CyberPower PC / PC not as advertised, shipped with non-working parts, slow shipping and poor support

1 5175 Commerce DriveBaldwin Park, CA, United States Review updated:

I purchased a high end PC, the CyberPower Gamer Infinity CrossFire(TM) 2900 XT with the Quad-Core Intel Core 2 Extreme QX6850 with Factory OverClocked to 3.66GHz. This is a high end PC with a price of $3, 200.

Price - Poor - The price appears good up front, but is not worth it due to very poor quality control, lack of access to tech support, and slow response from tech support.

Quality Control - Poor - Out of the box one of the two 500 GB hard drives did not work and the processor was not overclocked. I overclocked it myself and confirmed the new settings with Tech Support (so much for being "factory" overclocked). It took two weeks to get a replacement hard drive and then I was charged for the drive and shipping. I expect to get reimbursed for each, but I have yet to resolve this since I just get voice mail when I call.

Delivery - Poor - PC was delivered 3 weeks after I was initially told it would be delivered. I paid extra for 3 day shipping which was obviously a waste of money.

Tech Support - Poor - While the personnel know what they are doing Support is hard to get a-hold of during normal working hours and typically take 3 days to reply when using email (i.e., very slow to respond).

Manuals & Instructions - Poor - I specifically asked for hardware and case manuals when I placed my order and received nothing. If hard copies aren't available then at the very least soft copies should be provided when paying over $3K for a PC.

Va

Comments

18th of Aug, 2009

I Have had very bad experience with Cyberpowerpc. It is very hold to contact their surrport service. WEverytime I need to contact them I have to call several times. I even email them but they don't response untill I have sent at least 10 emails. Avoid this company if you can.

• Bu
      4th of Mar, 2010

I have a simmilar complaint.

I purchased a mid range custom PC at just over $1000.

I agree that the price seemed good upfront, but that it was not worth it due to the very poor quality control, lack of access to tech support and slow responses from the company.

Quality Control - what QA? Seriously, my computer did not even work when i received it, so how the heck could it have passed QA?

Delivery - Poor - my PC was also delivered way after the timeline had suggested and only after I called them several times to inquire about it.

Manuals & Instructions - Poor - I also wanted to make sure i got all the discs and manuals, and was not given all them.

BUILD - I would also like to include something in here about the overall build. the motherboard was not designed for a bottom mounted fan in that the 4pin connector on the MB was located at the very top of the case, and so in order to plug it in from the PSU, they had to stretch the cord to its maximum lenth, and instead of including a 4pin extension cable (at the whopping cost of $3.99) they just let the cord block all of my PCI slots. I specifically ordered an SLI compatable (non specific brand) video card, and received one that wasn't. Also, i purchased an add-on fan and heat monitor, whose wires were not placed near anything usefull, most of them were positioned in the same spot on the back side of the case (on the metal motherboard mount).

If you read this, think twice about purchasing from them, my whole experience with them has been frustrating. If you've built your own PC in the past, and thought they might be a good option... an easier option than building your own PC from scratch again... think twice, and just do it yourself.