Cylon LLC / Theft thru Cellphone Text Messages

Cylon LLC
15333 N Pima Rd Scottsdale, Arizona USA 85260-2783
Phone: (888)351-6703
I believe it started when i received an unsolicited Text Message(or make that two).
Thinking they were from either my wife or daughter, i opened it, just to find that it was some advertising for some game codes, or something to that effect.
I didn't select or click on anything. I don't believe i even scrolled all the way down the text, just saw the first lines.
Then several weeks later, I got a charge on my Virgin Mobile phone. $9.99 for this supposed service I had chosen, and signed up for.
I don't have internet access on my phone, and I don't give out my cell number.

This is a blatant THEFT, that I've seen has been done to more people, since i've been searching about this company Cylon LLC.
This is a criminal act, and the frustrating part is that they keep doing this to other unsuspecting people, without being held accountable for what they do.

Hopefully this company of CRIMINALS can be stopped, and placed where they belong... JAIL

A  7th of Feb, 2009 by
we have similar reports in Germany. We would love to learn more about Cylon LLC and their practises.

This is the Cylon family:
N  7th of Feb, 2009 by
Received charges on my cell bill from this company after getting a text message
A  16th of Feb, 2009 by
I just received my bill and saw $9.99 charged to my account for Cylon LLC, this is madness. How can they get away with this? Consumers should not be charged when cell phone users get spammed with a text message that was unwanted. Totally wrong, what can we do, I can't spare ten bucks right now.
A  20th of Feb, 2009 by
This company is criminal and should be ashamed of themselves for doing this. This company is taking advantage of kids by assuming that they would automatically be interested in "gaming cheat codes". How dare they... They send a spam text message and as soon as it's opened, the charge goes to your cell phone bill. Calling the number above, I spoke with a representative named Kelly. She confirmed that there were charges being made to our cell phone bill. If I were to email or fax my bills to her, she claimed that the charges would be refunded. She stated that there is no known actual mailing address in order to send copies of the bills. The recording does say to go to www.cancelalerts.com in order to stop the spam texting.

I will be sending copies of the bills to the Scottsdale, AZ address (although Kelly said she doesn't know if that will work), reporting this to our state's Attorney General's office and sending off a quick email to our local television station who love love love to report on scams.
A  8th of Mar, 2009 by
I too have been charged $9.99 on my Sprint bill with Cylon LLC as the company making the charge. Sprint says they cannot refund me the charge - but can block the number. I had already blocked it as soon as it came it and I too did NOTHING but delete the text message after I saw its number. I do not give out my number, do not use text messaging and want to know how Sprint can "accomodate" a third party biller without knowing who they are. If there is an Attorney General out there I can complain to I will.
N  10th of Mar, 2009 by
The same thing happened to me. Did not immediately noticed the charge but when I try to reach to this company it has proven impossible. I finally called my phone provider and had them put a block on this type of scams. Apparently they were quite familiar with Cylon.

Something MUST be done to stop this scammers - highway robbery!
A  10th of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I recently came across a charge for this company, Cylon LLC, on my company's AT&T cell phone bill for $9.99. This was unsolicited - the cell phone number it was charged to did not opt-in for any kind of service like this. I called the 1-800 number and got a recording saying to "state my name & complaint." Haha...what a joke. I told them my company's name & followed with..."It's not like you're going to call back anyways, because your company's a scam." How are services like this allowed to exist, and more importantly, how do legitimate phone services like AT&T allow these deceiving practices to go on?? I need answers. I am also filing a complaint with the BBB and the Illinois Attorney General.
A  20th of Mar, 2009 by
We got spammed as well and called AT and T Mobility to complain. Three months worth of Cylon LLC charges were removed from our bill (credited to our account.) Tell your provider. They are familiar with this deceptive company. I am not sure how to keep it from happening again.
A  27th of Mar, 2009 by
We have sprint family plan, my daughter who's phone # this was billed to swore she knew nothing of this company. I then started checking these web sites and have found so may complaints that I am asstounded that the cell companies continue to allow this compay to continue in any fashion. The Cell companies should and more than likely do have the technology to stop this!!!
If anyone has started a class action law suit please include me. I am not sure how you could contact me as I am too worried about further scams to post any e-mail or contact information for myself on here. I will however bookmark this page and return to see if anyone else may be willing to chance putting contact information if you want to start a suit against this bogus company Cylon LLC.
God help us when we can be scammed in this way, with no protection to privacy rights because of the conservative court systems of the past 8 years. Yes I am serious, internet usage is considered by the U.S. Courts as a person should have no expectation of privacy even when you send a private e-mail or have a private on line chat, so thats how these theives get our #'s and e-mail addresses with no legal means of stopping them!!
A  31st of Mar, 2009 by
We were scammed for $9.99 with an additional 9.99 for 2 more months. Carriers should foot this bill. They should be able to control their own network. At the very least, this gives cell companies a bad rep. They should give up the name, location, or some trail to prosecute these fine scammers. I may be looking for a company that is vigilant in stopping this type of wrong doing to their customers.
A  31st of Mar, 2009 by
Carriers should police these matters. They are the ones whose reps are in need of repair. We did not click on any internet or answer any texts which were unknown. We may need a new cell company!
N  31st of Mar, 2009 by
Cylon LLC needs to be outed by AT & T!
A  3rd of Apr, 2009 by
Today I got my cell bill only to fine that the charge of 9.99 had been added to the bill from Cylon LLC. It was not even stated who the charge was from and I had to call my provider to find out who is doing this. My wife never texted any one or answered any thing to recieve this charge. My provider is AT & T and they removed the charge but didn't really have any thing to say about it. AT & T needs to adress this problem along with other phone providers. This Company of criminals needs to be lock away for ever. They are worse that Bernard Madeoff. Many people just pay thier cell bills with out even seeing the bill not knowing they are being charged and CYLON knows this.
If you know of any group that is working on taking action on this ripoff scam, please write me @ my4re54@yahoo.com.
A  11th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I got ripped off by these cellular "somali pirate ###" too but ATT refunded my money(next bill) and put a block on my phone so they can't do it again. I used a trace to find these ### theives and here's the info. I hope the Attorney General of California puts them in jail!!!

