CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health / partial refund

1 Greenwood, South CarolinaFree, United States Review updated:

At approximately 8:05 am on Tuesday, May 22, 2018, I purchased a pair of reading glasses for $21.40. I paid with my debit card. Throughout my day at work I noticed that they were not strong enough. The trash (with my CVS receipt) at my job had already been emptied by the time I decided that I needed to return them for a stronger pair. I returned to the store at approximately 7:30pm. As I entered the store, the Manager, Chris, was at the front register. I explained the aforementioned scenario and asked if he could look up my purchase. Chris replied, "Yes, you may go and get the pair you need while I look up that information." I ended up selecting a pair that was $37.45, which I was prepared to pay the $16.05 difference. However, when the cashier rang up my purchase, $21.40 was taken from my debit card. I questioned why I was only given $16.05 credit when I paid $21.40. Chris seemed puzzled but said, "when items have been on sale in the past 2 or 3 weeks and returned without a receipt, it is their policy to return the lower price. I asked for my money back. I was given a CVS card with only $16.05 credit. Chris said that according to store policy, that was all he could do. They profited $5.35 and I have no glasses.I paid $21.40 and I should have been given $21.40 credit towards my $37.45 purchase. In addition, my bank records will reflect that I paid $21.40 and not $16.05. Chris gave me a CVS card with $16.05, but I am entitled to the remaining $5.35. The principal of this matter is what I have an issue with; I want a full refund of $21.40.

CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health

• Updated by Pacquitta, May 23, 2018

They were not on sale when I purchased them that morning, nor were they on sale when I exchange them that same day.

Pa
May 23, 2018

Comments

• Co
      23rd of May, 2018

Anytime you return an item without a receipt you will only receive the lowest price. This is true for all stores, otherwise people would be buying things on sale and returning them for the higher price all the time.

• Su
      23rd of May, 2018

Most stores have that policy. As. CommonSense said, it's to avoid liars/thieves.

• Pa
      23rd of May, 2018

@SubSquirrel I’m not a thief. The pair that I chose to exchange were more.

• Su
      24th of May, 2018

I’m not saying you were. I was just explaining the policy. I believe you.

• Ed
      5th of Jun, 2018

DOLLAR TREE HAS READING GLASSES FOR A DOLLAR!!!

THEY ARE GREAT!!! EXCELLENT QUALLITY!!

I BOUGHT 3 PAIRS!!!,

I USE 2 PAIRS FOR READING

I USED THE TEMPLES FROM I PAIR TO REPLACE THE TEMPLES ON MY FAVORITE PAIR OF METAL FRAMES GLASSES!!

I HAVE REPLACED THE TEMPLE(SIDE PIECES ) ON MY PRESCRIPTION GLASSES MANY TIMES IN THE 18 YEARS, I HAVE HAD
    THESE FRAMES(REPLACED THE LENSES MANY TIMES).
    THE DOLLAR TREE TEMPLES ARE THE STRONGEST AND BEST TEMPLES, I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!
    THATS WHY DOLLAR TREE IS MY FAVORITE STORE!!!