CyberDefender / WON'T GIVE MY MONEY BACK

1 OH, United States Review updated:

MY COMPUTER WENT DOWN AND I NO LONGER HAD CYBERDEFENDER ON MY NEW COMPUTER, BUT THEY CHARGED ME ANYWAY. WHEN I CALLED ABOUT THE CHARGE, THE MAN HAD ME ON HOLD FOR 20 MINUTES AND NEVER CAME BACK. I CALLED AGAIN AND THE NEXT MAN TOLD ME THAT I HAD TO CANCEL WITHIN 30 DAYS, AND THE 30 DAYS HAD PASSED. I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW I HAD BEEN CHARGED UNTIL I RECEIVED MY CREDIT CARD BILL . IT SEEMS THAT THEY SHOULD NOTIFY YOU THAT YOUR RENEWAL IS DUE SO THAT IF YOU NO LONGER HAVE A COMPUTER--YOU COULD CANCEL. IT SEEMS PRETTY SHADY TO ME!!!

Comments

• Na
      18th of Feb, 2011

I paid Cyber Defender $405.95 for 3 years of support. I have tried to get a very simple problem solved. I've spent days being transferred from person to person only to be disconnected with absolutely no resolution to my simple problem. I've also tried to get a refund of my money since all Cyber Defender has been able to do is transfer me from person to person and then disconnect me. This is the most incompetent Company I have ever dealt with. If there is anyone out there that has gotten satisfaction from C.D. please contact me. [protected]@comcast.net. I love to know what you did to get any kind of satisfaction. Sincerely, Frustrated in Illinois.

• Ni
      12th of Mar, 2011

Around July of last year I found a charge of $64.97 on my credit statement from Cyberdefender. I called Sears and was told there was an automatic renewal. I got in contact with Cyberdefender and talked to a woman. She said she would cancel my account and send me some rebate forms. I sent the forms in. Nothing. I really didn't expect to. At this point I'm out nearly $65 and I didn't get the product. I will be canceling my subscription my mail and contacting the BBB.