515 S. Flower Street
Suite 4400
Los Angeles, CA 90071

Abuse@oversee.net aka thirdpartyrefund.com aka Cyclon LLC aka dirty rotten f*ckers!!!
A  16th of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I also have been getting $9.99 charges on my verizon bill, even tho I have everything blocked. They tell me there is nothing they can do, cant refund me or stop the service. I have been out of work for a year, I am 52 years old and dont suscribe to gaming sites. Its unbeliable how cell phone companies can allow this to happen. I have been trying for 3 months to get rid of this charge. They give you a website, Cancelalerts.com, but when I go there, its a blank page, and no one answers the phone. I left a message to cancel with my cell # and the recording said it would cancel in 24 hrs. I have done that 3 months in a row now.
A  21st of Apr, 2009 by
I just found two of these unauthorized charges on my AT&T bill I received yesterday 4/20/09, After talking to an AT&T rep.
she removed the charges and blocked future calls. I really hope that takes care of it.
After seeing all these comments I am really afraid for people who don't check their bills carefully and pay unknowingly.

These scams must be stopped!!! oldgal in Ks
A  7th of May, 2009 by
I too have fallen victim to the the scandalous and fictitious Cylon LLC company. After opening a text message, $9.99 was debited from my Virgin Mobile account. After two long phone calls to Virgin, in which I expressed my utter disgust at the company for allowing this to happen, they credited me with only 50 texts. Virgin gave me a number to call in order to have the alert cancelled, but I believe that is also a scam. How is it possible that $9.99 can so easily be debited from a phone account? I think the phone companies really need to investigate Cylon LLC further, as a courtesy to all their customers.
N  20th of May, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I have found that when you are online and looking around sometimes you come across those sites that say to enter your name and someone else's name and your cell phone number to find out if you are in love..., well if you do this, they have your cell number, which that company in turn sells your number to other companies to use, and usually somewhere in fine print it will state that by entering your cell number you are agreeing to a numerous amount of offers unless you cancel before the free trial period is up. Well most of us don't even know anything about these charges until long after their so called free trail period is over and usually we only learn about it by seeing that famous 9.99 charge on the phone bill. Alot of those charges are made from going online to game cheat codes sites and you are asked for your cell number on that site for various reasons, and they got you again. Some of the companies will accept a text simply saying "STOP". If you have a cell number that is fairly new, these charges can carry over from the previous owner of that number having that service while they had your now number. And last but not common is a typo online where your cell number is typed instead of the correct cell number of the person who is actually signing up for these services. Most cell phone providers will work with you in having these charges removed, but usually only if you notice it immediately and contact them to verify that you did not authorize those charges. Don't be discouraged if the cell phone customer service tells you there is nothing they can do to remove these charges, this is not always the case. Remember you could be speaking with someone that is fairly new or someone that has limited crediting amounts. If you don't get help with your first call, thank them and hang up...call back and speak with someone else, maybe that person will be able to help. Not all customer service reps are equal in knowledge or crediting procedures. Good luck.
N  22nd of May, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
http://www.cancelalerts.com cancels anything you have subscribed to. No need to complain if you go around spreading your cell phone number on the net.
A  25th of Jun, 2009 by
My 12 year old was just victimized by the same scam. $9.99 deducted BEFORE Cylon sent him 4 texts re: gaming cheats, which he deleted without reading. Before I understood what happened, I contacted Virgin Mobile. While on hold, I googled Cylon and found this and other similar sites. Unlike other posters, I understand that VM is out the money if they refund us. I will take responsibility for pursuing the issue with Cylon or my state Atty Gen. Virgin Mobile instructed us to reply to one text with "STOP." We rec'd an instant response that we wouldn't get further texts from Cylon. We'll see what happens. VM was honest and stated that the Cylon now blocks its phone number and uses a code: 41463. This makes it impossible to block with current technology - or at least VM's tech. The rep assured me that he would escalate my complaint and that there were others. I can't get away with double parking for 2 minutes and this outfit is raking in the cash with seemingly no punishment. Unless we all complain to our respective Atty Generals, this will continue.