Cyberdefender computer protection / credit card safety and warranty

I bought Cyberdefender's $99.99 1-year protection program, which included one tech support session. Being a new user, I realized I might need more help, so I bought the $199.99 program, a total of 299.98 and was told I would get the $99.99 refunded. The program worked for 1-2 days and quit. I called tech support who kept me on the phone for hours with technobabble that meant nothing to me--I just wanted the program repaired. They repaired it. It worked for 1-2 days and quit and repeat the above. They offer a 30-day satisfaction guaranty, but argue that since I called tech support twice for long talks (not my desire--I had a simple request}, I would not be refunded. I said the warrany is satisfaction and I am not satisfied. This argument went on 1 1/2 hours. First, they said I bought the program in Nov. I bought it Feb. 5, and called to cancel Feb 10. Finally they said they would give me a refund if they could do a system restore back to the 5th. They removed my desktop, gave me back the trojans, changed my clock to military time, and left some of their files on my computer. It now runs very slowly and crashes constantly. I do not have my refund. They claim the case is resolved. They also gave out my credit card number as I learned when I tried to do business for the first time with another company.

A  4th of Mar, 2009 by
I can't find the post from the person who was able to uninstall Cyberdefender. I found my original post. I have only one thing to add. Only 2 people online had my original credit card number: Cyberdefender and Google. But now a lot of people have it. After reading about both companies, I don't know what to think, but am more inclined to suspect Cyberdefender. And I can't do business with those who have it because they say my new number is invalid.
N  4th of Mar, 2009 by
Now I can't find my new post or comment and there is someone here who may be able to help me. My email address is metta.hansen@gmail.com. After cancelling, Cyberdefender left a file on my computer. Finally I let the computer try for 3 hours to uninstall it, then the Cyberdefender Wizard unistalled it. A couple of days later, I got an email from Cyberdender telling me how to repair the program I had cancelled, and without my authorization reinstalled the file and a toolbar, neither of which I can get rid of. My firewall showed me that information was going out to Cyberdefender. That is sypware.

I can do little more on my computer than visit websites and email. Having thoroughly compromised my computer, I am now waiting for my 3d promised refund. The 30-day no questions asked satisfaction guaranty is a guaranty of abuse and even if the program doesn't work, my 2 calls to them to repair the program were put down as help with viruses, and I am supposedly still a customer.

My bank is usually helpful, but closed this case immediately, so I'm out a lot of money on a fixed disability income and I have no program unless this 3d promise is kept.
A  10th of Feb, 2010 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
I say class action lawsuit