CVS / I was cheated with their deceptive practices

Hillside, NJ, US Review updated:

Complaint against Store 479: 265 Long Ave, Hillside NJ 07205

Today I spent around 1 hour arguing with a guy at CVS's photo department. I brought my SD card with me to take passport pictures from my own. I created passport pictures in the CVS Photo machine and did not take help from any CVS employee. So after checkout when I went to the CVS person then he charged me the price of passport pictures i.e 7.99 each for 4 printouts. However the price of the 1 print is 29 Cents.

So when he was charging me with the around 32$ for 4 printouts. I asked him that it should be 29 Cents per print instead of 7.99 per print becasue I didnt take anybodys help to get passport pictures. In response to my question he told me that it doesnt matter whether you take printout from your own or your take help from us. We will be charging you $7.99 for each. My little daughter was crying and it was her food time, so I had to agree with him and allowed him charging around $32.00.

More frustrating situation was awaiting. When he brought my passport pictures, I got so frustrated to see those pictures becasue none of them was with the same size, so when I asked him why thiey are not similar in size then he put all blame on me and said its your mistake in a very rude manner and said we can not help it. I asked him I could do mistake in one picture but cant make similar kind of mistake in all. That was so unethical of him that he kept blaming me. After long effort when I asked him that I am going to talk to CVS customer Care to report this issue then he offered me to click passport pictures free of cost, so I agreed
with his offer because my one year old daughter was crying so I had no option then accepting his indirect force offer. So I took the picture then I went home.

I was so tensed even after reaching home for long time. Then I decided to go to another CVS (Store # 2795, 187 Millburn Ave, Millburn, NJ) to make sure what are charges if I bring my own SD card and take the passport printout from my own and if when CVS guy take picture and order passport pictures. I was astonished to hear that if I take from my own then charges will be 29Cents each. So there I took 8 printouts of passport size pictures and they charged me 29cents for each printout.

First CVS pharmacy cheated me and I wanted to lodge complain against the person. I also have receipts from both CVS. Ontime reply and action will be appreciable, otherwise I have to go legal way.

Bi

Comments

• Bi
      Aug 26, 2009

NonnieMouse

Thanks for the suggestions. I will talk to Store Manager to get this issue resolved.

Once again thank you so much.

Sep 14, 2009

I went to the cvs store in laveen az on 51st and baseline to exchange and item that was purchased by by son ten minutes earlier, And exchange I did not have receipt but the item was still in the cvs bag and the clerk remember the purchase. I was told by the clerk that she had to call her manager to exchange for the right product and also told befroe calling the manager good luck, Well she called her manager and the manager yelled from the back of the store YEAH WHAT IS IT!! but never came to the front of the store to see what the clerk wanted
    The clerk then went to the back of the store to the manager to return and tell us no we can not exchange item which
    I wanted to know why so I went to the back of the store to find the manager standing in the middle of the floor tearing tags apart with no shoes on and dirty feet laughing with another employee, I think NO SHOE NO SHIRT NO SERVICE do apply in the store even for and manager very unperfessional that store need another manager needless to say I never got the help I wanted and I never brought the other purchases that had in hand . not returning

• Re
      Oct 08, 2009

Cheryl...your report is sooooooooo difficult to read. Please take some classes or something and learn how to write and spell better. You lose allllll credibility when you make so many mistakes spelling...and with very poor sentence structure. A typo is one thing, we all make them...but I have a hunch yours is way more and considerably worse than just a typo or two.

• Ti
      Dec 03, 2009

You have to be joking. There are signs VERY prominently posted in the photo section of the store that says that passport pictures are $7.99 per set. This is because you are paying for the sizing of the picture, not for someone to help you. I find it completely unreasonable that people like you continually try to cheat the store out of paying for those pictures. I also find it completely stupid that another store would tell you that those prints would be 29 cents if you do them yourself. But say what, there will always be cheap people in the world, and there will always be ###s who enable them.

• Me
      Dec 24, 2009

What tiredofcustomers said. It was your own fault and the first store was right.

• Tp
      Feb 17, 2010

PEOPLE JUST GOTTA B SO DIFFICULT, PLEASE LADY!!!

• Cb
      Jul 01, 2010

Correction: You should have been charged 29 cents for each 4x6 print. You were right.

FYI: Most managers don't know much about photo.

Jul 31, 2010

I am a CVS Photo Supervisor, and if you came into my store to make your own passport photos from a SD card I m afraid I would have to inform you that the Govt. Passport laws are very strict about the Photos to be submitted with the app.
    1. Photo must be 2x2 in.
    2. Subject must be in front of a white background.
    3. white background must be visiable all the way around subjects head.
    4. all excess jewelry must be removed.
    5. subject must be centered in photo.
    6. If subject wears Glasses the Head must be tilted slightly downward so their is no glaire on glasses.
    7. Subject and background must be clear with no shadows, photo must be bright to see subject clearly.

So with this in mind, PLEASE leave it up to someone who has been trained to follow Govt. guidelines, and save yourself the embarrisment of having your Passport rejected.
    ALL CVS photos are 100% guaranteed, so you can get your money back if your not happy.

• Jc
      Aug 04, 2010

I'm a shift supervisor at CVS and while most managers really don't know that much about photo they should know the right way to find the quickest answers for any customer asking about photo. Biki, the other stores you went to about the passport pictures were correct. The only reason CVS charges 7.99 for the passport picture is because of the time that it takes an employee to focus on that one customer, the SD card for the camera, the camera, the training, and the quality customers recieve from a trained photo associate who can meet all passport guidelines established by the government. It is a very easy task to take your own passport photo as long as you have a white background and a digital camera. If a customer prefers to do the photo themselves they are absolutely allowed to, however the photo associate on duty should have been watching over and making sure you were processing it correctly. That simple task is merely part of their job and does not cost any customer extra. Some customers do indeed try to cheat the system and it is easy for customers to think that they have been cheated as well. Just try to remember that one person does not make an entire company. Just because you have a bad experience at one CVS does not mean that every CVS runs their store in the same way. Cheryl...I find it extremely hard to believe that a manager was running around their store barefoot. If what you saw is true than I would get in touch with their district manager. That's disgusting.

• Je
      Aug 29, 2011

I used the passport photo tool from the website of department of states to create my own and my husband's passport photos. I brought the saved pictures in my usb drive to cvs store #5877 at pearland, texas to print out 6 copies of mine and 6 copies of my husband's photos. The lady charged me total $20.98 before tax for 12 passport photos? Why??? I wanted to save money, that's why i used the official passport photo tool. I will not com back to any cvs stores and tell my bad experience to all my friends.
    Jenny