CVS Pharmacy #117 / prescription printing

1 MA, United States Review updated:

I was switched to a brand-name medication per my physician because I had had issues on the generic. After I picked it up at the drive-through window, I opened the info pamphlet and saw that the name of the GENERIC was printed. My mom circled back around to the window. The tech confirmed it was the right medication. The next day, my mom called the pharmacy and asked to speak to the pharmacist that had filled the prescription, she wasn't available. She spoke to another pharmacist who gave her some excuse I can't remember. Any and all input welcome

Comments

Cvs Pharmacy #117 - Wrong M.D. name
    CVS Pharmacy
    Massachusetts

When I was going over my dad's meds, I noticed a pill that had been prescribed by the WRONG M.D.! My mom called the pharmacy and got some excuse I didn't buy. Any and all input welcome.

• Po
      19th of Sep, 2010

They could have put the wrong label on it. Call a physician or the search online for what the brand name should look like.

• Po
      19th of Sep, 2010

If the wrong MD wrote it, that sounds like more of the doctor's fault than the pharmacy. Unless there was someone with the exact same first and last name. Like Brenda said, all that matters is the meds. It's possible the pharmacy had to call and verify with another MD.