CVSharrasing manager

I frequently shop at the CVS drug store on 85th street and Lexington Avenue on Manhattans Upper East Side. I have a docile friendly Golden Retriever that I frequently bring into the store with me if I am passing by while walking her. The manager Amir Poloes store 3295 has approached me on two occasions and said no dogs allowed. Then he ignores what he says and lets me shop in the store with my dog. Today February 2, 2011 I went into the store with my dog to purchase a few items and once again he said no dogs allowed. It's a regulation set fourth by the Board of Health. I said how come you have allowed me into the store with her before ? He has even rung me up with my dog in hand and did not say a word.
I asked if I could pick up a few items he said okay. I then asked him for the paper that he has from the Board of Health. He left me waiting while he found the paper. Meanwhile I purchased twenty-five dollars worth of items. He brought me the paper I read it. I told him that he is inconsistent with enforcing this rule. Most of the time he allows me to shop in the store with my dog. He then said oh yeah are you calling me a liar? I said yes I am. I told him to stop bullying me and and remain consistent with the rules. Why am I allowed to shop here with my dog on some occasions and not others I proceeded to ask him? He became hostile towards me and tried to start a fight.See Top 10 Worst Companies in New York, NYI asked him for his Id name and store number to make a complaint. As I was leaving the store I ran into a neighbor that has a dog and asked him if they allowed him in with the dog. He said all of the time and they are so nice about it. He said probably because my dog is small. I then explained the situation to my neighbor. He said then they should not let him in with his dog either. The notice says no dogs doesn't state only small dogs and not big ones can come into the store. This situation needs to be straightened out because it appears that the manager for whatever reason was only giving me a hard time and enforcing this rule only with my dog. As I said he has allowed me in there with my dog and has not said a word. He is inappropriate, inconsistent and a bully. He needs to learn customer service skills and should not be allowed to enforce the rule when he feels like it. He has to enforce the rule with everyone that has a dog. Please do something about him as he is a bully and does not appear to know how to deal with the general public. This is a major part of his job as a store manager. I told him that he cannot speak to me that way ever again. I will not shop there anymore unless I get an apology from him for the way he spoke to me and for being inconsistent when enforcing the rule of no dogs in the store. I know many people that shop there that have dogs and I will make them aware of the situation. I asked him to give me a copy of the notice form the Board of Health and he refused.

Hr

Comments

• Sh
      Feb 02, 2011

Excuse me. I am allergic to dogs and perhaps you should think of other people. Other than seeing eye dogs or assistance dogs it is a general rule anywhere that you just cant carry your pooch in with you . Maybe you should think of others instead of you and your dog or better yet leave him at home if you want to go shopping.

• It
      Feb 02, 2011

He told you to stop, I'm from the board of people not listening to others, and I will show you my papers.

Feb 02, 2011

He is inconsistent and allows some dogs in while others he doesn't . If it is the law than it should be enforced for all dogs. He allows people to carry there pooch in with them. Dogs are cleaner than some people I know you all sound angry and dislike animals. He is dead wrong.

Feb 02, 2011

He may be dead wrong but the fact is the law is the law . I love animals but some of us are allergic and that needs to be thought about before you go shopping with your pet. Some people can sneak a little dog in in their purse, still doesnt make it right. Keep your animals out of the store unless they are assistance animals. I dont want your animals hair, dander or other stuff on my clothes or near my medication. That is why it is part of the Board of Health Rules and Regulations. Atleast with an assistance animal I have no right to complain because that dog has a job to do .

Feb 02, 2011

PS .. if you want to shop with your animal why not just go to the pet store where I am sure that they will gladly welcome him or her without an issue instead of the local drug store?

Feb 02, 2011

Some people are filthier than animals !!!

Feb 02, 2011

What are you an eleven year old? What goes for one goes for all!! Never heard of selective enforcement! Maybe I don't like you!!! You sound like just as much of an idiot as the store manager does !!! Get a Life

• It
      Feb 02, 2011

Let's say someone is trying to kill you, and you kill them in self defense. Now let's say you kill some one because they won't let your dog in their store. Is your plea going to be well I killed someone before and it was okay?

There's no possible way the health department told him that he shouldn't allow pets in there either. And how dare you assume we don't love animals. I love animals and other people even managers at times and respect their decisions because it's not my store after all, it's theirs and I'm not about to invite my pet in their store if that's not want they want.

• Je
      Feb 02, 2011

i feel bad that your being ganged up on. But the facts are the facts. It doesnt matter if the manager has let you "go ahead and shop" with your dog, if thats the main problem complain to hr about his work ethic. However it is a law and everyone has to follow it. That is just the way things go. Ps although your dog may not be vicious some poeple are terrified of big dogs. I have seen a little girl get her hand bitten badly by a "loving" pet that was brought into a rite aid. It is more of a sefty and hygeine issue than a "we just dont like you and your dog "deal.

You are very limited !!

Feb 02, 2011

Who are you ? He allows other dogs into the store and does not enforce the law. You say the law is the law! I don't like you either!!

• Pl
      Feb 02, 2011

If I were him, I would have called the police on you. Who ever heard of trying to bring your dog into a store anyway?? Unless of course it is a service dog.

Feb 02, 2011

Many people in the city bring there dogs into stores. perhaps somebody needs to call the police on you !

Feb 02, 2011

I surely would not bring you into a store !

Feb 02, 2011

Who do you think you are ? One who tells someone to grow up is one that needs to grow up or shut up !

Feb 02, 2011

HRL - ok you've gone stark, raving mad and made this a personal attack. The fact is you were shown the code that says dogs are not allowed . So it is a simple fix . dont bring your dog back into that store and if you see someone with a dog in that store, if you choose to go back then call the health department right then and complain Then call the general manager, the number is usually listed on the front door . No one is attacking you or your dog. You are probably both decent but the fact is when I go to my drugstore, I dont want to dodge an animal Im allergic too just to get my medications. That is why it is a health code violation. Plain and simple. You are not going to win this fight . Your dog doesnt belong there, the park, your home, the pet store, those are acceptable places but until fluffy gets a job, pays with cash and doesnt offend anyone's senses he /she doesnt belong in a drugstore.

• Po
      Feb 03, 2011

It doesn't matter if the management is selectively enforcing the rule. He can choose how he wishes to enforce it. I love animals, but unless they are for disabilities, they have no business in a store. People with allergies or other issues with animals should not have to worry. I hope you get kicked out permanently.

• Up
      Oct 11, 2019

People may have allergy or fear or both. Shopping should not have to be an angst-causing experience. The store policy exists for a reason and should be enforced in ALL cases. I know 2 people, family members, who were bitten and scratched by the same dog because its defiant owner chose to take it into a drugstore where it was clearly not allowed. In order for CVS to completely enforce the law, I suggest management replace the stupid, amateurish paper signs with real signs. Also, seriously, "CVS Loves Your Pets"? Do pet owners really even see the fine print saying that state law prohibits the animals from being in stores? Somebody call management and tell them that the way they do their presentation of the policy is childish, ineffective, and easy to overlook. No wonder pet owners think they can walk right by the signs! Anybody who has mentioned that this is wrong and inconsiderate of other customers' needs (the need to breathe and the need to shop without angst) is absolutely correct!