CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health / partial refund
At approximately 8:05 am on Tuesday, May 22, 2018, I purchased a pair of reading glasses for $21.40. I paid with my debit card. Throughout my day at work I noticed that they were not strong enough. The trash (with my CVS receipt) at my job had already been emptied by the time I decided that I needed to return them for a stronger pair. I returned to the store at approximately 7:30pm. As I entered the store, the Manager, Chris, was at the front register. I explained the aforementioned scenario and asked if he could look up my purchase. Chris replied, "Yes, you may go and get the pair you need while I look up that information." I ended up selecting a pair that was $37.45, which I was prepared to pay the $16.05 difference. However, when the cashier rang up my purchase, $21.40 was taken from my debit card. I questioned why I was only given $16.05 credit when I paid $21.40. Chris seemed puzzled but said, "when items have been on sale in the past 2 or 3 weeks and returned without a receipt, it is their policy to return the lower price. I asked for my money back. I was given a CVS card with only $16.05 credit. Chris said that according to store policy, that was all he could do. They profited $5.35 and I have no glasses.I paid $21.40 and I should have been given $21.40 credit towards my $37.45 purchase. In addition, my bank records will reflect that I paid $21.40 and not $16.05. Chris gave me a CVS card with $16.05, but I am entitled to the remaining $5.35. The principal of this matter is what I have an issue with; I want a full refund of $21.40.
Updated by Pacquitta, May 23, 2018
They were not on sale when I purchased them that morning, nor were they on sale when I exchange them that same day.
More CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health Complaints & Reviews
- CVS Pharmacy - missing 90 oxycodone from 150 pill prescription. 
- CVS / Pharmacy - being falsely accused by loss prevention!! 
- CVS - customer service 
- CVS / Pharmacy - mistreatment by manager 
- CVS Pharmacy - not responsiveness 
- CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health - Store Manager, Asset Protection and District Manager
- CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health - pharmacist closing 6/21/18
- CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health - return policy needs to change and it takes to long, no id unless over 10.00 
- CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health - rude remark
- CVS Pharmacy / CVS Health - customer service