Re-Stock Fee". In all if we return the product they will only refund about half of the purchase price, even though the product is still boxed as we received it. Again we contact the company and work our way through the maze of personel only to continue to be told about the return policy. That brings us to attempting to ship the product back via "Fed Ex" whom delivered the product. "Fed Ex" was contacted and advised due to the weight they can't ship it. So in the end we are forced to accept a mis-represented substandard product from "Cymax". I guess this is a hard lesson learned regarding internet companies.

Nov 10, 2009
    Cymax - Cheap product
    Missouri

I purchased a shoe cabinet from Cymax. It took 3 weeks to receive and when it came the pieces don't even match. The doors are the only thing received in the oak color I ordered! Wish I had seen these complaints before I ordered!!! If you are thinking of ordering from this company, don't! Product is very cheaply made, colors don't match and price is inflated for what you get. Will never purchase from them again. Also tried to cancel when the order did not ship when promised and they would not even reply to my request! Cabinet was to be a gift, but arrived too late. I guess I purchased extremely high priced firewood!

• Bg
      Dec 17, 2009
    Cymax - damaged item
    CYNMAX

Ordered and recieved an entertainment unit. Upon opening the box, saw that the TOP was damaged. Notified CYMAX immediately and sent photos of damaged part. Over the past 15 days have spoken to 7 (seven) different reps to get the piece replaced. It has been one promise after another after another and all are lies. Nothing has been done. The reps are all polite and tell you whatever you want to hear and do nothing. Will put the item in dispute with my credit card company.

• Sc
      Dec 24, 2009
    Cymax - Shipping
    Oregon

Ordered an item on the Cymax site and was promised it would ship within 2-3 days, and that 25 of the items were in stock. After a week with no tracking information, spent an hour on the phone with a Cymax representative (who was very nice, just unfortunately working for very bad people). He finally told me that the item was now backordered 45 days. I asked if Cymax would have called to tell me, and he said no. Apparently, I was supposed to spend $500, and then wait 45 days without hearing anything from the company that charged my credit card. I put in a cancellation request - but now get to wait until Tuesday to maybe hear back. So, I have no gift for my girlfriend, no money to buy one until Cymax returns my $500, and I wish I had read about this company before I bought. DO NOT BUY FROM CYMAX!!!

• Tj
      Jun 03, 2010
    Cymax - Horrendous customer service
    Canada

I placed an order on 5/15. It never got shipped. I called countless times, and emailed. Despite their promises to check on the status, they never called me back. My emails got responded to with a survey. They told me it was going to be shipped on 5/28. It never was. When I called to cancel the order, they told me they couldn't cancel until they knew whether the manufacturer had shipped it or not. The manufacturer apparently didn't return their calls, so I couldn't cancel because I was going to be charged if it had been shipped. I needed the item, but couldn't order it elsewhere until I heard back from the Cymax staff. Finally, on 6/3, I received confirmation the item had never shipped and I could cancel. This was the most horrendous shopping experience I've ever had, other than with Discount Pet Meds, also a Canadian company. I wish I had researched them before placing this order. They are an awful company to deal with.

• Lo
      May 13, 2011
    Cymax - Terrible shipping
    cymax.com

I ordered a product on a Friday, and it said it would ship in 3-5 business days. A week and a half later I called to track it and they hadn't even shipped it yet! This is unacceptable. They said the manufacturer "should" be shipping it the next day. Three days later it finally went out. I have yet to receive it, so we will see how the quality is.

• Wo
      Sep 03, 2011
    Cymax - Damage computer desk
    Florida

I waited seven days for my office furniture to arrive. When it came two out of four boxes had multiple damaged pieces. Call Cymax right away and had to wait for two hours to talk to customer service. They put in a came and sent me an e-mail; nevertheless, I haven't heard from them since. They are very unprofessional with poor customer service. It has been five days since I put in the complaint, I am still waiting, in the mean while all my old office furniture and computer are scattered all over my living room. Word of wisdom, do not buy from these poorly trained people with nothing in my but ripping consumers like me and you off.

• Am
      Mar 20, 2012

Starting a civil suit, contact [protected]@yahoo.com